FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Keto Cinnamon Muffins
- Keto Cream Cheese Muffins FAQs
- Storage Instructions For Keto Muffins With Cream Cheese
- More Keto Muffin Recipes
- Tools To Make Keto Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Get Besti Brown Keto Sweetener For Your Low Carb Cream Cheese Muffins!
- Keto Cinnamon Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
Say hello to your new favorite – keto cinnamon muffins! Much like my keto coffee cake recipe, these keto muffins with cream cheese and almond flour are multi-layered muffin with a cinnamon batter, cream cheese filling, and ribbons of streusel. And yes, it’s low carb and keto!
Serve up these keto cream cheese muffins with a keto butter coffee or oven baked bacon for slow weekend breakfasts or even holiday mornings. I don’t think you’ll need me to give you any reasons to make keto cream cheese muffins, one bite and you’ll find plenty on your own. 😉
These fluffy almond flour cinnamon muffins use a duo of Besti sweeteners: monk fruit for the batter base and filling, and keto brown sugar substitute for the streusel. They have just 4.8 grams net carbs each and can be enjoyed any time of the day, for a sweet low carb breakfast or even dessert.
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Muffins
Let me show you how to make these keto cream cheese muffins with almond flour. There are a few more steps than regular keto muffins, but they are all easy – and worth it!
1. Make cream cheese filling.
- Mix filling. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, and vanilla together, until smooth.
- Freeze into a log. Transfer the filling to a piece of plastic wrap and wrap into a long, thin log. Freeze until firm.
2. Make almond flour cinnamon muffin batter.
- Beat butter and sweetener. Use a hand mixer to beat softened butter and more Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend.
- Add wet ingredients. Beat in eggs, cream, and vanilla.
TIP: Be sure your eggs and cream are at room temperature. Otherwise, the butter will solidify and clump.
3. Make streusel topping.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, stir together Wholesome Yum Almond Flour, Besti Brown Sweetener, cinnamon, and sea salt, until uniform.
- Mix wet ingredients. In another bowl, stir together melted butter and vanilla.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to brown sugar mixture and stir until crumbly.
Assemble keto cinnamon cream cheese muffins.
- Fold. Sprinkle some of the streusel over the cinnamon almond flour muffins batter. Gently fold in, leaving streaks of streusel in batter.
- Assemble & bake. Spoon muffin batter into lined muffin cups a little less than 1/2 way full. Place a slice of cream cheese in the center of each muffin cup, top with remaining batter, and finally sprinkle the streusel on top. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
Keto Cream Cheese Muffins FAQs
Are cinnamon muffins keto?
Regular cinnamon muffins are not keto friendly, as they are packed with white flour and sugar.
What kind of almond flour should I use?
Be sure to use a super fine almond flour like this, so that your muffins turn out fluffy and not grainy.
Can I use coconut flour?
No, sorry. Multiple aspects of the ingredients would need to change to make that work.
Can I use a different sweetener?
Yes, for some of the layers. For this low carb cinnamon muffin recipe, you’ll need:
- Crystallized sweetener for the batter and filling – I prefer monk fruit allulose blend as it makes ultra moist muffins, has no aftertaste or cooling effect, and dissolves smoothly in the cream cheese filling. You could also use erythritol for the base, or allulose for both the base and filling, or refer to my keto sweetener guide for more conversions. If you are using an erythritol-based sweetener for the filling (including other brands of monk fruit), you’ll need a powdered version, because they won’t dissolve well in the filling the way Besti does.
- Brown sweetener for the streusel – This one doesn’t really have an alternate replacement, because I’ve found no other brand that has the same brown sugar flavor and moisture that Besti Brown does. You can order Besti Brown here, or if it’s not available in your country yet, sign up here to be notified when it is.
Storage Instructions For Keto Muffins With Cream Cheese
Can you make them ahead?
Yes, you can make these muffins ahead. You can also prep just the cream cheese filling and streusel topping ahead of time.
How to store keto cinnamon streusel muffins:
Store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
Can you freeze keto muffins with cream cheese?
Yes, you can freeze these muffins for 2-4 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before eating, or reheat them gently in the oven at 300 degrees.
More Keto Muffin Recipes
If you like this keto cream cheese muffins recipe, you might also like some of these other keto muffin recipes:
- Low Carb Banana Muffins – Taste just like the real thing, but made without bananas!
- Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins – These ultra moist and fluffy blueberry muffins are the best! In fact, I use them as a base for almost every other muffin recipe I develop.
- Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins – A nut-free, keto muffin option that’s bursting with blueberry flavor.
- Low Carb Chocolate Muffins – Two kinds of chocolate, but healthy enough for breakfast. Just 10 minutes prep.
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins – These bakery-style muffins are super moist and EASY!
Tools To Make Keto Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Hand Mixer – Mix up the easy keto cinnamon muffins with this hand mixer. It’s heavy-duty but requires minimal storage space.
- Muffin Tin – You can’t make keto cinnamon roll muffins without the muffin tin!
- Parchment Muffin Liners – Love these for easy cleanup.
Almond Flour Cinnamon Muffins Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Get Besti Brown Keto Sweetener For Your Low Carb Cream Cheese Muffins!
Meet Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the brown sugar replacement that has the moisture, color and flavor of brown sugar - with NO aftertaste & 0 net carbs!GET IT HERE
Keto Cinnamon Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
Low carb keto cinnamon cream cheese muffins are like an almond flour muffin crossed with streusel-topped coffee cake and filled with sweet cream cheese.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Cream Cheese Filling:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Cream Cheese Filling:
Transfer the cream cheese mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and wrap in a long, thin log shape, twisting the ends.
Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and Besti, until fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, then the cream and vanilla.
Beat in the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt, until uniform. The batter will be thick.
Sprinkle 1 cup of streusel (or about 2/3 to 3/4 of the total amount) over the muffin batter. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in, but do NOT stir or mix until uniform (you want streaks of streusel).
Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin cups, filling a bit less than halfway full.
Remove the cream cheese from the freezer. Slice the log into 12 slices (about 2 teaspoons each). Place a slice in the center of each muffin cup.
Spoon the remaining batter over the muffin cups, filling them to the top.
Crumble the remaining streusel over the muffins, about 2 teaspoons per muffin.
Bake for about 22-28 minutes, until the streusel is darker golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If the muffins start to brown too much, tent the top with foil and continue baking until done.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂