This easy, cheesy broccoli casserole recipe takes just 15 minutes! Make it with 6 simple ingredients like broccoli, garlic, broth and cheddar.
The Best Low Carb Casseroles
Keto casseroles are the ultimate comfort food! Low carb casseroles make a perfect weeknight meal and you can avoid cooking multiple dishes for dinner. If you’re following a keto diet but have family members who are not, a casserole is a great dish that everyone will enjoy.
Why You’ll Love Making Low Carb Casserole Recipes
- Simple to make
- Easy to customize to your taste with different keto vegetables, meats, and spices
- Great for meal prep ahead (just pop in the oven to bake when ready)
- Freezer friendly (see all the other low carb freezer meals here!)
- Family friendly
- Tasty recipes as leftovers
- Low in carbohydrates (all less than 10g net carbs, many under 5g) and high in nutrition
- Convenient one-dish meals – Nothing else is required, but serve them with a low carb salad if you like
So, I’ve compiled all the best low carb casseroles for you! You’ll find recipes for dinner meals, for side dishes, and even for breakfast… all full of flavor. For a collection of the most popular ones, browse my 15 best keto casserole recipes here. Otherwise, check out the popular and latest recipes below.
Most Popular Keto Casseroles
If you can’t decide which easy low carb casseroles to make first, these are the ones readers keep coming back to:
This pepperoni pizza casserole recipe is an easy dinner in one dish, featuring tomato sauce, melty cheese & zesty pepperoni. 10 minutes prep!
The whole family will love cheesy chicken bacon ranch casserole! This fast, easy low carb chicken casserole needs just 7 common ingredients.
Everyone loves this keto Mexican ground beef casserole recipe! Make it with simple ingredients and pile it high with toppings.
The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Carboholics’ Cookbook
100 Low Carb Comfort Food Recipes. 10 Ingredients Or Less.
Inside this beautiful hard cover keto recipe book, you’ll find 100 delectable, EASY keto recipes to replace all your favorite carbs: bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, desserts, and more… each with 10 ingredients or less! It includes a whole section of low carb casserole dishes, too.Order Now
How To Build Your Own Low Carb Casseroles
Once you’ve made a few of these low carb casserole dishes, you’ll see how easy it is to create your own custom ones! Here are some ideas for what to put in them:
- Meats – Ground beef and shredded chicken are the most popular, but you can branch out to other proteins, like ground or shredded turkey, sausage (sliced or ground), diced ham, or even seafood. Cook your meats before adding them to low carb casseroles. If you have leftover meat, throwing it into a low carb casserole recipe is a great way to use it up!
- Vegetables – Most keto vegetables can be added to casseroles. The most popular ones are cauliflower rice, tomatoes (omit the watery seedy parts), bell peppers, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, and garlic. Like the meats, you’ll want to cook them first, so that your dish doesn’t come out watery. Avoid starchy veggies, such as potatoes, corn, or beans.
- Sauce – The type of sauce you need depends on the flavor profile you are going for. Common sauces include tomato sauce or marinara, alfredo sauce, pesto sauce, or individual ingredients, like sour cream, mustard, and/or mayonnaise.
- Cheese – These are great for topping, but you can also add them inside the casserole. Mozzarella or cheddar cheese are the most common, but all kinds of cheeses from the keto cheese list work, depending on the other flavors in your dish.
- Seasonings – Salt and pepper are the only basics you need, but other seasonings can work well. A great shortcut is to use a pre-made blend, or a homemade one made ahead, like taco seasoning or Italian seasoning.
You can experiment with the best ratios for your low carb casserole mixture, but I have a great starting point for ratios in my customizable chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe.
Low Carb Lasagna Recipes
Lasagna is one of the most popular types of low carb casserole that people look for, so I thought it needed its own section! Try them all, whether you add veggies, a keto version of keto egg noodles, or even no noodles at all for the layers.