This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You know what you need to know how to do? You need to know how how to make tahini sauce. Why? It’s delicious, it’s versatile, and I think you’re going to want to put this tahini dressing recipe on just about everything! (Keep reading for all of the ways to use it!)
As you might be able to guess, garlic tahini sauce has lots of good garlic flavor that’s balanced by bright lemon juice. I created this lemon tahini sauce recipe as a dressing for my cucumber noodles, but discovered that it’s also fantastic used as a dip for veggies or grilled chicken bites, and even drizzled over roasted veggies. (Cauliflower and broccoli are favorites!)
While it has great Mediterranean flavor, it’s also pretty neutral (it’s similar to hummus!) which means you won’t run out of ways to enjoy it. I can assure you of that.
And while you can eat it a multitude of ways, it’s also got a lot else going for it. It’s flavorful, EASY, and of course, requires less than 10 ingredients (6 in this case!). Whenever your craving for this lemon tahini dressing might strike – know that you can make it in just 5 minutes! Even more of a reason to put it on anything and everything, don’t you think?
How To Make Tahini Sauce
This tahini lemon sauce is EASY! Grab the ingredients – that you probably already have in your pantry – and your blender. It’s all you need to whip up this tahini sauce.
- Combine garlic tahini sauce ingredients in a blender: tahini, garlic, olive oil, water, lemon juice, cumin, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper into the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add water if needed to thin it out to a dressing consistency.
- Eat it! Drizzle over low carb noodles or roasted vegetables, use as a dip for veggies, or make it a sauce for grilled meat. The possibilities are endless!
TIP: Leave tahini sauce thicker if you plan on using it as a dip, and add water to thin it out if you are going to use it as a dressing or sauce.
Tahini Sauce Ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
What Is Tahini Sauce?
Tahini sauce is a flavorful sauce made with tahini as the base. Tahini is a condiment made from toasted and ground sesame seeds – similar to a nut butter, but made from sesame seeds instead of nuts.
What Does Tahini Sauce Taste Like?
Tahini sauce has a nutty and toasty flavor that compliments the garlic, lemon, and spices. This garlic tahini sauce recipe is really creamy, but is actually dairy-free. The seasonings are similar to hummus, so if you love hummus, you’ll probably love this tahini sauce recipe.
This tahini sauce recipe is flavorful, yet neutral, so you can enjoy it many different ways and with many different foods. Aren’t you glad you know how to make tahini sauce?
Tahini Sauce Nutrition
Looking for healthy tahini sauce nutrition? Full nutrition stats can be found below in the recipe card, but here are the highlights per serving (3 tablespoons):
- 185 calories
- 4 grams carbohydrates
- 2 grams protein
How Long Does Tahini Dressing Last?
Tahini dressing will last 5-6 days in the refrigerator. If it thickens up, whisk or blend in some water to thin it down again.
Can You Make Lemon Tahini Sauce Ahead?
Yes, you can definitely make this lemon tahini sauce recipe ahead of time. It will last 5-6 days, so you can plan accordingly based on when you need it.
And if you end up eating it before you are supposed to, don’t worry, you can whip up another batch in less than 5 minutes. 😉
What To Serve With Garlic Tahini Sauce
Any Mediterranean dishes would go well with this tahini dressing recipe, and as I mentioned above, I also like to use it as a dressing for salads, as a dip for grilled chicken or veggies, and as a sauce for roasted veggies. Here are some favorite recipes to try:
- Cucumber Noodles – They were the original reason I made this sauce.
- Grilled Ground Lamb Kofta Kebab – It’s just as delicious with tahini sauce as it is with tzatziki sauce.
- Chopped Mediterranean Salad – Swap out the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette for this garlic tahini sauce!
- Juicy Burgers – Add some tahini sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and feta for a Greek burger.
Tools To Make Lemon Garlic Tahini Dressing
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – This is truly the best blender out there. I use this blender daily and it will make this tahini dressing recipe SO easy.
- Blendtec Twister Jar – I love using this blender attachment for this tahini dressing recipe and other dressing recipes as the blender can sometimes be too big for smaller volumes of food. Really helpful to have without needing a whole different appliance.
- Lemon Press – This citrus press makes squeezing lemons and limes easy and ensures that no juice is wasted.
- 8 oz. Glass Jars – Store your lemon tahini sauce in these glass jars in the refrigerator. It will last 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
Lemon Garlic Tahini Dressing Recipe
Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce + Dressing Recipe
See how to make tahini sauce in 5 minutes! This easy tahini dressing recipe needs just 6 ingredients. You'll put lemon garlic tahini sauce on everything!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Combine all remaining ingredients for the tahini sauce in a blender. Puree until smooth.
Check the consistency and add more water, a tablespoon at a time, if needed to thin out to a dressing consistency.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 3 tablespoons
Makes 3/4 cup.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂