Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs (Perfect Yolks!)
Learn how to boil eggs perfectly, with time chart for perfect yolks! Get easy peel hard boiled eggs every time using this fast simple method.
Find the full recipe, including tips, step-by-step photos, and storage instructions, and save it in your account at: https://www.wholesomeyum.com/how-to-boil-eggs-easy-peel/
Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
How To Boil Eggs Perfectly:
Place eggs in a single layer at the bottom of a large saucepan or pot. Add enough water to cover the eggs with at least 1 in (2.5 cm) of water over them.
Add a tablespoon (15 mL) of vinegar and a tablespoon (14 g) of sea salt to the pot. Stir gently.
- Place the pan onto the stove over high heat. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
Once the water is boiling, set a timer to the following number of minutes based on how you want your eggs.
1 minute - Very runny soft boiled eggs
2 minutes - Runny soft boiled eggs
3 minutes - Very gooey medium boiled eggs
4 minutes - Gooey medium boiled eggs
5 minutes - Just set medium boiled eggs
6 minutes - Medium-hard boiled eggs
7 minutes - Very creamy hard boiled eggs
8 minutes - Creamy hard boiled eggs
9 minutes - Firm hard boiled eggs
10 minutes - Very firm hard boiled eggs
- Right before the timer is about to go off, turn on the faucet to the coldest that it goes and let it run until the water is ice cold. Once the timer goes off, drain the hot water and place the pan under the cold running water, letting the ice cold water fill the pan. The water will turn lukewarm from the heat of the eggs and pan. Keep running the water (it will overflow from the pot), until the water in the pan is ice cold. Leave the eggs in the pot for about 10 minutes, until they reach room temperature.
How To Peel Boiled Eggs Easily:
- Once the eggs are at room temperature (but not colder), you can peel them.
- To peel an egg, roll it on the counter with the palm of your hand, pressing gently to make cracks all over the shell. The peel will come right off!
- If not using right away, see notes in the post above about how to store hard boiled eggs and when to peel them.
Serving size: 1 egg
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. :)