FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This flavorful Italian antipasto salad recipe is perfect for all occasions! Dinner parties, potlucks, barbecues (happy Labor Day!), the list goes on and on. Italian meats, fresh mozzarella cheese, and veggies tossed in an antipasto salad dressing – it’s truly amazing. You can definitely serve this chopped antipasto salad as it’s own meal, or pair it with an Italian main course. Any way you serve it, this keto antipasto salad is a hit with everyone!
This low carb antipasto salad is so easy to throw together, but it still manages to steal the show at dinner parties. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s absolutely delicious, or because of all the vibrant colors. Even kids love to nibble on it!
What Is Antipasto Salad?
Chopped antipasto salad is a dish that is typically served as a first course during an Italian meal. Normally, an Italian antipasto salad is packed with meats, cheeses, and vegetables that have been marinated. It’s then drizzled in a vinegar-based antipasto salad dressing.
Want to know the reason that this keto antipasto salad has so much flavor? It’s because of the variety of ingredients! Each one adds it’s own flair to the cold antipasto salad. Here is a breakdown for you:
- Salami – I don’t want to stay that salami is the star of the show…but it’s a mandatory Italian cured meat to include in this easy antipasto salad.
- Fresh Mozzarella – If you don’t tolerate dairy, you can leave it out. Otherwise, the fresh mozzarella adds creamy and cool flavor.
- Proscuitto – Can we say mouthwatering delicious? Prosciutto is an Italian ham that makes this the best antipasto salad ever.
- Grape Tomatoes – The tomatoes are a bright dose of color and they add a juicy, subtle sweetness.
- Pepperoncini Peppers – They add the perfect amount of tang and spice to this keto antipasto salad.
- Artichoke Hearts – We do need to add a few veggies to this salad. 😉
- Kalamata Olives – Salty flavor added to every bite.
- Olive Oil – This is a key ingredient for the antipasto salad dressing.
- White Wine Vinegar – You will love the tang the white vinegar gives the antipasto recipe.
- Sea Salt – You don’t need a lot of salt because there is plenty of salt in the meat.
- Black Pepper – Can you ever have too much pepper? Answer is NO!
- Fresh Basil – The sprinkle of fresh basil adds the perfect bright flavor.
How To Make Antipasto Salad
Don’t be fooled by how gorgeous this chopped antipasto salad is! I know it looks like it would take forever to make, but you can literally throw it together in less than 10 minutes. That’s my kind of recipe.
- Prepare the antipasto salad dressing. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to a bowl, and whisk together.
- Make the salad. Toss in rest of cold antipasto ingredients. Place the meats, mozzarella, tomatoes, peppers, artichoke hearts, and olives to bowl. Sprinkle with fresh basil, then it’s ready to enjoy.
What’s The Difference Between Antipasto And Antipasti?
The main difference between antipasto and antipasti is that antipasto is served before the main course. It’s the start of the meal.
Antipasti just means you have a variety of Italian meats, cheese, and marinated veggies. If you make a cheese boards, you might just have a spread of antipasti.
Really, though, you could consider this keto salad either one!
How Many Calories Are In This Antipasto Recipe?
There are approximately 345 calories per serving of this antipasto salad recipe.
The serving size is 1 cup, so you can always cut that in half or increase it if you wanted to. It’s often enough to be a meal on its own, so I’d definitely cut the serving size to 1/2 cup if you’re having this salad as an appetizer.
And the best part? 3 grams net carbs per cup!
How Do You Store Keto Antipasto Salad?
Keto antiopasto salad makes a perfect make-ahead salad! Just store it in the fridge for up to several days, but add the basil right before serving.
More Low Carb Salad Recipes
Things I don’t like: boring salads. Things I DO like: flavorful low carb keto salads! Check them out:
- Spicy Thai Beef Salad – This one is great for a meal, all on its own.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – The classic you expect, with sweet poppy seed dressing – but minus the sugar.
- Chopped Mediterranean Salad – This one has a surprising dressing!
- Tossed Big Italian Salad – A lot of similar flavors to this chopped antipasto salad recipe, but this one is with greens.
- Colorful Rainbow Salad – This is one of the prettiest salads ever.
Tools To Make Chopped Antipasto Salad:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Mixing Bowl – You will need a mixing bowl and serving bowl for this keto antipasto salad. This set can be used for both!
- Knife – Having a sharp knife that can get the job done makes your life easier. This one is sharp and cuts wonderfully.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Chopped Italian Keto Antipasto Salad Recipe
The BEST chopped Italian antipasto salad recipe! See how to make keto antipasto salad in just 10 minutes, with an antipasto salad dressing that's packed with flavor.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get The Easy Keto Meal Plan App
Delicious custom keto meal plans to make keto easy... PLUS ad-free website access, dedicated keto support, free keto ebooks, and more!GET THE KETO APP
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, sea salt and black pepper. Tilt the bowl if needed.
Add all remaining ingredients, except basil, and toss to combine.
Add fresh basil right before serving. (You can make the salad ahead and store in the fridge without the basil.)
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Video Showing How To Make Antipasto Salad:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Antipasto Salad!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂