FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Broccoli is a solid veggie choice for anyone looking to add some green to their diet — but is broccoli keto? Learn whether broccoli can fit into your low carb diet with this guide. We’ll talk about whether you can have broccoli on keto, carbs in broccoli, broccoli keto recipes, and more.
Is Broccoli Keto Friendly?
Can you eat broccoli on keto? You better believe it: Broccoli is loaded with fiber and micronutrients to help you feel great on a keto diet.
Now you know you can enjoy broccoli. But how many carbs does broccoli have, and what is the best way to eat it?
How Many Carbs In Broccoli?
If you’re wondering, “Does broccoli have carbs?” it does — and the amount depends on the serving size and how you serve it.
How many carbs does broccoli have when it’s raw?
A 1-cup serving (91 grams) of chopped raw broccoli contains 3.7 grams of net carbs [*].
When cooked, how many carbs in a cup of broccoli?
A 1-cup serving of chopped and boiled broccoli (156 grams) contains 6.1 grams of net carbs, and nearly double the weight compared to a raw cup of broccoli [*].
The increase in carb count is largely because broccoli shrinks as it cooks, so 1 cup of cooked broccoli is actually more broccoli than 1 cup raw. Put another way, if you cook a cup of broccoli, you’ll end up with less than a cup after it’s cooked.
Is broccoli a carb?
Broccoli itself is not a carb, but there are carbs in broccoli. Keep track of your serving sizes to get exact carb counts.
Broccoli Keto Recipes
You can enjoy lots of broccoli on keto with these easy recipes! My keto meal plan app tracks all the macros in these broccoli recipes for you:
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Tastes like it came from your favorite cafe, and it only uses five ingredients.
- Keto Broccoli Salad With Avocado – High-fat ingredients make the salad extra flavorful (and keto-friendly). Or try broccoli cranberry salad during the fall and winter months.
- Sauteed Broccoli – A super-fast recipe for making garlicky broccoli.
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole – A simple side dish that would wow any picky eater.
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad – With BACON! This one is perfect for potlucks and cookouts.
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – Tastes just like takeout, without the wait.
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice – A tasty alternative if you miss rice on keto.
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower – A simple weeknight side dish!
- Roasted Baby Broccoli – If you can find broccolini (baby broccoli), this is a super easy way to enjoy it!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole – Use the option with broccoli for a nutrient-packed weeknight meal.
So, is broccoli keto friendly? Most definitely. Pay attention to serving sizes and how you cook broccoli to make the most of it in your low carb diet.
- Check your email for a confirmation link. Add [email protected] to your email contacts so that you don't miss it.
- After you confirm, you'll receive a link to the Members Area where you can download the printable!
- If you use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you won't miss future freebies.