5-Ingredient Low Carb Clam Chowder (Gluten-free)
Don't worry, the advertisements will NOT show up when you print the recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 170,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
- 2 6.5-oz cans Clams (chopped finely, liquid retained)
- 1 lb Cauliflower (florets only, cut in small pieces)
- 1 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream (or coconut cream for paleo/dairy-free)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper (or more to taste)
Combine all ingredients, except heavy cream, in a large pot. (Make sure you pour the retained liquid from the clams in there, too.) Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
Stir in the heavy cream. Heat just enough for the soup to be hot again.
- Recipe is five ingredients not including salt and pepper.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, you can puree part of it (including the base and cauliflower pieces), then return to the pot. Alternatively, you can whisk in a thickener like 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder, then simmer until thickened.
Serving size: 1 cup