Healthy Low Carb Meal Prep: Greek Mason Jar Salad Recipe with Chicken
This Greek Mason jar salad recipe with chicken makes for super easy low carb meal prep! Just a few common ingredients & 10 minutes prep time.
Don't worry, the advertisements will NOT show up when you print the recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 170,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (or 2 tbsp for less dressing)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar (or 2 tsp for less dressing)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2/3 cup Grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2/3 cup Cucumbers (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Red onions (diced or sliced)
- 3 oz Chicken breast (grilled or baked in the oven, cubed)
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese (crumbled, optional - skip for dairy-free, paleo or whole30)
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce (chopped, packed to measure)
Vigorously whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper, until it forms a balsamic vinaigrette dressing (emulsifies). You can also shake in a small container instead. Pour into the bottom of a large glass jar.
Layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed - tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, chicken, feta cheese (if using), and romaine lettuce. Do not mix together.
Cover the jar with a lid and refrigerate until ready to eat, up to 3-5 days.
When ready to eat, shake the jar vigorously to mix everything together. Pour into a bowl to eat.
Serving size: 1 mason jar salad (entire recipe)
Which Mason jar to use? I recommend these jars. See the post above for more detail on types of jars.
Want to make this for healthy meal prep? Change the number of servings on the recipe card to 4 (or any number you want), then divide ingredients evenly among multiple jars as you go through the steps.
Note about balsamic vinaigrette dressing: If you prefer less dressing, use 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp balsamic vinegar instead.