The best vegetable soup recipe – cozy, flavorful, fast, easy, and healthy! Learn how to make homemade vegetable soup in just 30 minutes.
Easy Low Carb Keto Soup Recipes
Nothing is better at warming you up than a big bowl of soup! And, these easy low carb soup recipes are not only absolutely delicious, they are also perfect for a keto diet and gluten-free. Enjoy them as a starter, as a meal on their own, or pair them with keto salads. Either way, keto soup recipes make the ultimate satisfying comfort food.
THE EASY KETO FREEZER SYSTEM
Make 12 meals in 2 hours, plus recipes and freezer guides!
Easy Keto Soup Recipes For Meals
If you’re looking for the best low carb soups for dinner or lunch, these are hearty enough to make as a meal! They include plenty of vegetables as well as protein, so they are sure to satisfy. (The vegetable soup is an exception and does not contain a protein, but you could add one. You can also customize the veggies in there — I love adding fresh spinach to it.) Plus, these also happen to be the keto soup recipes readers rave about again and again.
An EASY keto white chicken chili recipe that’s creamy, cheesy, and flavorful! No one will guess this is low carb chicken chili, with just 4g net carbs per serving.
This easy keto gumbo recipe is a Southern classic made low carb. It’s a simple, healthy one-pot meal that’s naturally thickened and full of flavor.
This easy keto beef stew recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep, with a secret ingredient that tastes like potatoes. Low carb beef stew is rich and hearty – without the carbs!
Featured Keto Friendly Soup Video
The Best Keto Chili
An EASY low carb keto chili recipe without beans, made in a Crock Pot slow cooker or Instant Pot pressure cooker, using common ingredients & 15-min prep time.
Creamy Keto Soup Ideas
Almost any veggie can be made into a creamy low carb soup. It’s best to ditch the processed canned stuff, which is filled with starches and preservatives, and make your own instead. The most popular of these is broccoli cheddar soup, but
Tips For Making The Best Keto Soups
- Broth – Many of my soup recipes call for chicken broth, but you can also substitute beef or vegetable broth, chicken stock, or bone broth for nutrition.
- Starches – If you’re looking for a starchy, comforting mouth feel for your keto soup ideas, try using some cauliflower rice (or florets), zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or rutabagas. These often mimic rice, pasta, or potatoes, respectively, quite well when cooked until tender. Many of my low carb soups on this page already use these.
- Customization – Just like salads, soups are easy to customize to your preferences. Feel free to use ground beef, chicken breasts or thighs, ground sausage, or even seafood interchangeably; you just may need to adjust the cook time.
- Thickening – There are many different methods for thickening keto friendly soups, but the ingredients I use most often for this are shredded cheese (see how I use cheddar cheese for this in broccoli cheese soup!), cream cheese, reduced heavy cream, or xanthan gum. You can also see more options in my post about cornstarch substitutes.
- Method – Most of my low carb soup recipes are made on the stove top, but some are designed for a Crock Pot or Instant Pot. You can usually make any soup using your preferred cooking method, though. I try to cover instructions for all three in blog posts when possible, but feel free to ask in a comment if it’s not listed.
- Garnish – Every soup looks more appetizing with garnish! Fresh parsley goes on just about anything, but depending on the cuisine, you can also try green onions, cilantro, or fresh basil leaves.
- Freeze – Soups are the best candidates for bulk cooking! You can make a big batch and freeze virtually any of the options here. And if you’re a fan of batch cooking, try my keto freezer system.
Low Carb Chicken Soups
Chicken noodle soup is a comfort food staple, but it’s off limits for low carb followers, mostly because of the noodles. I have a traditional swap below using spaghetti squash, but you could use zucchini noodles or shirataki noodles in it as well. For a classic flavor and appearance, I do often use a small amount of carrots (which are not strictly keto-friendly) in my low carb chicken soup recipes, but feel free to swap in bell peppers if those don’t work for you.