Easy Strawberry Tart Recipe (Paleo, Low Carb, Sugar-free) - 5 Ingredients
Don't worry, the advertisements will NOT show up when you print the recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 170,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
- 2 1/2 cup Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Besti Powdered Erythritol (can sub any granulated sweetener; powdered is used here to reduce # of ingredients)
- 1/3 cup Coconut cream (from a can, refrigerated to separate - use solid part only*)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cup Coconut cream (from a can, refrigerated to separate - use solid part only*)
- 1/2 cup Besti Powdered Erythritol (don't use granulated, but can sub any liquid sweetener instead)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 12 oz Strawberries (sliced thinly)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9 in (23 cm) springform cake pan with parchment paper. (If you don't have one, you can use a regular cake pan, but grease it well.
To make the crust, stir the almond flour and powdered erythritol together in a large bowl.
Heat the coconut cream for the crust until liquid (you can use the microwave or a small saucepan on the stove. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Stir the liquid into the almond flour mixture to make a very crumbly dough. (Press with the back of a spoon/spatula to help it incorporate. It should be crumbly but able to be pressed together.)
Press the dough into the bottom of the lined pan, and about an inch up the sides and the rest on the bottom. Bake for about 13-17 minutes, until set and golden on the edges.
Let the crust cool for about 30 minutes, until lukewarm (not hot). This is important to prevent the cream filling from melting when you add it.
Meanwhile, make the cream filling. Using a hand mixer with a CHILLED whisk attachment and a CHILLED bowl, beat the coconut cream for about 5 minutes, until smooth and fluffy. (You shouldn't have any liquid, but if any forms, drain it off.) Beat in the powdered erythritol and vanilla. (You can adjust sweetness to taste.)
Spread the cream filling onto the crust. Top with overlapping layers of sliced strawberries. Cool completely. Refrigerate for at least an hour, until the cream filling is firm, before slicing.
Notes on Coconut Cream:
- You'll probably need 3-4 cans of coconut cream to get enough of the solid portion for the recipe. Avoid tipping the can and make sure you only use the solid portion. Leave the liquid for another use, like smoothies.
- Don't like coconut flavor (or don't have coconut cream on hand)? If you can eat dairy, you can use melted butter in the crust and heavy cream in the filling instead of coconut cream (same amounts).
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/16 of entire tart