FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
This keto peanut butter cheesecake is the dessert that you just have to make when you need to impress someone. Even if that someone is yourself, because, wow is this one decadent! It’s one of those desserts that is really hard to believe is low carb and keto. But it is!
I think that what makes this the best low carb peanut butter cheesecake is that we have the peanut butter and chocolate flavors layered in throughout the cheesecake – chocolate crust, peanut butter filling, and ChocZero peanut butter cups all over the place. 🙂 I can’t call it peanut butter cup cheesecake without using peanut butter cups!
It might not be a surprise to see another cheesecake here on Wholesome Yum, because you know I love them! And I know you love them because my keto cheesecake recipe is the most popular dessert recipe on the site! I’m sharing my other favorite keto cheesecake recipes below, I’ve got plenty of twists on everyone’s favorite dessert and even a cheesecake fat bomb option.
For the best keto peanut butter cheesecake, you absolutely need keto peanut butter cups — and the best part about ChocZero cups is that they have no sugar alcohols, gluten, or soy. In fact, they taste just like normal peanut butter cups… which is why this might be the best keto peanut butter cheesecake you’ll ever make!
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM for 10% off, just for Wholesome Yum readers!)
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake
This is a dessert that impresses, but I promise it’s an easy keto peanut butter cheesecake! Let me show you how to make it.
- Combine dry ingredients for crust. Pulse almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, and sea salt in a food processor.
- Add wet ingredients for crust. Add melted butter eggs, and vanilla, and process until all combined and uniform.
- Finish crust. Press dough into a prepared springform pan and prick with a fork all over (shown below before baking). Bake and let cool.
- Make filling. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese and powdered monk fruit allulose blend, until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter flavors. Beat in peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs.
TIP: Keep mixer at medium or low speed. Mixing at a high speed will add air bubbles to the low carb peanut butter cheesecake filling, and we don’t want those!
- Add more texture. Fold in chopped ChocZero Peanut Butter Cups.
- Assemble chocolate peanut butter keto cheesecake. Transfer the filling over the crust and smooth with a spatula.
Optional step to prevent cracking: If you are concerned about your cheesecake cracking, wrap the bottom of the pan with foil and place inside a rimmed baking dish with warm water poured into the outer pan, halfway up the sides.
- Bake. It’s done when the center is almost set, but still jiggly. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edge of springform pan to prevent the sides from sticking. (Don’t remove springform yet!) Cool the cheesecake to room temperature.
- Chill. Refrigerate your keto peanut butter chocolate cheesecake until completely set, preferably overnight.
- Add toppings. Top with keto whipped cream along the edges, then top that with whole upside-down keto peanut butter cups. Crumble more chopped cups over the center and lightly press into filling. For an extra-special finish, drizzle with melted sugar-free chocolate chips.
TIP: Slice the cheesecake to fit one peanut butter cup per slice. This adds up to 12 slices.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cheesecake FAQs
Is peanut butter cheesecake keto?
Yes, this peanut butter cup cheesecake is keto friendly. Each serving has 9 grams of net carbs.
While this is more than a typical keto dessert, it’s a big win compared to the 45 grams of carbs in the average slice of regular peanut butter cheesecake.
If 9 grams is still too high for you, you can also cut it into smaller pieces.
Why did my cheesecake crack?
The main reason that cheesecakes crack is because after it’s done cooking, it contracts and if the edges of the cheesecake are still stuck to the springform pan, the middle will crack.
It will still taste fine and you can always hide it with toppings (like chopped peanut butter cups!), but this is why I have you run a knife along the edges after it comes out of the oven.
If you’re extra concerned about it, see my tip above on baking it in a water bath.
Why did my cheesecake sink?
Cheesecakes can sink if they have been over-mixed. If you mix the filling too much and incorporate too much air to it, the cheesecake will rise during baking and then fall (sink) as it cools.
Can I use a different sweetener?
Yes, but the texture won’t be as smooth and silky. Check my keto sweetener guide for a conversion chart.
Peanut Cutter Cup Cheesecake Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, this is actually an ideal dessert to make ahead because it needs to chill in the refrigerator overnight.
How to store peanut butter cup cheesecake:
Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.
Can you freeze cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake for 1 month (ideally) or up to 3 months (max). It’s safe to eat beyond that, but the texture can change.
More Keto Cheesecake Recipes
If you like this low carb peanut butter cheesecake recipe, you might like some of my other keto cheesecake recipes. Clearly, I love cheesecake!
- Keto Cheesecake – It’s a classic for a reason and it’s one of the most popular recipes on Wholesome Yum for a reason! Just 8 ingredients and 10 minutes to prep.
- Keto No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – Just 20 minutes to prep this double chocolate cheesecake.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake – It’s like cheesecake and pumpkin pie collided. Only 15 minutes to prep.
- Keto Cheesecake Fluff – Think cheesecake filling, without the crust. This easy dessert takes just 10 minutes to prep and 6 ingredients.
- Keto Cheesecake Brownies – A brownie crust and cheesecake filling, these easy bars combine two fantastic desserts.
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs – If you need a filling treat, these fat bombs have just 1 gram net carb each and taste like cheesecake.
Tools To Make Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor – Easily mix up the crust for this peanut butter cup cheesecake in this food processor, I use it for all sorts of recipes and fat head cinnamon rolls!
- Springform Pan – This pan makes it easy to release the low carb peanut butter cheesecake. Don’t forget to run a knife along the edges after it comes out of the oven so that your cheesecake doesn’t crack.
- Hand Mixer – Take this cordless mixer on the go.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cups – A must for both the filling and the topping! Remember to use code WHOLESOMEYUM for 10% off.
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
The BEST keto peanut butter cheesecake! My low carb peanut butter cheesecake has a chocolate crust, pb filling, + plenty of pb cups mixed in.
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Chocolate Cheesecake Crust:
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with parchment paper. (You can also try greasing well.)
To make the crust, combine the almond flour, Besti, cocoa powder, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until uniform.
Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla, and process again until uniform, scraping the sides as needed.
Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Prick gently with a fork all over. Bake for about 10 minutes, until set and no longer shiny. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered Besti together at low to medium speed, until fluffy.
Beat in the peanut butter and vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. (Keep the mixer at medium the whole time; too high speed will introduce too many air bubbles, which we don't want.)
Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chopped ChocZero Peanut Butter Cups.
Transfer the filling into the pan over the crust. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula or pastry spatula.
Optional step: If you’re super concerned about cracks, wrap the bottom of the pan with foil and place inside a rimmed baking dish, with warm water poured into the outer pan, halfway up the sides of the inner pan.
Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the center is almost set, but still jiggly and edges are starting to brown.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven. If the edges are stuck to the pan, run a knife around the edge. (But, do not remove the springform edge just yet.) Cool the cheesecake in the pan on the counter to room temperature.
Arrange the whole peanut butter cups along the edges of the cheesecake, then crumble the remaining chopped peanut butter cups all over the center. Press gently into the filling.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight), until completely set. (Do not try to remove the cake from the pan before chilling.)
In a double boiler on the stove, melt the chocolate chips.
Top the peanut butter cheesecake with chopped peanut butter cups. Drizzle with melted chocolate (you can use a spoon, or to be more precise, drizzle from a pastry bag).
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 entire recipe)
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Shop Wholesome Yum Keto Ingredients
Find more Wholesome Yum ingredients for your recipes on Amazon!