FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
These easy roasted cauliflower parmesan steaks, or as I like to call them, cauliflower parm, make everyone want to eat more veggies! This simple cauliflower parmesan recipe comes together with just 8 basic ingredients and is a low carb, vegetarian twist on chicken parm.
When I received my friend, Erin’s, The Well Plated Cookbook, I immediately flipped through the pages looking for some low carb options – and this one instantly caught my eye! And since my readers are often asking for low carb vegetarian recipes that work as full meals, I was thrilled that she let me share it.
This book is truly a work of art, both in content and visually. Erin shared with me that each recipe in it was tested 6 times (!!) and the photos are absolutely stunning too (taken by my friend, Becky!), so I knew that her cauliflower parmesan recipe would be nothing short of fabulous. And it was.
While the book is not exclusively focused on any specific way of eating, it is based on simple, whole food ingredients and the theme is comfort food with a healthy twist. It’s a perfect everyday cookbook for the family. Get your copy here!
How To Cook Cauliflower Parmesan Steaks
This baked parm cauliflower takes just 20 minutes to prep. Let me show you exactly how we make it:
- Cut cauliflower into steaks. Cut the base off the head of cauliflower so that it forms a flat surface. Cut away the thick green stems. Stand the head up on the cut end, so that the floret is facing up, then slice downward into 1-inch-thick slices (these are called cauliflower steaks).
TIP: I actually start out with this method when I make regular garlic roasted cauliflower as well, to get more of those crispy, caramelized edges! If you haven’t sliced cauliflower this way before, you’re going to love it.
- Season. Add cauliflower steaks to a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then brush the mixture over both sides of the cauliflower.
- Bake. You’ll bake the cauliflower parm on one side first, then flip, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake again until golden brown.
- Top & broil. Top the cauliflower with marinara and mozzarella, then pop under the broiler. Sprinkle with basil ribbons on top.
Cauliflower Parmesan Recipe FAQs
Is roasted cauliflower parmesan healthy?
Yes, this cauliflower parm is healthy! Not only is it naturally vegetarian and grain-free, but it’s also light on carbs and calories… and packed with protein.
Is it gluten-free?
Yes, this cauliflower and parmesan recipe is gluten-free and grain-free, since there is no breading. This may vary if you use a different recipe.
What if my cauliflower falls apart when slicing?
Not a problem! It’s totally normal to have some stray florets. Just roast them alongside the steaks.
Does it need breading?
Nope! The roasted cauliflower will be just as delicious without, and best of all, it’s a lot less work. If you do like a breaded parm dish, try my keto chicken parmesan instead.
Cauliflower Parm Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
You can prep this parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe ahead by cutting the cauliflower and storing it in a container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make it. It’s best to roast it fresh right before serving, if possible.
How to store cauliflower steak parmesan
If you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Can you freeze roasted cauliflower parmesan?
You can freeze the cauliflower parm, but it’s really best made fresh – and the prep time doesn’t take long. You could also easily cut the recipe in half if you don’t want all 4 servings.
How to reheat cauliflower parmesan steaks
Reheat it in a 350 degree F oven for best results, but the microwave works if needed.
What To Serve With Cauliflower Parmesan
You can serve roasted cauliflower parmesan as a vegetarian main meal, or as a side dish. Any of these recipes make great pairings:
- Baked Chicken Breast – The most versatile blank canvas that goes with anything… and you don’t want to miss this method for making it super juicy.
- Italian meatballs – They share similar flavors to the cauliflower parm, and are the perfect way to use up the extra marinara.
- Caesar Salad – A classic! Make it with chicken or without, it’s up to you.
- Spaghetti Squash in the Oven – The perfect pairing for a low carb vegetarian meal.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
If you like this cauliflower parmesan recipe, you might also like some of these other keto cauliflower recipes:
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower – So much flavor for only 4 ingredients and so good they can pass for potatoes!
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust – Unlike some soggy versions, this one has crispy edges and can stand up to toppings.
- Cauliflower Rice – A must whether you’re low carb or not, everyone loves cauliflower rice.
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower – Topped with parmesan and garlic, this is a vegetarian stunner – or a great side dish for dinner.
- Keto Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto – Ultra creamy and full of flavor, this cauliflower rice is almost unrecognizable.
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
Tools To Make Cauliflower Parmesan:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Baking Sheet – The best baking sheets! Made in the USA, and amazing quality.
- Flexible Spatula – Helpful for flipping the cauliflower steaks.
Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan Recipe
A healthy roasted cauliflower parmesan steaks recipe makes an easy, cheesy low carb dinner, using simple ingredients! Cauliflower parm is packed with Italian flavors.
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Move oven racks to the center and upper third of your oven. Preheat to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
Using a chef's knife, cut off the base of the head of cauliflower so that it forms a flat surface. Cut away the thick green stems. Stand it up on the cut end (floret side up) and slice head into 1-inch-thick "steaks", cutting from top to bottom.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add cauliflower steaks and any stray florets that may have fallen off.
Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
Using a flexible spatula, gently turn the steaks and florets over. Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and return pan to the oven. Bake an additional 18-20 minutes until parmesan is golden brown and the cauliflower is tender and caramelized on the edges.
Remove pan from oven and set oven to broil.
Spread marinara on the top of the cooked cauliflower and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Broil on the upper third rack for 1-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1/4 entire recipe
Recipe shared with permission from The Well Plated Cookbook.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂