FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Nothing quite beats a piece of juicy chicken for dinner. It’s one of the easiest foods to turn into a meal that’s both quick and versatile. This creamy cilantro lime chicken recipe is my latest favorite.
I think we’d all agree that there are a multitude of reasons to make baked chicken breast as main course. Maybe it’s a busy weeknight and you’ve got a million things to do – none of which involve making a gourmet dinner, might I add. Perhaps you’re having a hectic day and don’t feel like cooking anything beyond totally simple. Or, you’ve got company coming for dinner and have already spent plenty of time on other dishes for the table, so you just want something quick and easy for the main course. Besides, with baked chicken, you know everyone will like it!
My 3-step Italian seasoned baked chicken recipe is hands down my favorite way to address any of these scenarios. If you haven’t tried it yet, I’d bet it’ll be the juiciest chicken you’ve made – and the easiest.
Today, I’ve got a twist on the original recipe that kicks it up a notch without adding any difficulty at all.
Baked creamy cilantro lime chicken!
As a bonus, this creamy cilantro lime chicken recipe couldn’t have come at a more perfect time. I wish I could say that I’m feeling completely better now that I’m in the second trimester, but to be completely honest, the nausea hasn’t subsided yet. It was gone by this point with my first baby, so I’m just counting down the days until it goes away, hoping that it doesn’t last through the entire pregnancy this time around.
Cross your fingers for me, pretty please?
The good news for me is that nothing cures morning sickness (or all day sickness) like tangy limes. The good news for you is that, even when you’re already feeling great (and I hope you are!), tangy lime coconut cream sauce is absolutely ah-mazing.
And if you want more ideas for cilantro and lime together, try Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups. You can easily use a low carb sweetener instead of the honey; my favorite is this sugar-free honey substitute.
So, are you ready to make some creamy cilantro lime chicken for dinner?
Tools To Make Low Carb Cilantro Lime Chicken:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Parchment Paper – I always prefer to line my baking sheet with parchment paper so that it is easy to clean-up after cooking.
- Baking Sheet – This is my favorite baking sheet to use in the kitchen. It’s nonstick and anti-warp.
- Set of Bowls – This set of bowls is perfect for making this keto chicken recipe. You can use them to brine the chicken and to mix your ingredients.
Paleo Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe (Low Carb):
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken (Paleo, Low Carb)
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl. Cover with water. Stir in a tablespoon of sea salt. Set aside to brine for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). Line a 9x13 in (23x33 cm) baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (or skip this step if using a non-stick ceramic pan). Grease lightly.
- Stir together the coconut cream, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. (You can heat the coconut cream first if it's too stiff to stir easily.)
- When the chicken is done brining, drain the water and pat dry. Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Pour the cream mixture over the chicken and spread evenly. Arrange lime slices on top in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the chicken is firm and done. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro.
Made this recipe? Leave a rating! ★★★★★
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.