FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- Why You’ll Love This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe
- Cucumber Tomato and Avocado Salad Ingredients
- How To Make Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Is Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad Healthy?
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Cucumber Tomato And Avocado Salad
- More Healthy Avocado Salad Recipes
- Tools To Make Cucumber Tomato Salad With Avocado
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe (Easy + Healthy!)
This easy cucumber tomato avocado salad recipe is one of my absolute favorites. Hearty salads are a common theme in Eastern European cultures and growing up in a Russian family, we ate plenty of them, but not many with greens. I love my greens now, but I still enjoy a good, hearty salad like this one. When it’s healthy? Even better. When I can add avocado? Perfection! When it’s ready in 15 minutes? EASY!
This healthy cucumber tomato and avocado salad has turned out to be one of my favorite salad recipes yet. If you love avocado salad recipes, I bet you’ll feel the same way about this one! It’s got crunch from the cucumbers, juicy ripe tomatoes, creamy avocado, and bright lemon juice and fresh herbs. The whole dish is delicious and so satisfying!
You’ll find a lot of avocado recipes here on my site, and for good reason! Not only do they taste great, but they add incredible texture AND heathy fats to any meal. Try my omelette with avocado, avocado egg salad, learn how to freeze avocados, and don’t forget the fudgy avocado brownies!
Why You’ll Love This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe
- Bright and light, with tons of fresh herb flavor
- Creamy and crunchy
- Easy to make, just mix the dressing and chop the veggies
- Ready in 15 minutes
Cucumber Tomato and Avocado Salad Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for a salad with tomato, cucumber, and avocado, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the dressing:
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice will give the best flavor, but bottled will also work.
- Olive oil – Use an extra-virgin olive oil for the best flavor. Avocado oil would work fine if that’s what you have.
- Garlic powder – Use high-quality garlic powder for best flavor. You could also whisk in some fresh crushed garlic cloves if you prefer.
- Sea salt & black pepper
For the salad:
- Avocados – Look for deep green avocados that have a little bit of give when you press on them lightly. Another trick to know they are not too ripe is to remove the little nub where the stem was – it should be green and not brown.
- Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes are what I used, but other medium to large tomatoes work great as well. Or you can just slice cherry or grape tomatoes in half.
- Cucumbers – I used an English cucumber, but any kind you have will do.
- Fresh herbs – Fresh dill and parsley are the perfect pairing for the summer veggies in this salad.
How To Make Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
This section shows how to make this cucumber tomato avocado salad recipe with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Mix dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Assemble. In a large bowl, combine avocado, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, fresh dill, and fresh parsley.
- Toss. Add the dressing and toss together.
Is Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad Healthy?
Yes, this cucumber tomato and avocado salad is incredibly healthy! Let’s see. We’ve got veggies. Check. Healthy fats. Check. Bright flavors. Check. And it’s delicious so you’ll actually want to eat this healthy avocado tomato salad.
Thanks to the avocados in this salad, there is plenty of naturally good monounsaturated fat and they contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant compounds. [*]. Plus, carbs in avocado are naturally low.
If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator, but keep in mind this salad won’t last long…
How long does cucumber avocado tomato salad last?
This cucumber tomato salad with avocado will last a day or two in the fridge, but it really is best fresh. The lemon juice in the dressing helps the avocado from browning to some extent, just not perfectly. I would recommend making up the salad and adding the avocado right before serving. This will help it stay fresh longer.
Can you make this healthy cucumber tomato avocado salad ahead?
Yes, you can make cucumber avocado salad ahead, but as I mentioned above, don’t add the avocado until you’re ready to serve it.
For best results, mix up the dressing and cut the veggies (except for avocado), and store them separately in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve, cut avocado and toss the veggies and dressing together.
What To Serve With Cucumber Tomato And Avocado Salad
Serve this cucumber tomato and avocado salad recipe with a healthy main dish like:
More Healthy Avocado Salad Recipes
Tools To Make Cucumber Tomato Salad With Avocado
- Avocado Saver – If you eat as many avocados as we do, this storage for avocados is a must!
- Wooden Salad Bowl – Serve your cucumber tomato avocado salad recipe in this gorgeous wooden bowl.
- Ceramic Paring Knife – This one is my favorite for chopping veggies.
- Dressing Shaker – I love using this to make dressings. You can mix it and use it and store it – all in the same bottle!
Easy Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe (Easy + Healthy!)
You will love this quick, EASY, and healthy cucumber tomato avocado salad recipe that's made with fresh herbs and ready in 15 minutes!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. (Alternatively, place in an airtight container and shake vigorously.)
In a large bowl, combine the avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, fresh dill, and fresh parsley.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.
Video Showing How To Make Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe — it’s located directly above the ingredients list. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂