This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
This healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe is the perfect way to celebrate fall! With rich spices and naturally creamy texture, this pumpkin pie smoothie takes all the best parts of an iconic dessert and transforms them into a satisfying drink you can enjoy every day. If you like a healthy pumpkin spice latte (or pumpkin recipes in general!), you’ll love this chilled smoothie, too.
The smoothies I enjoy best have a sweet and creamy element that gives them an extra kick of flavor. For this pumpkin banana smoothie, I love using ChocZero Sugar-Free White Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. It adds a rich, nutty depth and thickness to every sip without any sugar or irritating sugar alcohols — making it perfect for fall drinks and desserts alike!
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM for 10% off, just for my readers!)
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Sweet, spiced taste
- Thick and creamy texture
- Ready in 2 minutes, with easy ingredients
- Naturally gluten-free
- Rich in antioxidants like vitamin A and vitamin C
- All the flavor of pumpkin pie filling in a fraction of time
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for pumpkin smoothies, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Pumpkin Puree – Use pure pumpkin puree from a can, not canned pumpkin pie filling (which contains added sugar and other fillers).
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – A seasonal blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice. Although you can get it store-bought, homemade pumpkin pie spice tastes a lot better.
- Banana – Many healthy pumpkin smoothie recipes use a frozen banana to make them creamy, thick, and sweet with no added sugar. If you need to make this a low carb pumpkin pie smoothie with no banana (or avoid carbs in banana in general), simply omit the fruit. You can add a sugar substitute to taste if you want it sweeter.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free White Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – With the consistency of peanut butter but the flavor of white chocolate and hazelnut, this adds sweetness and takes the smoothie to the next level. (It also tastes amazing in fruit dip!)
- Greek Yogurt – Adds creaminess and boosts the protein in the smoothie. For a reduced dairy option, try it with homemade coconut yogurt instead. Although I used a plain variety, vanilla yogurt easily works as well.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – You can use store-bought or homemade almond milk, just make sure it’s unsweetened. If you prefer a different non-dairy milk, you can use that too — oat milk, coconut milk, or hemp milk would make delicious options.
- Vanilla Extract – Use a high-quality vanilla extract for best flavor. Almond extract would also work well.
How To Make Pumpkin Smoothies
This section shows how to make a pumpkin smoothie healthy, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Combine. Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, banana (if using), sugar-free white chocolate hazelnut spread, yogurt, milk, and vanilla to a high-powered blender.
- Blend. Blitz the pumpkin pie smoothie until creamy.
- Add toppings – A sprinkle of oats, chopped nuts, or a swirl of sugar-free whipped cream (shown in the photos here, along with a sprinkle of cinnamon!) would make delicious and simple garnishes.
- Trade the protein – Although Greek yogurt makes a creamy protein source in this smoothie, you can swap it (or add to it) with a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- Make it sweeter – If you omit the banana, you can easily add in other elements to give this smoothie sweetness. I love it with a teaspoon or two of sugar-free maple syrup!
- Store: Keep your pumpkin spice smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Meal prep: Blend the entire smoothie and refrigerate or freeze until ready to enjoy.
- Freeze: Pour leftovers into an ice cube tray, freezer-safe bag, or mason jar with a lid (leaving at least 1 inch of space from the top). Freeze until solid. Thaw overnight before serving, and shake or stir (or blend) if separation occurs.
More Healthy Fall Recipes
If you like this pumpkin spice smoothie recipe, cozy up with these other fall dishes and drinks next time:
Tools To Make Pumpkin Pie Smoothies
- ChocZero Sugar-Free White Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – An amazingly versatile spread for smoothies, desserts, and dips, with no sugar whatsoever.
- Blender – This high powered one makes it easy to whip up a pumpkin protein smoothie in minutes.
- Smoothie Straws – These ones are glass and made in the USA. Easy to clean, too!
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
Pumpkin Smoothie (Easy & Healthy!)
This healthy, creamy pumpkin smoothie recipe packs fall flavor into every sip! Make a pumpkin pie smoothie with just 2 minutes prep.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Puree until smooth.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂