This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Ready to learn how to roast a whole cauliflower head?! This whole roasted cauliflower recipe is a show-stopper, whether you’re a meat eater and having it as a side dish, or it’s the main course of a vegetarian meal. My whole roasted cauliflower with parmesan is flavorful, cooked perfectly, and tastes delicious! Whole baked cauliflower is drizzled with a garlic parmesan sauce, perfectly cooked, and sliced into circles or wedges for serving.
It sounds fancy, but I promise it’s easy! Garlic parmesan roasted cauliflower takes just 10 minutes of active time and the rest of the cooking time is done in the oven – no work needed. It’s really the best roasted cauliflower head and I can’t wait for you to try it out!
How To Roast A Whole Cauliflower Head
This oven roasted whole cauliflower recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep, and the rest is hands-off!
Here are the 6 easy steps for how to roast a whole cauliflower head:
- Prep the cauliflower. Rinse and pat dry. Remove the outer leaves and cut off the bottom so that it’s flat.
TIP: Cut off the woody center of the bottom stalk, but be careful to not cut too much off, as cooking whole cauliflower requires the head to stay in tact. It should look like this on the bottom:
- Make the garlic Parmesan sauce. Stir together olive oil, garlic, Parmesan, basil, parsley, thyme, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Season the cauliflower. Start with the cauliflower head upside down (core side up) in a dutch oven – this one is the perfect size dutch oven for whole roasted cauliflower. Drizzle 1/2 the sauce over the top of it and let it drip down the core.
- Season the top. Flip cauliflower over and drizzle with remaining sauce. Use a basting brush to spread it all over.
- Bake cauliflower in the oven whole. Cover the dutch oven with lid and bake until the cauliflower is tender and pierces easily with a knife.
- Broil whole roasted cauliflower with parmesan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and broil until the cheese is browned. If you like, sprinkle with fresh parsley for garnish, and/or even additional parmesan.
How Long To Roast Cauliflower
For a whole roasted cauliflower recipe, roast it 35 to 45 minutes covered, followed by a few minutes under the broiler.
If you want to know how to make roasted cauliflower in the form of florets instead of roasting a whole cauliflower head, try a roasted cauliflower florets recipe instead. This will require much less time in the oven, but a bit more prep time.
How To Serve Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan
The hardest part of this garlic parmesan roasted cauliflower? Serving it! But don’t worry, I’m here to help. 😉
Here is how to serve whole roasted cauliflower:
- Carefully lift the full roasted cauliflower out of the dutch oven and onto a cutting board. I usually use two large forks and lift from underneath.
- Using a fork to hold the whole baked cauliflower with one hand, carefully cut the cauliflower. You can slice the cauliflower into “steaks” (large circles) or cut it into thin wedges, kind of like a pie. I prefer wedges, but it’s up to you!
Can You Make This Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe Ahead?
This recipe for oven roasted whole cauliflower is best fresh, but you can prep parts of it.
Wash and prep the head of cauliflower and mix up the garlic parmesan sauce. When you’re ready to cook the whole roast cauliflower, simply drizzle and brush with sauce, then bake.
Alternatively, you can also bake the whole roasted cauliflower with parmesan and reheat when you’re ready to eat it.
How To Freeze Whole Baked Cauliflower
This whole roasted cauliflower recipe can be frozen after baking. Simply cut it into slices or pieces, let it cool completely, and store in an airtight container.
Reheat until hot in the oven or microwave. (You might want to add some fresh parmesan and parsley on top!)
What To Serve With Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Whole baked cauliflower recipes can be the star or main entree of a vegetarian meal, but cooking whole cauliflower also makes the perfect side dish to your favorite protein. Try out some of these main entrees:
- Sirloin Steak In The Oven – The best way to cook steak, this sirloin steak has a delicious balsamic steak marinade and is delicious with easy roasted cauliflower head.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore – You’ll love this flavorful chicken recipe, made easy in the slow cooker.
- Keto Low Carb Pot Roast – Traditionally served with potatoes, whole baked cauliflower is the perfect low carb side.
- Crock Pot Tuscan Garlic Chicken – All this tasty chicken recipe needs is a baked cauliflower head on the side.
Tools To Make Whole Roasted Cauliflower:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Paring Knife – Wondering how to roast a whole cauliflower head? Start with the prep – a paring knife makes it easier to cut the woody stalk while keeping the head intact.
- 6 Quart Enameled Dutch Oven – Cook the roasted garlic parmesan cauliflower recipe in a dutch oven for the ultimate tender-crisp texture. This one is the perfect size to hold a head of cauliflower.
- Porcelain Serving Platter – Put your cauliflower whole roasted recipe on display on a white porcelain serving platter.
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe - Parmesan & Garlic
Learn how to roast a whole cauliflower head, with just 10 minutes prep and 5g net carbs! This whole roasted cauliflower recipe with parmesan and garlic looks good on any table. Whole baked cauliflower can be a vegetarian main dish or a healthy low carb side dish.
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Rinse the cauliflower head and pat dry. Remove the outer leaves. Carefully cut off the bottom so that it's flat and most of the woody stem is removed, being careful not to cut off so much that it falls apart. Be sure the head stays intact.
In a small bowl, make the garlic Parmesan sauce. Stir together the olive oil, minced garlic, 2 tablespoons (28.3 grams) grated Parmesan (half of the total amount), basil, parsley, thyme, sea salt, and black pepper.
Place the trimmed cauliflower head upside down (core side up) onto a 6-quart (5.6 liters) dutch oven. Drizzle 1/2 of the sauce over the cauliflower, tilting it to let it drip down the core and all around. Flip over and drizzle the remaining sauce over the top. Use a pastry brush to brush on any that had dripped down to the pan or didn't spread well.
Cover the dutch oven with a lid and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and pierces easily with a skewer, knife or fork.
Remove the lid. Sprinkle the top of the cauliflower with the remaining 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese. Place the cauliflower under the broiler and broil for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is browned.
Serving size: 1/4 head of cauliflower
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!