Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
- Why You’ll Love This Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How To Cut Cauliflower For Roasting
- How To Roast Cauliflower In The Oven
- How Long To Roast Cauliflower?
- Seasoning Variations
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- More Roasted Cauliflower Recipes
- Tools For Roasting Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe (So Easy!)
Getting bored of the same cauliflower recipes? Try roasting it in the oven! Not only is this oven roasted cauliflower recipe easy to follow, there are also plenty of seasoning variations so you can tailor it to your own unique taste. We make different versions of this almost every week!
When you roast cauliflower, it brings out its sweet, nutty flavor, and it gets golden and caramelized edges similar to roasted potatoes, roasted broccoli, or roasted romanesco. You probably have everything you need to make it right now!
Why You’ll Love This Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Golden and caramelized, with crispy edges
- Perfect crisp tender vegetables
- Savory, lightly sweet flavor
- Only 3 ingredients, plus salt and pepper — and endless ways to customize!
- Quick 5-minute prep time
- Naturally gluten-free, healthy, low carb, and keto friendly
- Perfect as a veggie side dish or as the main course of a vegetarian meal
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for roasting cauliflower, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Cauliflower – You can either cut a whole cauliflower head or you can use pre-cut cauliflower florets. The same method also works for roasted broccoli, romanesco, or broccoli and cauliflower together. You could also use the seasonings for cauliflower steaks as well.
- Olive Oil – Adds flavor, helps the seasonings stick, and promotes caramelization. Avocado oil would work as well.
- Seasoning – Sprinkle cauliflower florets with garlic powder (optional), sea salt, and black pepper for a delicious savory flavor. See more seasoning ideas below!
How To Cut Cauliflower For Roasting
Here is the easiest method for cutting cauliflower into florets. You don’t even have to remove the leaves and stems — they will come off when you cut away the core.
- Quarter. Cut the cauliflower into 4 wedges.
- Remove the core. Cut away the core from each quarter.
- Chop. Cut into florets. Medium florets, about 1.5 inches in diameter and 1.5 to 2 inches long, are ideal for roasting cauliflower.
How To Roast Cauliflower In The Oven
This section shows how to make oven roasted cauliflower, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Preheat the oven. Cut cauliflower head into florets as shown above.
- Season. Place cauliflower in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic powder (if using), salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange. Place cauliflower in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. If you want to line it, I recommend using foil rather than parchment paper, because parchment paper will reduce browning. You’ll want to coat the pan lightly in oil if it’s not a great non-stick surface.
TIP: Don’t crowd the pan.
Each floret should be touching the pan, so make sure your pan is large enough. This will ensure even cooking, best texture, and caramelization.
- Roast. Bake cauliflower in the oven, tossing halfway through, until tender and browned on the edges. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
How Long To Roast Cauliflower?
Roast cauliflower in the oven at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Keep in mind that time will vary depending on the size of the cauliflower florets.
- Lemon, Garlic, & Paprika – Prepare the same seasoning mix used for air fryer cauliflower: Add 3/4 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika, 2 teaspoon lemon juice (or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon zest), and include the optional 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder from the recipe below.
- Italian Seasoning – Add 1/2 teaspoon of store-bought or homemade Italian seasoning.
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower With Parmesan – Prepare the same seasoning sauce used for whole roasted cauliflower: In a small bowl, combine 3 cloves crushed garlic, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Drizzle the sauce over florets before roasting.
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower – If you want spicy roasted cauliflower, you can use the same flavor combination as my buffalo cauliflower recipe. Follow the instructions above. Then, heat 1/2 cup buffalo sauce and 1/4 cup unsalted butter together. Toss cauliflower in the buffalo sauce to coat.
- Curry Spiced – Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Chili Lime – Mix 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder together. Sprinkle seasoning mix on cauliflower florets and roast. Finally, garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Mexican – Use 1/2 teaspoon store-bought or homemade taco seasoning in place of garlic powder to give this cauliflower a Mexican twist for meatless tacos.
- Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Warm roasted cauliflower in the oven at 350 degrees F, until warm. The microwave works in a pinch, but the texture is best with the oven method.
- Freeze: Let cauliflower cool completely, then store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Freezing cauliflower raw is not recommended, so you’d have to blanch it if you want to freeze before roasting.
What To Serve With Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Oven roasted cauliflower is a great healthy side dish that can pair with just about anything! Try it with these easy main dishes:
- Beef – Cauliflower pairs perfectly with steaks, like sirloin steak, filet mignon, ribeye, or New York strip. For special meals, beef short ribs, roasted beef tenderloin, or a sirloin tip roast recipe make great options.
- Chicken – Keep it simple with baked chicken legs, or make air fryer chicken breast while roasting cauliflower in the oven. If you like chicken recipes with sauce, try chicken cacciatore, garlic butter chicken, or creamy mushroom chicken.
- Pork – Pair oven roasted cauliflower with pan seared pork chops, stuffed pork chops, a pork steak recipe, or pork tenderloin without breaking the bank.
- Seafood – Make baked cod or baked salmon for weeknight meals — or make sea bass, lobster tails, or halibut for special occasions.
- Lamb – Even lamb chops, boneless lamb leg, and braised lamb shanks would pair beautifully with cauliflower.
- Sauces – Roasted cauliflower recipes are already flavorful as is, but sometimes I like to dip it in garlic aioli, pesto sauce, spicy mayo, or marinara.
- Soup – Use your roasted cauliflower to make a delicious cauliflower soup or a cauliflower cheddar soup.
More Roasted Cauliflower Recipes
I love roasting cauliflower for dinner! It’s so easy to prep and the flavor options are endless. Here are some other reader favorite roasted cauliflower recipes:
Tools For Roasting Cauliflower
- Sheet Pan – I recommend using a corrugated non-stick sheet pan like this one for even cooking.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe (So Easy!)
This easy oven roasted cauliflower recipe is tender & caramelized! Learn how to roast cauliflower perfectly with olive oil + simple seasoning.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic powder (if using), salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a large baking sheet. (Do not crowd the pan – each floret should be touching the pan.) You can use a non-stick sheet pan like this, or line any type of sheet pan with foil and coat lightly in oil to prevent sticking.
Roast cauliflower in the oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until browned on the edges. (Cook time is for florets about 1 inch in diameter and 1.5-2 inches long; it will vary with larger or smaller florets.)
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂