This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’re going to love these loaded burger bowls! Lettuce and tomatoes are topped with burger classics – onions, cheese, and of course, the captivating burger sauce. Much like a big mac salad or big mac casserole, this keto burger in a bowl that has all of the flavors of a burger, without any of the carbs.
What Is A Burger Bowl?
A keto burger bowl is a burger served up over salad greens instead of in between a bun. We’ve taken the best part of burgers and served it up as a healthy salad!
Quick cheeseburger bowl recipe overview:
- What does a burger bowl taste like? This burger salad bowl tastes like a burger on salad, complete with toppings and an irresistable burger sauce.
- Is it easy to make? Yes! Chopping veggies is the hardest part. 😉
- How much time will I need? If you’re using frozen ground beef, be sure to thaw it ahead. Otherwise, it takes just 15 minutes.
Burger Bowl Ingredients
This section will explain how to choose ingredients for the best fully loaded burger bowls, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the burger bowl:
- Ground beef – You’ll want to use a ground beef that has a little fat to it for best flavor. I recommend an 80/20 blend.
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Leaf lettuce – Use green leaf for a great mix of dark and light green lettuce, otherwise you can also use romaine if you want it a little crunchier.
- Cherry tomatoes – Any color cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes will work.
- Red onions – I like red onion, but white onion also works if that’s what you prefer on your burger!
- Cheddar cheese – Cheddar tastes great in this salad, but you can go with any keto cheese you’d normally serve on a burger.
- Avocado – Be sure to pick a ripe avocado that isn’t mushy.
For the burger sauce:
- Mayonnaise – I like homemade avocado oil mayonnaise, but other varieties work too — just make sure it’s sugar-free.
- Sugar-free ketchup – I have a homemade sugar-free ketchup recipe here, or you can buy it here.
- Dill pickle juice – Use some from the pickle jar!
- Dijon mustard – You can use smooth or whole grain, or even a spicy one if you like a kick. Make it doesn’t have any added sugar.
- Sea salt & black pepper
How To Make Burger In A Bowl
This section will show you how to make hamburger bowls with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Brown ground beef. Cook beef in a skillet over high heat. Season with salt and pepper and break up with a spatula. Cook until beef is browned and moisture has evaporated.
- Mix burger sauce. Whisk together mayo, sugar-free ketchup, dill pickle juice, dijon mustard, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Assemble. Divide lettuce among 4 bowls and top with tomatoes, onions, and cheddar cheese. Top with ground beef and avocado, and drizzle with burger sauce.
Loaded Burger Bowls FAQs
Is burger in a bowl keto?
This healthy burger bowl is keto friendly, with just 5.6 grams net carbs per serving.
How many calories in a burger bowl?
Each serving of this low carb burger bowl has 624 calories. The full nutrition stats can be found below the recipe card.
How do you eat a healthy hamburger?
As a deconstructed burger! Skip the bun but save the flavor by serving the burgers over lettuce instead of in between bread.
Store leftover hamburger bowls in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Be sure to store everything separately so that you can reheat the beef without reheating the vegetables.
Reheat the ground beef in the microwave or a hot skillet.
More Keto Meals In A Bowl
If you like one bowl meals like these burger bowls, here are more ideas to try:
- Keto Ahi Poke Bowl – All the flavor you love about poke bowls, using cauliflower rice to make it low carb.
- Korean Ground Beef Bowl – You’ll love the (sugar-free) sweet and spicy sauce!
- Walking Taco Bowls – These are great for gatherings, because people can build their own, but also convenient for a quick lunch.
- Green Smoothie Bowl – Bright and sweet and creamy, you’ll love these for breakfast.
Tools To Make A Burger In A Bowl
- Skillet – This skillet gets used so much I rarely put it away! It’s great for everything from eggs to fish to ground beef.
- Meat Chopper – The best tool for cooking any and all ground meats. It effortlessly breaks up the meat while it’s cooking.
- Produce Keeper – Keep your lettuce and produce fresh with this produce keeper that extends the life of your veggies.
Easy Burger In A Bowl Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Burger In A Bowl (Easy & Keto!)
A keto burger in a bowl is an easy, quick way to enjoy burgers without the carbs. These loaded burger bowls are ready in 15 minutes and brimming with toppings.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Meanwhile, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
Divide the leave lettuce among 4 bowls. Top with tomatoes, onions, and cheddar.
When the beef is cooked, add it to the bowls, along with fanned avocado slices.
Drizzle burger bowls with burger sauce.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 bowl, or 1/4 of entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂