This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This Mediterranean chicken salad is made with all sorts of flavorful ingredients — shredded chicken, olives, peppers, and feta cheese — and tossed with a light and bright dressing. It’s perfect for meal prep lunches or light meals and can be served in so many different ways.
While I love chicken salad ideas, I really love so many protein-based salads like ham salad, egg salad, avocado egg salad, buffalo chicken salad, and avocado tuna salad. Stuff them into lettuce wraps, serve them with raw veggies, or on your favorite slice of bread. It’s a light and healthy meal.
What Is Mediterranean Chicken Salad?
Mediterranean chicken salad is just like a traditional chicken salad, but with major Mediterranean flavors from feta cheese, black olives, and a light and flavorful mayonnaise-based dressing that’s lightened up with mustard and lemon juice.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Salad Recipe
- Light, bright, and savory flavors
- Crunchy texture from fresh vegetables
- Perfect for meal prep
- Takes just 15 minutes to make
- Great for lunches or a quick dinner
Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for lemon Mediterranean chicken salad, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the salad:
- Shredded chicken – This is a great item to prep ahead. I like to use Instant Pot chicken breast, but you can also use rotisserie chicken or shred leftover baked chicken thighs.
- Feta cheese – You can buy it already crumbled, or buy a block and crumble it yourself. High quality will really shine here.
- Black olives – Buy them sliced so you don’t have to do it yourself!
- Bell pepper – Adds color, sweetness, and crunch! Use any color you like.
- Red onion – Red onion is the best pairing for the flavors in this Mediterranean chicken salad, but green or white onion could also be used.
- Fresh basil – Gives the salad great fresh flavor. For perfect ribbons without bruising, roll the leaves together, then slice using a sharp knife.
For the dressing:
- Mayonnaise – Use store-bought or make your own with this homemade avocado oil mayonnaise.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh for the best flavor, but bottled lemon juice is convenient and works just fine.
- Extra virgin olive oil – The extra flavor is perfect for salad dressings. You can use any olive oil, or even avocado oil, if that’s what you have.
- Dijon mustard – Dijon gives this chicken salad an elevated flavor. Feel free to use any kind of mustard, though.
- Italian seasoning – This is optional, but if you have it, add it for extra depth.
- Sea salt & black pepper
How To Make Mediterranean Chicken Salad
This section shows how to make Mediterranean shredded chicken salad with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Mix salad. In a large bowl, stir together shredded chicken, feta cheese, olives, peppers, red onion, and basil.
- Mix dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Toss together. Pour dressing over chicken salad mixture and stir until combined.
- To store: Store chicken salad in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- To meal prep: Cook shredded chicken, chop veggies, and mix together dressing. When ready to eat, simply toss everything together.
- Freezing: Not recommended.
What To Serve With Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- Lettuce Wraps – Wrap up the chicken salad into lettuce leaves for a light and healthy lettuce wrap meal.
- Greens – Serve the chicken salad over a bed of greens for a more complete meal, with less fuss than Mediterranean chicken salad lettuce wraps.
- Bread – Turn your chicken salad into a sandwich! I prefer healthy bread recipes like almond flour bread, 90-second bread, or cloud bread.
- Crackers – Scoop up the salad on your favorite cracker. My faves are almond flour crackers and low carb cheese crackers.
More Chicken Salad Ideas
If you like this chicken salad with feta cheese recipe, you might also like some of these other chicken salad recipes:
Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe
Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe
Make this light and healthy Mediterranean chicken salad in just 15 minutes! It's loaded with crunchy veggies and the best lemon dressing.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, feta cheese, black olives, bell pepper, red onion, and fresh basil. Mix until combined.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and sea salt, until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the chicken salad and mix together, until combined.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Does not give you amounts of ingredients to add. Please provide.
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Mary, There is a recipe card right above where you left this comment that will give you all the ingredient amounts.
I love this recipe!! I did sub pickled yellow banana peppers for red and kalamata olives for black. Gives it even more of a Mediterranean taste!!
Looks yummy. Just the recipe I had been looking for.
Loved this! Subbed diced cucumber for the bell pepper and onion!
This is SO good. Thank you
Made this for dinner tonight -so delish!!!! Just and FYI, the servings button isn’t working.Was trying to redo the numbers to reflect 2 servings, but nothing moved. No problem though, easy to split all by half
Wholesome Yum M0
Hi L.A., So glad you enjoyed the recipe! The scaling feature is back online, thank you for the heads up!
This Mediterranean chicken salad was so good! Very easy to make, my fussy husband loved it too!
The Mediterranean chicken salad is so good and easy to throw together . I made this as a light lunch today and my husband could not get enough of this. So good, this is my new go to chicken salad.
Hi Maya. I love your recipes and made the Mediterranean chicken salad today but I see it says the protein is 2.4 g. I’m guessing that is a typo so could you please advise what the correct count is?
Wholesome Yum M0
Hi Kym, Great eye! I have updated the protein in the nutrition facts.
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer0
OH wow! Your Mediterranean chicken salad is so simple yet packed with so much flavor! Thank you so much for sharing! I love that it’s a great alternative to a traditional salad with lettuce and the like!
You can never have too many salad recipes, especially this time of year. What a great alternative to the simple leafy green salad. I’m a vegetarian but my family loves chicken. I have to try your salad!
I’m loving this recipe idea with lettuce wraps! This is the perfect, creamy, healthy, lunch or dinner recipe!
This SIMPLE Mediterranean chicken salad is so HEARTY and loaded with flavors. Love how easy it is to make this salad, I love making this salad for lunch.
The flavors go so well together!! Feta is my favorite & this is a nice change from the typical chicken salad.
Love the Mediterranean twist!! Delicious ingredients & the dressing adds a lot of flavor!
I love Mediterranean flavors so I can’t wait to try your chicken salad. This is so perfect for these hot days.
Hmm yum! Exactly my kind of salad! This Mediterranean chicken salad recipe was absolutely appetizing!
This chicken salad was delicious and perfect for a hot summer day. We loved the Mediterranean flavours and will make it again. Thank you!
Delicious with all of my favourite flavours. I could eat this recipe on repeat!
I’m always looking for new summery recipes so I knew I wanted to try this! So glad I did — it was so easy and the lemon dressing was perfect!
Amy L Huntley0
This is the best Chicken Salad Recipe ever! So much flavor and so simple to make!
This was a great recipe with perfect balance of flavors. Looks beautiful too.
I think there might be a mistake in the Nutrition facts posted for this recipe. It is saying there are only 2.4g of protein per serving in this salad.
Wholesome Yum M0
Hi Shanna, Great catch! I have updated the protein in the nutrition facts.