A quick no bake keto cheesecake recipe that’s so rich and creamy, you’d never guess it’s sugar free. This low carb no bake cheesecake is based on the popular classic version.
Keto Cream Cheese Recipes
Looking for low carb recipes with cream cheese? This versatile ingredient is awesome for both sweet and savory dishes. You can use it for baking desserts, fathead dough, soups, dips, and more. Find 50+ of the best keto cream cheese recipes here — you’re sure to find something for every craving!
TIP: If you’re making sweet recipes, be sure to use the right sweetener. Many brands will crystallize and get gritty. To avoid this, I always recommend Besti for baked goods and Besti Powdered for smooth applications, such as cheesecake or frosting.
What Is Cream Cheese?
Is Cream Cheese Keto Friendly?
Cheesecake is by far the most popular low carb dessert with cream cheese — and this keto cheesecake recipe is the classic one readers make most, but there are other varieties for you to try below. I make an almond flour crust most often, but you can adapt the coconut flour version from these cheesecake cupcakes for any of the other versions as well.
The BEST keto peanut butter cheesecake recipe! This low carb peanut butter cup cheesecake has a chocolate crust, smooth peanut butter filling, + plenty of peanut butter cups mixed in.
Low carb keto cheesecake bites + cheesecake fat bombs in one — just 1 net carb each! You only need 6 ingredients needed for these sweet, creamy treats.
An easy no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe with 20 minute prep! Keto low carb chocolate cheesecake has just 5 ingredients in the crust & 4 in the filling.
Featured Keto Cream Cheese Recipe
Classic Keto Cheesecake
A gluten-free, low carb cheesecake recipe that’s EASY to make with only 8 ingredients and 10 minutes prep. This sugar-free keto cheesecake tastes just like the real thing – silky, sweet, and rich!
More Sweet Keto Cream Cheese Recipes
If you don’t like or get bored with cheesecake, there are plenty of other keto cream cheese desserts that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Here are some others to try.
Keto Friendly Substitutions For Cream Cheese
Don’t have any cream cheese on hand? Below are some substitutes that could work in recipes and you can usually use the same amount, though the applications where each substitute works best can vary. If you’re making one of my keto recipes here at Wholesome Yum, I recommend asking in the comments to see if it’s something I’ve experimented with before — I’m happy to help!
- Neufchatel Cheese – This is probably the closest substitute, since it’s basically a lower fat cream cheese. Surprisingly, neufchatel has virtually the same carb count as regular cream cheese, so feel free to use in keto recipes. And, it’s a great sub for making keto cheesecake!
- Mascarpone – This has the same creamy texture as cream cheese, but is much richer and less tangy. (You can add a little lemon juice to add some tang.) It’s perfect for recipes that don’t require heating, such as spreads, dips, fillings, and frostings. However, it will melt into a buttery consistency if you heat it. Make your own mascarpone from scratch like this.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream is lower in fat and calories than cream cheese, and more tangy, so it’s not a 1:1 substitute. It works great in sauces, soups, and dips. It may work for some desserts (it’s my secret to the best keto chocolate cake!), but other ingredient amounts would need adjustments if you’re replacing cream cheese with it.
- Cottage Cheese – For keto, be sure to use full-fat cottage cheese. It’s much chunkier than cream cheese, so I recommend pureeing it with heavy cream to use in dips or casseroles.
- Ricotta Cheese – Again, use a full-fat variety. Ricotta is milder in flavor than cream cheese and less smooth. It’s works well for casseroles and desserts. For a cheesecake, you can replace some of the cream cheese with ricotta, but replacing all of it is not recommended.
- Greek Yogurt – Use plain whole milk Greek yogurt, or make your own keto yogurt. For best results when using in recipes to replace cream cheese, strain either type overnight using a cheesecloth to make it thicker. Do not use for cheesecake.
Savory Low Carb Cream Cheese Recipes
Cream cheese is excellent for low carb snacks and appetizers, especially dips and bites. It pairs well with garlic, bacon, and most vegetables. Here are a few of the most popular savory options to make with it: