This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Since this homemade keto whipped cream recipe is ready in just two minutes, there’s no reason to not make your own! The process for making sugar-free whipped cream is not much different from making the regular kind — it takes a few basic ingredients and whips up light and fluffy. You’ll put it on everything, from low carb fruit to ice cream (and more ideas below).
The main difference in this sugar-free whipped cream recipe? The sweetener! Instead of powdered sugar, this recipe uses Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend. Since it measures and tastes just like powdered sugar (but with 0g net carbs), it’s a natural keto-friendly choice for making whipped cream keto. Plus, unlike other brands, it dissolves easily, for a super smooth result.
Is There Sugar-Free Whipped Cream?
Yes, sugar-free whipped cream is a thing! While you can buy it at the store, the canned kind has artificial sweeteners and preservatives. Since it only takes a couple of minutes and uses natural ingredients, making this homemade sugar-free whipped cream recipe is a much better option (much like sugar-free sweetened condensed milk)!
Is Whipped Cream Keto Friendly?
Regular whipped cream is not keto, as it’s basically all sugar. But, this homemade keto whipped cream recipe is keto and low carb — and it tastes better, too!
Wondering about sugar-free whipped cream carbs? Each serving (about 2 tablespoons) has just 0.4g net carbs per serving.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Whipped Cream Recipe
- Light, sweet flavor
- Fluffy, creamy texture
- Just 3 ingredients
- Ready in 2 minutes
- 0.4 grams net carbs per serving
- Tastes fresher than canned whipped cream — and just as fast!
Low Carb Whipped Cream Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for homemade sugar-free whipped cream, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – This powdered sweetener dissolves perfectly into the cream. You can use other powdered sugar substitutes, but other brands won’t dissolve as well. I don’t recommend sugar-free sweeteners that contain granulated erythritol (which includes most brands of monk fruit and stevia, or erythritol-based sweeteners like Swerve) for this recipe, as they will crystallize and not mix fully.
TIP: Have some regular crystallized Besti on hand? It should work for whipped cream as well, just be sure to beat until it dissolves completely. Other granulated sweeteners won’t dissolve like this, so if you’re not using Besti, only powdered will work.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Need to cream for whipped cream! Coconut cream should also work if you need a dairy-free option.
- Vanilla Extract – A classic ingredient in whipped cream that adds depth of flavor.
TIP: It’s easy to scale as needed. This recipe uses 3 tablespoons of Besti for 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, which is equivalent to 2 tablespoons of Besti for each cup of cream. The volume of your finished whipped cream will be double, so this recipe makes 3 cups of whipped cream.
How To Make Keto Whipped Cream
This section shows how to make sugar-free whipped cream, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Combine ingredients. Add heavy cream, powdered Besti, and vanilla to a chilled mixing bowl.
- Beat. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. (I prefer a whisk attachment, but technically beaters will also work.)
TIP: Avoid overmixing. The cream will start turning to butter!
Tips For The Best Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
This recipe comes together easily, but keep these tips in mind to make sure your whipped cream is perfect every time.
- Keep everything chilled. From your bowl to your ingredients, chilling will prevent your cream from overheating and not incorporating enough air.
- Use a whisk attachment if possible. Beaters will work, but a whisk attachment will make whipped cream more quickly.
- Scrape the bowl. This step ensures all the cream gets whipped, instead of incorporating runny cream into the final product.
- Don’t overmix. Otherwise, the cream will turn to butter! Stay with your bowl while it mixes so you can keep an eye on its progress.
Vanilla whipped cream tastes wonderful on its own — but try changing it up with these variations!
- Add flavor extracts – Replace vanilla with a different extract, starting with 1/4 teaspoon poured into the bowl before mixing. Try peppermint, maple (and/or a tablespoon of Keto Maple Syrup), or almond extracts!
- Mix in spices – Try 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or your favorite aromatic spices), or 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder. Sprinkle them in as the cream mixes in the bowl.
- Add chocolate – Make chocolate whipped cream by adding 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder with the other ingredients before mixing.
Keto whipped cream tastes best when prepared shortly before serving, but you can take steps to make it ahead.
- Store: Keep covered in the refrigerator in an airtight container, and whip briefly again before serving if it has started to run.
- Freeze: Dollop or pipe mounds of whipped cream onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until solid, then transfer to a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving (or add over keto hot chocolate while frozen!).
What To Serve With Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
It tastes perfect straight off a spoon, or as a garnish on your favorite keto desserts! Try it with these dishes:
- Fresh Keto Fruits – Try whipped cream dolloped onto strawberries, raspberries, or other keto friendly fruits.
- Pudding & Mousse – Scoop it onto keto chocolate mousse, chocolate pudding, or a berry ricotta dessert.
- Cake & Pies – Whipped cream tastes perfect on keto pound cake, chocolate cake, or apple pie.
- Hot & Cold Drinks – Swirl whipped cream onto keto hot chocolate, vanilla milkshakes, or iced coffee.
Sugar-Free Whipped Cream Recipe
Sugar-Free Keto Whipped Cream (2 Min!)
This sweet, fluffy, keto whipped cream recipe takes just 2 minutes! Learn how to make basic sugar-free whipped cream, plus flavor variations.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
This keto whipped cream recipe makes 3 cups.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂