FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
There are no shortage of low carb avocado recipes around here!!! And I’m always (and forever!) ready to share more of them. Today, it’s this BLT keto stuffed avocado recipe.
Why would you love this recipe? Why wouldn’t you is really the question I really should be asking. Well, it tastes like a BLT sandwich in stuffed bowl form! Maybe that didn’t need to be said. It’s probably obvious enough in the recipe name. I still felt like I had to mention it though, just to be sure we’re on the same page about the awesomeness that is this recipe. I don’t know about you, but to me avocado tastes infinitely better than a boring piece of white bread, anyway.
Another great thing about this BLT stuffed avocado recipe is that it’s friendly to so many dietary restrictions, if you have any, but it doesn’t taste that way. These BLT stuffed avocados are low carb, ketogenic, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, egg-free, THM S, and whole30 approved. (By the way, if you’re doing the whole 30, check out my friend, Monica’s whole 30 menu plan!)
Everything is better with bacon, and these stuffed avocados are no exception. Crispy bacon is the key to completing this dish.
Of course, the nutrition highlight of this recipe is the avocado. These little powerhouses are packed with a lengthy list of vitamins and minerals – folate, potassium, magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc, phosphorus, and vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, E, and K. Whew!
How To Make Keto Stuffed Avocado
Once you see how easy these keto stuffed avocados are to make, you’ll be making them on repeat – don’t say I didn’t warn you! 🙂 Here are the four easy steps to my blt stuffed avocado recipe:
- Cook the bacon. I have directions for frying below, or you can use the oven baked bacon method!
- Prep the avocados. Once you slice the avocados in half, remove the pit. Scoop half of the flesh out of each avocado half (being sure to leave some undisturbed) and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix the filling. Mash the avocado and then stir in grape tomatoes, lettuce, lime juice, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Gently mix in the chopped bacon.
- Fill the avocados. Add the stuffing back into the avocado halves. EAT!
Are Avocados Keto?
Yes! Avocados are keto. It’s one of the (many) reasons that I love keto recipes with avocado. Avocados are incredibly low in carb due to the already low amount of carbs and a lot of fiber.
For one serving (1/3 of an avocado), there is:
- 80 calories
- 8 grams fat
- 4 grams carbohydrates
- 3 grams fiber
- 1 gram net carbohydrates
Keto avocado recipes are a great way to add a nutrient-dense source of healthy fats and energy to your diet.
How To Eat Stuffed Avocado
This is a funny (but common) question! The best way to eat a keto stuffed avocado is to use a spoon! Simply scoop out bites that include some of the filling and some of the outer edge of the avocado.
That’s it! It’s for sure the easiest way to eat stuffed avocado recipes.
Can You Make Stuffed Avocado Ahead?
Stuffed avocado recipes are best fresh. Because the avocados brown once they are cut open, I like to make them right before serving. You can prep all of the other ingredients so that they can be ready in just a few minutes!
More Keto Avocado Recipes
Clearly I love low carb avocado recipes! Can you blame me? If you like this stuffed avocado recipe, you might like some of these other keto avocado recipes:
- Keto Low Carb Key Lime Pie – Yes, sweet keto recipes for avocado do exist and you’re going to love it.
- Baked Avocado Eggs – In this stuffed avocado keto breakfast idea, eggs are baked right inside the avocado! Healthy fats all around.
- Easy Avocado Tuna Salad – Classic tuna salad gets an upgrade with the addition of avocado.
- Baby Kale Avocado Salad – Avocados make any salad better – at least that’s the motto at our house!
Tools To Make Keto Stuffed Avocados:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Ceramic Paring Knife – This small knife is the perfect size for carefully cutting your low carb stuffed avocado in half.
- Avocado Saver – With the amount of avocados we eat at our house, this avocado saver is a must! I usually hate gadgets that take up space in my kitchen, but this one truly keeps the avocados from browning and is worth it!
- Avocado Slicer Tool – This 3-in-1 tool makes cutting, slicing, and removing the pits EASY work.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto BLT Stuffed Avocado Recipe
This BLT keto stuffed avocado recipe makes a perfect lunch or snack! With simple ingredients and 15 minutes prep, it's one of the best keto avocado recipes you'll find.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Place bacon onto a skillet while the skillet is still cold. Cook the bacon over low or medium-low heat until the edges start to curl. Flip and continue cooking until golden and crispy. This process may take 5 minutes or maybe a little longer. Drain on paper towels (it will crisp up more as it cools).
- Meanwhile, slice the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop half of the flesh out of each avocado half (leave half undisturbed) and transfer to a bowl.
- Mash the avocado in the bowl. Stir in the grape tomatoes, lettuce, lime juice, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper (adjust seasonings to taste if needed).
- When the bacon slices are cool enough to handle, chop them up and add them to the bowl.
- Scoop the mixture back into the avocado halves.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1/2 avocado with filling
Video Showing How To Make Stuffed Avocados:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Stuffed Avocados!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂