FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Keto Microwave Bread Recipe With Coconut Flour
- Is There Any Bread You Can Eat On A Low Carb Diet?
- What Is Keto Bread?
- How To Store Keto Bread With Coconut Flour
- How To Freeze Low Carb Microwave Bread
- How To Serve Microwave Keto Bread
- More Low Carb Microwave Bread Recipes
- Tools To Make Coconut Flour Microwave Bread
- Keto Microwave Bread Recipe With Coconut Flour
This post is sponsored by Atkins. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
I’m a firm believer that everyone needs a good keto microwave bread recipe in their back pocket. I think my microwave coconut flour bread is it! It takes just 90 seconds in the microwave. Many of you that saw my other keto 90-second bread recipe have asked me for a nut-free version – well, this keto bread with coconut flour is the answer! And, this low carb microwave bread is made from good-for-you ingredients like flax seed meal and hemp seeds.
I’m so excited to be creating another low carb bread recipe in partnership with Atkins. Low carb has more than 80 gold standard clinical studies that prove the safety and efficacy of low carbohydrate eating. Atkins is a long-term, well-balanced program that appeals to a broad audience of people looking to enjoy a healthier low carb lifestyle.
And no matter where you are at in your low carb journey, I think coconut flour bread made in the microwave can make it a little easier. Did you know that a regular slice of bread will trigger the Hidden Sugar Effect? This essentially means high-carb foods, like regular wheat bread, have the same effect on your body as sugar does when carbohydrates are digested. You don’t see the sugar, but your body does.
Low carb microwave bread to the rescue! 😉
Once you try this simple coconut flour bread, I think you’ll be hooked. It’s such an easy, fast way to make a whole-food-based and keto-friendly bread. Not only is it keto, but it’s got good fats from the flax seed and hemp seeds and plenty of protein and fiber from the coconut flour. It makes a filling slice of bread, that’s for sure.
And don’t worry, all of the ingredients are probably things you already have in your low carb pantry.
I can’t wait for you to try it, and since it takes less than 2 minutes, you should go make it now and report back in the comments! I love to hear what you guys think of my recipes.
How To Make Keto Microwave Bread Recipe With Coconut Flour
I’m going to show you how to make keto bread in microwave – it couldn’t be easier!
- Melt the butter and mix all of the ingredients (coconut flour, golden flax seed meal, 3 types of seeds, egg and coconut milk beverage) into a small ramekin. (It’s just like a keto mug bread.)
- Smooth out the top, and sprinkle with seeds (this step is optional, but it adds a nice crunch.)
- Then we microwave! 90 second keto bread takes… you guessed it! 90 seconds.
TIP: If you prefer to use the oven, you’ll find oven instructions in the recipe card below.
- Run a knife around the edges, and the keto microwave bread should pop right out.
Is There Any Bread You Can Eat On A Low Carb Diet?
Yes, there are some breads you can eat on a low carb lifestyle. But it needs to be a low carb bread or keto bread recipe… like this one! I’ve got a ton of keto low carb bread recipes for you to try.
This low carb microwave bread is made with keto-approved ingredients and has just 4 grams net carbs per serving.
What Is Keto Bread?
This keto low carb microwave bread is made from a variety of keto-friendly ingredients:
- Coconut flour
- Golden flax seed meal
- Hemp seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Unsweetened coconut milk beverage – or any milk you like (like almond milk if you’re not nut-free), but note that dairy milk will have sugar in the form of lactose.
How To Store Keto Bread With Coconut Flour
You can keep it on the counter for about a day, in the fridge for about a week, or freeze for longer. You can even use multiple ramekins to make it in bulk, and freeze. That way, you’ll always have keto bread with coconut flour on hand. Just toast and eat!
How To Freeze Low Carb Microwave Bread
If you’d like to freeze this low carb microwave bread, simply slice into pieces and place a sheet of parchment paper in between the slices. Store in a plastic freezer bag.
When you’re ready to eat your microwave coconut flour bread, toast until warm and golden brown.
How To Serve Microwave Keto Bread
You can use keto bread in most ways that you’d use regular bread! Here are some ideas for toppings:
- Grass-fed butter
- Nut butter
- Sugar-free strawberry chia jam – I also sprinkled some hemp seeds on top, pictured above!
- Turkey sandwich – avocado oil mayo + same sandwich fillings I use for cucumber subs!
- Keto grilled cheese (yum!)
- Mini keto pizza – simply toast and top with marinara sauce, cheese, and any other pizza toppings
- Keto low carb chicken salad
- Avocado tuna salad
This bread can do so much!
More Low Carb Microwave Bread Recipes
Bread is often one of the things people miss most when transitioning to a low carb diet, but thankfully, there is no shortage of easy keto bread recipes, such as:
- Coconut Flour Bread – the full loaf version that inspired this one!
- Keto Cloud Bread
- Low Carb 2-Minute English Muffin
- Almond Flour Bread
Tools To Make Coconut Flour Microwave Bread
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- 4-Ounce Ramekins – This is the perfect size for this low carb microwave bread recipe and can be used for desserts and keto bread rolls, too!
- Gourmet Toaster – It’s an investment, but I love this toaster. Want your microwave keto bread to get a little toasty and crunchy? Toast it!
Keto Microwave Bread Recipe With Coconut Flour:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Microwave Bread Recipe With Coconut Flour
The BEST keto microwave bread recipe with coconut flour, ready in 90 seconds! You'll love this low carb microwave coconut flour bread.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Melt the butter in a 4-ounce (118 mL) ramekin.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Keep stirring and pressing with the back of a spoon until the batter is fully incorporated and thick enough to be spreadable. Flatten and smooth the top with the back of the spoon. (You can top with more seeds if desired - this is optional.)
Microwave cooking method: Microwave for 90 seconds, until set and spring-y on top.
Oven cooking method: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Bake for about 15 minutes, until set and spring-y on top.
Run a knife along the edge and flip over a plate or paper towel to release. Slice into 3 slices.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 slice (1/3 entire recipe)
Video Showing How To Make Keto Microwave Bread:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Microwave Bread!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂