Easy Keto Bread Recipe - White & Fluffy, 5 Ingredients
Learn how to make the BEST keto bread recipe! This fluffy, easy white keto friendly bread has just 5 basic ingredients and 1 net carb per slice.
Don't worry, the advertisements will NOT show up when you print the recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 170,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
- 1 cup Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Yum Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/3 cup Butter (or 5 tbsp + 1 tsp; measured solid, then melted; can use coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 12 large Egg whites (~1 1/2 cups, at room temperature)
Optional Ingredients (recommended)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Besti Erythritol (can use any sweetener or omit)
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum (for texture - omit for paleo)
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar (to more easily whip egg whites)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C). Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 in (22x11 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper, with extra hanging over the sides for easy removal later.
Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, erythritol, xanthan gum, and sea salt in a large food processor. Pulse until combined.
Add the melted butter. Pulse, scraping down the sides as needed, until crumbly.
In a very large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites and cream of tartar (if using), until stiff peaks form. Make sure the bowl is large enough because the whites will expand a lot.
Add 1/2 of the stiff egg whites to the food processor. Pulse a few times until just combined. Do not over-mix!
Carefully transfer the mixture from the food processor into the bowl with the egg whites, and gently fold until no streaks remain. Do not stir. Fold gently to keep the mixture as fluffy as possible.
Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan and smooth the top. Push the batter toward the center a bit to round the top.
Bake for about 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Tent the top with aluminum foil and bake for another 30-45 minutes, until the top is firm and does not make a squishy sound when pressed. Internal temperature should be 200 degrees. Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Serving size: 1 slice, 1/2" thick
- This recipe was slightly updated in June 2018 to reduce baking temperature to 325 degrees, increase cook time, and better describe signs of doneness. These changes reduce the chance of having an under cooked center.
- Check the post above the recipe card for crucial tips on how to make this the best keto bread recipe for white bread!
Video Showing How To Make Keto Bread:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Bread!