This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’re going to love this low carb and keto BLT recipe. It’s made with fluffy bread (yes, I promise it’s keto!) and all the typical BLT fillings – bacon, lettuce, tomato, and of course, creamy mayo. No wonder my kids loved this one!
If you thought a BLT wasn’t possible on keto unless you had it in a lettuce wrap, there is another way! No matter what kind of sandwich you are making (grilled cheese, anyone?), my keto bread mix makes it easy and delicious. If you need an alternative bread, though, try keto chaffles instead!
Not only is this mix fluffy and chewy like the real thing, it also has only 2g net carbs per slice and unlike others I’ve seen on the market, it’s made with 100% natural ingredients.
How To Make Keto BLT
This keto BLT sandwich comes together in a few simple steps:
Make the low carb bread for a BLT:
- Prep. Preheat the oven and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Gather the ingredients you’ll need: Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix, butter, eggs, and milk of your choice (see notes on the milk options 2 steps down.)
- Cream butter. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the butter – do so until it’s pale and super fluffy. This helps create air pockets in the bread later on.
- Add eggs and milk. Make sure they are room temp so that they don’t solidify the butter. I used unsweetened almond milk, but any kind of keto friendly milk will work.
- Add Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix. Beat this in gradually using your mixer.
- Transfer. Spoon the batter into a parchment lined loaf pan (this size is ideal) and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake. Place in the oven and let it bake until the bread rises and is golden on top.
Assemble the keto BLT:
- Prep. Let the bread cool completely before slicing it.
- Assemble sandwich. Spread mayonnaise onto slices of bread and top with bacon, tomato, and lettuce. Top with second slice of bacon and other slice of bread.
- Enjoy! These sandwiches are super filling, so a serving is half a sandwich. I like to pair it with keto soup or a low carb salad. It’s also delicious with some keto pickles.
Low Carb BLT FAQs
How many carbs are in a BLT?
A traditional BLT, made with a flour-based bread will have around 40+ grams carbohydrates.
In this low carb BLT, we’re using keto bread to cut down the carbs significantly – just 3g net carbs per serving.
Can you make a low carb BLT sandwich?
Yes, you can make a low carb BLT, you’ll just need to swap the bread for a low carb version.
This recipes uses keto bread in place of traditional bread to cut down on carbs.
Can I use a different bread?
Yes, you can. I highly recommend my keto bread mix (shown in these photos) because it’s the easiest, fluffiest, and chewiest (in the best way!).
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can make the components ahead and then assemble right before eating:
More Keto Bacon Recipes
If you like this keto friendly BLT, you might also like some of these other keto bacon recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops – This makes the BEST appetizer or meal, made with simple ingredients, but nice enough for a fancy meal or entertaining.
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken – Just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to prep this family-favorite.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps – Make lunch in a hurry with these 5 minute keto cheese wraps.
- Keto Wedge Salad – Serve this with steak or burgers, yum! Easy to make in just 10 minutes.
Tools To Make Keto BLT
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Keto Bread Mix – For the easiest, most delicious low carb white bread for your sandwiches.
- Bread Pan – This is the bread pan size that I use when mixing up my keto bread mix. It makes the perfect sandwich-style bread slices.
- Sandwich Picks – You’ll feel like you’re eating your low carb BLT at a restaurant with these fun and frilly toothpicks.
Low Carb Keto BLT Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Low Carb Keto BLT Recipe
This keto BLT tastes like the real deal! Fluffy, chewy bread, smoky bacon, crunchy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and creamy mayo... at just 3g net carbs per serving.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
For the bread:
For the BLT:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Make white keto bread according to instructions on the keto bread mix package. Cool completely, then slice into 1/2 inch slices.
For the BLT:
Spread 1/2 tablespoon (15 grams) of mayonnaise each onto 2 slices of bread (1 tablespoon for both combined).
On one slice of the bread, add a slice of bacon, tomato slices, and then lettuce, in that order. Top with a second slice of bacon and top with the other slice of bread.
Repeat steps to make desired number of sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half for a serving.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/2 BLT (they are large and filling!)
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂