How To Boil Eggs Perfectly Every Time - Easy Peel
Don't worry, the advertisements will NOT show up when you print the recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 170,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
- 8 large Egg (or any number you want)
- 4 cups Water (or enough to cover eggs in the pan)
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar (or white if not paleo)
- 1 tbsp Sea salt
How To Boil Eggs Perfectly
Place eggs in a single layer at the bottom of a large saucepan or pot. Add enough water to cover the eggs with at least 1 in (2.5 cm) of water over them.
Add a tablespoon (15 mL) of vinegar and a tablespoon (14 g) of sea salt to the pot. Stir gently.
Place the pan onto the stove over high heat. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
Once the water is boiling, set a timer to the following number of minutes based on how you want your eggs.
- 1 minute - Very runny soft boiled eggs
- 2 minutes - Runny soft boiled eggs
- 3 minutes - Very gooey medium boiled eggs
- 4 minutes - Gooey medium boiled eggs
- 5 minutes - Just set medium boiled eggs
- 6 minutes - Medium-hard boiled eggs
- 7 minutes - Very creamy hard boiled eggs
- 8 minutes - Creamy hard boiled eggs
- 9 minutes - Firm hard boiled eggs
- 10 minutes - Very firm hard boiled eggs
Right before the timer is about to go off, turn on the faucet to the coldest that it goes and let it run until the water is ice cold. Once the timer goes off, drain the hot water and place the pan under the cold running water, letting the ice cold water fill the pan. The water will turn lukewarm from the heat of the eggs and pan. Keep running the water (it will overflow from the pot), until the water in the pan is ice cold. Leave the eggs in the pot for about 10 minutes, until they reach room temperature.
How To Peel Boiled Eggs Easily
Once the eggs are at room temperature (but not colder), you can peel them.
To peel an egg, roll it on the counter with the palm of your hand, pressing gently to make cracks all over the shell. The peel will come right off!
If not using right away, see notes in the post above about how to store hard boiled eggs and when to peel them.
Serving size: 1 egg
Video Showing How To Make Perfect Boiled Eggs:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Perfect Boiled Eggs!