FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
Wait until you give this keto magic cookie bars recipe a try! These bars have a few different names; they also go by seven layer magic bars because they have so many layers of goodness. They start with a buttery almond flour crust topped with keto chocolate hazelnut spread, pecans, shredded coconut, sugar-free chocolate chips, and then a dreamy layer of keto condensed milk that bakes up to a dreamy, gooey, caramel.
While it sounds like a lot, these gluten-free magic bars come together really quickly, have no fear. The hardest part? Letting the healthy cookie bars cool – which is a must so they properly set up!
No matter what you call them, if you’re a fan of chocolate, you’ll be a fan of these. And I’m so happy that you guys all love chocolate as much as I do… and ChocZero is the best around! Just like my keto chocolate cookies, low carb chocolate chip muffins, sugar-free chocolate syrup, keto white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and chocolate peanut butter cheesecake (whew, quite a list!), these seven layer magic bars are made with ChocZero chocolates.
While you might have seen the chocolate chips before, the ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread is a new item and you are going to want to get your hands on it! It’s rich and creamy and made with NO SUGAR!
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM for 10% off, just for Wholesome Yum readers!)
Keto Magic Bars Ingredients
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – You won’t believe how delicious this spread is! It tastes just like the real thing – without the sugar and carbs.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips – I use these chips all the time for everything from snacking to baking. They are sweet and smooth, with no aftertaste!
- Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk – This sweet and creamy condensed milk has all of the flavor and thickness of regular condensed milk, but without the sugar and carbs. And it caramelizes when heated, just like the sugary kind.
- Blanched Almond Flour – Be sure to use this super fine blanched almond flour for the best crust.
- Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – The best keto sweetener for these keto 7-layer bars (see below for other options).
- Butter – I recommend grass-fed for best flavor and nutrition.
- Vanilla extract – Use a high quality for best flavor.
- Pecans – Buy chopped pecans to save some time.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut – Mine was super fine, so is not as visible in the bars below. If you want the coconut to show up more in the bars, use medium shredded instead of super fine like mine.
How To Make Keto Magic Cookie Bars
Here’s how to make these gluten-free magic cookie bars:
- Make keto condensed milk. Make keto condensed milk according to instructions here.
- Mix crust. In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour and sweetener. Stir in melted butter and vanilla and mix until crumbly. Press cookie dough tightly into lined pan.
- Assemble seven layer magic bars. Drop dollops of ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread and spread over crust. Top with chopped pecans, coconut, and ChocZero Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips. Pour condensed milk evenly over the top of the bars.
- Bake. Bake until bars are golden brown and slightly jiggly.
- Cool. Allow bars to cool completely before removing them from the pan and slicing.
Gluten-Free Magic Bars FAQs
How do you cut magic cookie bars?
The bars will be jiggly and not ready to cut when they come out of the oven, so don’t try to dig in too soon! (It’s hard, I know.)
They will set once they cool. Once they are cooled, lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove from the pan, then use a large chef’s knife to cut straight down. Do not use a see-saw motion, or the bars can crumble.
Are magic bars keto?
Most magic bars would not be keto, as they are made with sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and plenty of conventional chocolate.
This version is made with an almond-flour crust, keto sweetened condensed milk, and keto chocolate… because we deserve seven layer magic bars, too! Each serving has just 2.4 grams net carbs.
Are magic cookie bars gluten-free?
Most magic cookie bars would not be gluten-free, as they are made with a flour-based crust.
These seven layer magic cookie bars are gluten-free since the crust is made with almond flour instead of white flour.
Can I use a different sweetener?
I recommend using Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend in the crust of these bars, because it tastes and acts like sugar.
You can also use the same sweetener to make the keto condensed milk layer, or allulose like the recipe calls for. An allulose-based sweetener is highly recommended for this layer, because it dissolves well so that your healthy cookie bars have a smooth texture. Other sweeteners will tend to be more gritty, but you could try them. Refer to my keto sweetener guide for conversions.
Can I use coconut flour?
I haven’t tried that, sorry. As an estimate, you could try replacing the 1 cup almond flour in the crust with 1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut flour to reach a similar consistency. But, then you wouldn’t have enough volume of the crust dough to fill the pan, and would need to multiply the crust by 3-4 times to get enough.
Do you have to refrigerate magic cookie bars?
You can keep the low carb 7-layer bars at room temperature for 1-2 days, or refrigerate for up to a week.
Can you freeze healthy magic cookie bars?
Yes, you can freeze the bars for 2-3 months. I would recommend cutting into individual pieces so that you can take them out of the freezer as needed. 🙂
More Easy Keto Bars
If you like this keto magic cookie bar recipe, you might also like some of these:
Tools To Make Healthy Cookie Bars
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – This is the star of these seven layer magic bars!
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips – You’ll need these chocolate chips for topping the healthy cookie bars, but you’ll also find yourself snacking on them. 😉
- 8×8 Inch Pan – Be sure to use an 8×8 pan so that the layers of these healthy cookie bars fit properly.
- Offset Spatula – Easily spread the chocolate hazelnut spread with this spatula.
Low Carb Keto Magic Bars Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
Seven layer keto magic cookie bars have a shortbread crust topped with chocolate hazelnut spread, pecans, coconut, chocolate chips, and gooey caramelized condensed milk. Everyone will love these healthy cookie bars!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour and sweetener.
Press the cookie dough tightly into the lined pan.
Drop dollops of chocolate hazelnut spread over the crust and spread evenly. Top with chopped pecans, followed by the coconut, and finally the chocolate chips.
Pour the condensed milk evenly over everything.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden and just slightly jiggly when gently shaking the pan.
Allow the bars to cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 bar, or 1/16 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂