FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Is Caprese Salad?
- Caprese Salad Ingredients
- How To Make Caprese Salad
- Caprese Salad With Cherry Tomatoes Variations
- Do I Have To Use Balsamic Vinegar In Keto Caprese Salad?
- Is Caprese Salad Healthy?
- How Do You Store Keto Caprese Salad?
- What To Serve With This Caprese Salad Recipe
- Tools To Make Chopped Avocado Caprese Salad
- Easy Chopped Avocado Caprese Salad Recipe - Cherry Tomatoes
Summer salads require two things: fresh flavors and minimal effort! And, low carb salads like this chopped Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes are meant to be enjoyed outside. This one passes the summer salad test. The flavors are light and refreshing, plus, you can make this avocado Caprese salad recipe with just 7 simple ingredients! Keto Caprese salad FTW!
I know a lot of people say that they get tired of eating salads, and that is what inspired me to create this avocado Caprese salad! There is nothing boring about these flavors, and the best part is that it’s HEALTHY!
I love to make easy low carb salads that taste great, and this one is the perfect opportunity to incorporate summer produce at its peak.
What Is Caprese Salad?
Caprese salad is an Italian style salad that has become pretty well known. Traditionally, chopped Caprese salad is full of fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and olive oil. It was invented in the 1950s because it’s an amazing dish to make with fresh garden tomatoes.
My version of chopped Caprese salad has my own spin on these classic flavors. And avocado, because, well it’s avocado!
Caprese Salad Ingredients
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil
How To Make Caprese Salad
Ready to see how to make Caprese salad? It doesn’t get any easier. We’ll make the balsamic reduction first, then make up the salad.
- In a small saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar. Simmer until the balsamic has thickened and reduced. This adds insane flavor, so don’t skip the reduction step! You can also buy already reduced balsamic vinegar, but make sure that it doesn’t have any added sweetener in it.
PRO TIP: The balsamic reduction will continue to thicken after you remove it from the stove. So, you want to stop heating when it’s a bit thinner than you think you’ll need.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Mix salad. Carefully toss in the tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado, and fresh basil.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Caprese Salad With Cherry Tomatoes Variations
This is the best Caprese salad with balsamic already! But, here are some ideas if you want to make some additions:
- Chicken – Dice up a grilled chicken breast and add to the avocado Caprese salad for some added protein. Sounds like the perfect summer lunch to me!
- Bacon – No one says you have to be traditional all the time! Cook up some bacon in the oven, crumble it, and toss it in.
- Olives – They add a nice tangy flavor to the chopped Caprese salad.
Do I Have To Use Balsamic Vinegar In Keto Caprese Salad?
No, you don’t have to use balsamic vinegar in keto Caprese salad. The original Caprese salad recipe didn’t call for balsamic vinegar at all, just a drizzle of olive oil.
So, if you don’t love balsamic, it’s okay to leave it out. I think it adds amazing flavor and depth, but you can make adjustments to meet your needs.
Is Caprese Salad Healthy?
Yes, chopped Caprese salad is very healthy! This Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes is loaded with vegetables and protein, zinc, vitamin B12, beta-carotene, potassium, and more.
Enjoy this avocado Caprese salad as an appetizer or main dish because you will be getting lots of nutrient-rich ingredients.
How Do You Store Keto Caprese Salad?
Store Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last 2-3 days if it’s properly stored and makes wonderful leftovers.
This is the best Caprese salad recipe because you can also make it ahead for meal planning.
What To Serve With This Caprese Salad Recipe
There are so many delicious low carb main dishes that will go perfectly with this Caprese salad recipe. You won’t regret trying any of these ideas:
- Sirloin Steak In The Oven
- The Best Juicy Burgers
- Paleo Chipotle Baked Turkey Burgers
- The Best Chimichurri Chicken
Tools To Make Chopped Avocado Caprese Salad
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Whisk – I love this utensil set because they are all super easy to clean and use. Plus, they have bamboo handles.
- Spoon Rest – It’s not required, but having a spoon rest sure helps keep the kitchen organized and clean. Worth it!
- Serving Bowl – This set of serving bowls are amazing because you can bake in them, serve food in them, or mix ingredients. They are practically the only bowls you need.
Easy Chopped Avocado Caprese Salad Recipe - Cherry Tomatoes:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Easy Chopped Avocado Caprese Salad Recipe - Cherry Tomatoes
The simplest, easy chopped Caprese salad recipe with 7 ingredients! Once you see how to make avocado Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes, you'll make this naturally healthy, keto salad over and over... and over.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Pour the balsamic vinegar into a very small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes, keeping it at a low simmer but not boiling. Simmer until slightly thickened but still pourable, and volume has reduced to about 1/3 cup. (This is balsamic reduction - it will thicken as it cools, so don't let it thicken too much when hot.)
When the balsamic reduction is ready, let it cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado, and fresh basil. Toss to coat. Drizzle the entire salad with 1 tablespoon balsamic reduction. (You can save the rest for another use.)
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Video Showing How To Make Avocado Caprese Salad:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Avocado Caprese Salad!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂