The best omelette recipe — super fluffy and so easy! Learn how to make an omelette with 10 different filling ideas, in just 15 minutes.
Easy Healthy Breakfast Ideas & Recipes
Many people consider breakfast to be the most important meal of the day — and these easy healthy breakfast ideas will please the whole family! The key to doing this meal the healthy way is making sure you get a good source of protein, instead of a big dose of sugar. Let me show you lots of healthy breakfast recipes to do just that. I’ll also give you a list of basic breakfast foods and options, so you can make a healthy decision even when you’re in a rush.
This page focuses on general healthy recipes, but you can find specfically keto breakfast recipes here. They include pancakes, waffles, blueberry muffins, keto banana bread, grain-free cereals, and other sugar-free baked goods.
Healthy Breakfast Foods
Not sure where to start? I have lots of healthy breakfast recipes below, but you don’t need a full recipe to start your day on a healthy note. Below are some basic ideas for breakfast foods and ingredients that require very minimal prep.
- Eggs – By far the most popular of all the healthy breakfast options! They are packed with protein, healthy fats, vitamins D and B12, and iodine. And who doesn’t like eggs?!
- Vegetables – Don’t forget your veggies! Cooked spinach, bell peppers, or zucchini are great for stuffing into omelettes or egg muffins. You can also keep it simple by enjoying a fresh tomato or cucumber alongside your healthy breakfast meal.
- Unprocessed Meats – Many people think of bacon and sausage as unhealthy, but they are a great source of complete protein and can be healthy if you get quality pork without added sugars or artificial preservatives.
- Oatmeal – While I am personally grain-free and low carb, oatmeal is my kids’ favorite healthy breakfast. Oats contain antioxidants, fiber, and can help stabilize blood sugar, so it’s great for adults, too. If you need it, I do have a keto oatmeal option as well.
- Chia Pudding – All you really need is chia seeds and your favorite milk (such as almond milk, coconut milk, or just plain dairy milk if you tolerate it). However, I like to add a little Besti sweetener, collagen, and vanilla to mine. The beauty of chia pudding is it’s easy to make a big batch for meal prep (very quickly!) and the customization options are endless. Layer it with your favorite fruits, almond butter, or nuts.
- Yogurt – Another customizable and effortless healthy breakfast idea! I recommend unsweetened Greek yogurt, but regular is great, too. You can add cinnamon, fruit, or even chocolate chips (I recommend sugar-free chocolate chips for the healthier option).
- Avocado Toast – Simply mash some avocado with a little lime juice, salt, and pepper, and spread over your favorite bread. (I prefer to choose keto bread options, but use whatever fits your lifestyle.) Avocado toast is also great for topping with extra veggies, a fried egg, or even lox.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas With Eggs
Eggs are my favorite healthy breakfast! You can enjoy them in so many ways: soft or hard boiled, scrambled, in omelettes, coddled, or even in a breakfast sandwich.
Learn how to make coddled eggs in just 5 minutes — so easy! This simple coddled egg recipe has perfect yolks, plus endless add-in options.
Learn how to boil eggs perfectly, with time chart for perfect yolks! Get easy peel hard boiled eggs every time using this fast simple method.
Make fluffy cloud eggs in just 15 minutes! This easy recipe needs just eggs, salt, and pepper, or try 5 irresistable variations for add-ins.
A healthy breakfast smoothie is a great way to get some extra fruits and vegetables into the start of your day. The options below are packed with nutrients, not sugar. You can also turn any of these into a smoothie bowl and top them with chia seeds, almonds, fresh berries, nut butter, and/or granola.