The BEST method for how to cook New York strip! This foolproof New York strip steak recipe is tender, juicy, flavorful, and super easy.
The Best Steak Recipes
Learn how to cook the any cut of steak perfectly every time — tender and juicy! It’s actually very easy to do, with minimal ingredients. The key to a perfect steak is cooking it to the right temperature! These are the best steak recipes that will show you how to do just that, and will make your steak the star of your meal.
Simple Steak Recipes
Cooking steak doesn’t have to be complicated! It’s actually very fast and easy with the right method. Try these easy steak recipes as proof! Serve them with steakhouse sides, like roasted potatoes (or try an air fryer baked potato for a quick and easy option), creamed spinach, simple roasted broccoli, or just a wedge salad.
Learn how to cook filet mignon perfectly like a steakhouse (with time chart). This easy filet mignon recipe is melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Cooking steak on the grill is EASY with the right method! Learn how to make a perfect grilled steak that’s juicy and tender every time.
Learn how to cook flank steak in the oven, in the pan, or on the grill! This flank steak recipe cooks fast, with just 5 simple ingredients.
My Most Popular Steak Recipe
Perfect Sirloin Steak
Learn how to cook sirloin steak perfectly, with simple ingredients and a foolproof oven method. You’ll love this easy, tender sirloin steak recipe!
Tips For Cooking Steak Perfectly
No matter how you like to cook your steak or what cut of beef you use, follow these tips for tender, juicy results:
- Thick steaks are best – Thicker cuts are less prone to overcooking. Look for ones that are at least 1 inch thick. Even 1.5 inches thick is great!
- Bring to room temperature – Letting your steaks sit on the counter for 30 minutes before cooking will help them cook more evenly.
- Season or marinate – You can use a steak marinade, or season simply with salt and pepper. A good rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper per pound of meat. A great cut of steak doesn’t absolutely need any seasoning beyond that — the beef will offer plenty of flavor — but if you want to get fancy, try Montreal steak seasoning.
- Use high heat – Whether you pan-fry steak in a skillet, cook it on the grill, or bake it in the oven, high heat is key for a perfect crust on the outside and a juicy inside. I recommend a cast iron skillet to get a perfect sear.
- Don’t move during cooking – Keeping your steaks in one place while cooking will help them get a nice sear. Move them only when you need to flip.
- Use a meat thermometer – The most important key to cooking a juicy, tender steak is cooking it to the right temperature. (See time chart below!) A probe thermometer is the easiest type to use, because it’s hands-off and will beep when your steak is ready. If you don’t have one, a regular instant-read meat thermometer will work.
- Rest after cooking – Once they are done, transfer the steaks to a plate and let them rest for 5-10 minutes to let the juices settle. The internal temperature will rise another 5 degrees or so while resting.
- Slice against the grain – This breaks up the tough muscle fibers, making every bite more tender.
- Add compound butter – It’s easy to make and is the perfect topping for all kinds of steak recipes! You can also use your favorite steak sauce.
Steak Temperature Chart
The cook time for steak will vary depending on the cut you choose and how thick it is, but the target internal temperature is the same no matter what! Medium-rare to medium steaks are the most juicy with a nice crust, but choose your favorite level of doneness:
|120 degrees F
|130 degrees F
|140 degrees F
|150 degrees F
|160 degrees F
Easy Meals With Steak
Simple steak recipes can make a delicious main dish, whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or want a weeknight dinner. But steak is also delicious with other ingredients in the same dish to make a complete meal. Try these ideas:
Make this steak salad recipe with crisp greens, sweet tomatoes, shaved parmesan, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. An easy meal in 15 minutes!
You’ll love this easy beef stir fry recipe with tender steak, colorful vegetables, and simple stir fry sauce. Perfect for busy weeknights!
Sheet pan fajitas combine tender steak or chicken, bell peppers and onions in an easy seasoning. A 25-minute one-pan meal with 6 ingredients!
The ultimate steak and eggs breakfast recipe with tender, juicy steak and perfect eggs! It takes just 20 minutes, with simple ingredients.