This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I always get requests for more easy chicken dinner ideas, and I’m here to deliver! You’ll love these baked balsamic chicken thighs that take just 5 minutes to prep. Whip up the simple balsamic chicken marinade with just 4 basic ingredients (that are definitely already in your pantry!), marinate the chicken, and bake.
Serve this balsamic chicken thigh recipe as a simple dinner, or make up a batch to eat throughout the week. It’s perfect for meal planning! If you prefer a whole chicken instead of just thighs, you can make my whole balsamic chicken recipe.
Balsamic Chicken Marinade Ingredients
This balsamic vinegar chicken marinade is made with just 4 simple ingredients that you probably already have:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
…Plus salt and pepper!
How To Make Balsamic Chicken Thighs
So… are you wondering how to cook balsamic chicken? Let me show you how:
- Mix up balsamic chicken marinade. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. (FYI: This balsamic chicken marinade is very similar to balsamic steak marinade!)
- Marinate chicken. Add chicken and move around to coat in marinade. Marinate for at least an hour, or up to 2 days, turning half way through if possible.
- Bake. Arrange the chicken thighs in a single layer on baking sheets, and bake until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Rest. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving. This ensures that it will stay juicy!
- Drizzle. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with basil leaves, parsley, or both! I like some cherry tomatoes thrown in, too.
Is balsamic vinaigrette baked chicken healthy?
Yes, these baked balsamic chicken thighs are a healthy source of protein and make a great lunch or dinner meal.
Each serving has a whopping 44 grams of protein!
Are balsamic vinegar chicken thighs keto?
Yes, this balsamic chicken marinade adds just 2.9 grams net carbs per serving of chicken (that’s 2 chicken thighs!). Plus, chicken thighs have more fat than chicken breasts do, making them great for a keto diet.
Can I make this balsamic chicken recipe with chicken breast instead?
Yes, you can also use this balsamic chicken marinade for chicken breasts. The cooking time and nutrition facts would change. Chicken breasts would take a bit longer to bake at the same temperature, depending on their size.
If you use chicken breasts, I highly recommend first using a salt brine before marinating, as described in this juicy baked chicken breast recipe.
Store balsamic chicken thighs in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Raw chicken in balsamic chicken marinade can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can make baked balsamic boneless skinless chicken thighs ahead:
- You can marinate the chicken for up to 2 days.
- You can bake the chicken ahead of time to use for meal prep. They are delicious over a salad for lunch!
Can you freeze balsamic glazed chicken thighs?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken in a freezer safe container for 2-3 months. Let the chicken thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
For best results, reheat these balsamic chicken thighs in the oven, until heated through. The microwave will work as well if that’s the only option, but dries out the chicken more.
What To Serve With Balsamic Chicken Thighs
This easy balsamic chicken needs a simple side dish to turn it into a full meal. Here are some of my favorite healthy veggie side dishes:
- Roasted Asparagus – Ready in just 20 minutes flat and a reader favorite!
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower – Silky smooth cauliflower mash that tastes just like potatoes – and only 5 ingredients!
- Oven Roasted Vegetables – If you’re making a meal prep meal, this is the best side. They store well and reheat easily.
- Sauteed Zucchini – My technique for perfect zucchini takes just 10 minutes, and is flavored with garlic and butter.
- Avocado Caprese Salad – Probably the best side dish for balsamic chicken thighs… the flavors go together perfectly!
Tools To Make Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Large Bowl with Lid – This glass mixing bowl is large enough for the balsamic chicken marinade + thighs and can be stored in the fridge.
- Set of 2 Baking Sheets – These are the perfect size for fitting in the oven side-by-side, plus they have my absolute favorite coating.
- Instant Read Thermometer – The best way to know that chicken is done!
Baked Balsamic Chicken Thighs Recipe
Baked Balsamic Chicken Thighs (5 Min Prep!)
These EASY baked balsamic chicken thighs (complete with simple balsamic chicken marinade) make a flavorful weeknight dinner. Just 5 minute prep time!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and move around to coat in marinade.
Refrigerate chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour, up to 2 days, ideally turning the chicken to coat in marinade halfway through.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line one extra-large or two small baking sheets with parchment paper.
Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the lined baking sheet(s), mostly without touching each other. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F measured using an instant read thermometer).
Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before eating. If desired, drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 chicken thighs
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂