FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Roasted Vegetables
- Best Vegetables To Roast
- Which Keto Roasted Vegetables To Make Together?
- How Long To Roast Vegetables In The Oven?
- Are Roasted Vegetables Keto?
- Can You Make Balsamic Roasted Vegetables Ahead?
- What To Serve With Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Tools To Make Keto Roasted Vegetables
- Keto Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
This oven roasted vegetables recipe with balsamic vinegar is such as staple in our house, and so simple that I almost forgot to share it. If you follow along with me here on Wholesome Yum, you know that I’m a big believer that simple is best… and that everyone needs easy vegetable recipes in their arsenal. So today, I’m sharing my favorite method ever for how to roast vegetables. Not only are they absolutely delicious, but they are also easy as can be. And, this technique works for any kind of vegetables you like! I’ll show you how to make keto roasted vegetables, the best vegetables to roast, and all of my tips for the best balsamic roasted vegetables.
This oven roasted vegetables recipe will get you and your family eating more veggies. Yay for that! And, part of the reason that balsamic roasted veggies are so popular is because they are SO easy!
If you like easy veggie recipes where you can use whatever you have on hand, you’ll want to keep stir fry vegetables on rotation as well.
How To Make Roasted Vegetables
Once you know how to roast vegetables, you’ll make them all the time.
Let me show you how to roast veggies, and I’ll share my best tips along the way, so that your keto roasted vegetables turn out perfect each and every time.
- Preheat the oven. This step is obvious, but worth pointing out because it’s important! The key to the best oven roasted vegetables? A hot, hot oven!
- Mix up the balsamic oil. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Chop your veggies and toss them with balsamic oil. Drizzle the balsamic oil over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
TIP #1: It’s important to cut your vegetables into uniform-sized pieces, so that they cook evenly.
TIP #2: If you have any veggies that usually have a longer cook time than others you’re pairing them with, cut those into smaller pieces so that they cook faster. In this case, I picked veggies that all cook at a similar rate, so I cut them into pieces of about the same size.
- Arrange vegetables in pan. Place the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
TIP #3: Do not overcrowd the pan! This is an important step to the best baked vegetables. Make sure each vegetable piece is touching the pan.
TIP #4: Use either a foil lined pan, or if you don’t like using foil, just a greased baking sheet. I don’t recommend parchment paper, which tends to get soggy and produces less browned roasted vegetables.
- Roast the vegetables. They are done when they have shrunk and turn brown. The browning is what makes them taste so good. Want to see your family devour a pan of veggies? Put these balsamic vegetables in front of them.
Best Vegetables To Roast
Deciding the best vegetables to roast doesn’t have to be complicated! My favorite low carb vegetables to roast include broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, celery root, and radishes.
I have a detailed bulleted list for you below, so you’ll know exactly how long to roast vegetables of all kinds.
Which Keto Roasted Vegetables To Make Together?
Choosing the best vegetables to roast is important, but it’s just as important to choose ones that will go well together. Don’t just pick a bunch and hope for the best!
The key to roasting mixed vegetables is to choose ones that cook at a similar speed.
How do you know that? The primary factors are the hardness of the vegetables and the water content. In particular, root vegetables take longer to roast than others, but most of these are higher in carbs as well.
My oven roasted vegetables recipe combines veggies that take about the same amount of time to cook, so they work perfectly together.
How Long To Roast Vegetables In The Oven?
The keto oven roasted vegetables I picked for this recipe – broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, bell peppers, and red onions – will take about 30 minutes in the oven.
Here is a guide for approximately how long to roast vegetables at 400 degrees or 425 degrees (the times are pretty similar):
- Asparagus – 12-20 minutes. Notice asparagus takes less time than most veggies, so often is better on its own. Here’s a basic roasted asparagus recipe.
- Bell peppers – 20-35 minutes. You can roast peppers until they are just crisp tender, or for longer to make them soft and sweet.
- Bok choy – 15-20 minutes. Try garlic roasted bok choy like this.
- Broccoli – 25-30 minutes. It’s a must for my balsamic roasted veggies recipe, or you can pair it with cauliflower for parmesan broccoli and cauliflower.
- Brussels sprouts – 30-45 minutes. The time will vary widely depending on the size of your sprouts. Here’s an easy roasted Brussels sprouts recipe.
- Butternut squash – 40-45 minutes for cubes. This is a bit higher in carbs so not suitable on its own for keto, but fine for low carb. Here’s a garlic roasted butternut squash recipe.
- Cabbage – 30-35 minutes. Cabbage takes longer to roast, but it’s worth the wait to get the edges caramelized. My favorite way to make it is cabbage steaks.
- Cauliflower – 25-30 minutes for florets. You can also make whole roasted cauliflower or garlic roasted cauliflower.
- Celery root, rutabagas & jicama – 35-45 minutes. These are all great potato replacements for keto French fries.
- Cherry tomatoes – 15-25 minutes. This will vary a bit depending on their size, but the good news is it’s tough to overcook them.
- Eggplant – 30-35 minutes. Here’s how to roast eggplant slices.
- Green beans – 20-25 minutes. I have a recipe for these coming soon!
- Mushrooms – 25-30 minutes. You can throw them in with the recipe below, or make balsamic roasted mushrooms separately.
- Radishes – 30-40 minutes. Try this crispy roasted radishes recipe!
- Red or white onion – 25-35 minutes. Most people wouldn’t roast onions on their own, but they pair well with other veggies. I love including them with my balsamic vegetables!
- Zucchini – 15-30 minutes. Zucchini has a wide range depending on how soft you want it and the size. You can roast it for a longer time like you do in this balsamic roasted vegetables recipe (below), or pair it with quick-roasting veggies, such as in these salmon foil packets.
These are estimates based on veggies cut into large pieces, as shown above. Larger pieces will take longer, and smaller pieces will be less time.
TIP: You can combine ones that have a similar cook time, OR cut the ones that have a longer cook time into smaller pieces.
Are Roasted Vegetables Keto?
Yes, oven roasted vegetables are keto diet approved, as long as you use low carb vegetables. Many roasted vegetables recipes feature lots of root vegetables, which are often times a little too high in carbohydrates to be keto.
This low carb roasted vegetables recipe utilizes the best vegetables to roast… all keto and low carb options!
It has just 8 grams net carbs for generous 1-cup serving.
But you don’t have to be keto to enjoy these simple roasted veggies. Everyone will love them!
Can You Make Balsamic Roasted Vegetables Ahead?
Yes, you can make these keto friendly roasted vegetables ahead of time. Keto roasted veggies are just as delicious when they are re-heated, so roast them up and eat them throughout the week.
I love them warm, but they are also delicious served up cold or at room temperature. Try them on a cold roast vegetable salad for a veggie-filled meal, or just serve them up with your favorite protein for an easy lunch or dinner.
What To Serve With Oven Roasted Vegetables
Once you know how to roast vegetables, you just need to decide what to serve them with! There are so many great protein options – chicken, beef, seafood… these roasted vegetables with balsamic vinegar pair with just about anything. Here are some of my favorite keto low carb dinner recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – You can make these at the same time, while the veggies are cooking.
- Baked Coconut Shrimp – Learn how to roast vegetables, then throw some coconut shrimp in the oven to serve with them.
- Oven Baked Chicken Thighs – Doesn’t get any simpler than chicken and vegetables, right?
- Lamb Kofta – These skewers need a veggie side and this oven roasted vegetables recipe is a great option.
- Sirloin Steak – Balsamic roasted vegetables pair perfectly with this balsamic steak marinade!
Tools To Make Keto Roasted Vegetables
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Bowls – A large glass bowl makes tossing together the balsamic roasted vegetables easy! This is a set with every size bowl you’ll need.
- Nonstick Baking Sheet Pan – You’ll want the largest baking sheet for this easy oven roasted vegetables recipe.
- Glass Storage Containers – Perfect for saving leftovers, or for meal prepping this oven roasted vegetables recipe.
Keto Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
The ultimate guide for how to roast vegetables, including the best vegetables to roast (with oven times) and a super EASY oven roasted vegetables recipe. Keto roasted vegetables take just 10 minutes to prep.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line an extra-large baking sheet with foil, if desired.
Combine the vegetables in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the vegetables.
Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, making sure each piece is touching the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan - use multiple pans if needed.
Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 30 minutes, until they are golden brown.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Want to try different veggies? Get the full keto vegetables list!
Video Showing How To Make Keto Oven Roasted Vegetables:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Oven Roasted Vegetables!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂