This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
What crackers can you eat on keto? These KETO CRACKERS! My low carb crackers recipe is the perfect way to enjoy crackers in a much more nutritious form! These almond flour crackers (paleo crackers) are made up of just TWO simple and healthy ingredients. And when they’re mixed together and baked, they turn into addicting, but wholesome, little almond crackers!
Keto eating is great, but do you ever just want a plate of cheese and crackers? Or maybe crackers and your favorite dip? This low carb crackers recipe makes it possible to have both. 🙂
With just two simple ingredients (plus salt), you can make these paleo crackers. They are buttery, crispy, and oh-so-crunchy!
This keto crackers recipe was originally published on May 22, 2016, and was republished in October 2019, with new tips. New photos were added in December 2019. If you’re curious, here is what these almond flour crackers looked like originally (same great recipe!):
Can You Eat Crackers On Keto?
Crackers on keto? YASSS! So long as you’re making my wholesome low carb crackers recipe with almond flour! You can find more almond flour recipes here.
These keto crackers with almond flour have just 4 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Crackers Ingredients
Now let’s talk about what’s in these almond flour crackers… and what isn’t! Unlike your crackers from the store, this low carb crackers recipe contains no fillers, chemicals, additives, or things you can’t pronounce.
Here’s all you need to make this almond flour crackers recipe:
- Blanched almond flour – People sometimes ask what kind of almond flour to use for these keto crackers. I recommend a finely ground, blanched almond flour like this one. You could try an almond meal, but the texture will be different.
- Egg – The egg acts as the binder for these almond meal crackers.
- Sea salt – Adds savory flavor to the low carb keto crackers. (Salt is not usually counted by convention since everyone always has it, so this recipe is considered 2 ingredients.)
If you’ve been eating keto, paleo or gluten-free for any length of time, you probably have these ingredients for this gluten-free crackers recipe at home right now. And if you don’t, run to the grocery store and get them, because you can use the ingredients for tons of other low carb recipes (and paleo recipes). And while you’re out, grab the ingredients for your favorite low carb dip to go with them.
How To Make Keto Crackers
This low carb almond crackers recipe takes less than 30 minutes! Here’s how to make keto crackers in 3 easy steps:
- Mix up the paleo crackers recipe dough. You can make the dough for these almond flour crackers in a food processor, or stir the dough by hand in a bowl. Just mix the almond flour and salt (and other herbs or spices if you prefer) together, and then add in the beaten egg. It will be crumbly.
- Shape the keto crackers. Place the no carb crackers dough in between two layers of parchment paper and roll it into a rectangle shape. Then, just cut the almond flour crackers keto dough into rectangles.
TIP #2: Prick each cracker with a fork or toothpick. This helps them cook more evenly and prevents bubbling.
- Bake the low carb homemade crackers until golden brown.
TIP: Watch them closely toward the end – they go from crisp to burned a bit quickly.
That’s it! Be sure to check the tips below for perfect almond crackers.
Tips For The Best Low Carb Crackers Recipe
- The easiest way to handle the almond crackers dough is by oiling your hands just a little bit. This will prevent sticking. It’s not required, but worth a try if you find the dough sticky to work with.
- Make sure to roll out the dough to an even thickness – the thinner, the better! Uniform thickness ensures that your paleo crackers cook evenly, and rolling them extra thin ensures that they get crispy.
- When rolling out the dough, your goal is a rectangle, but it usually rolls out into an oval, so you may need to cut away some dough and re-attach it. You can do this as many times as you need to.
- Let the carb free crackers cool completely before handling. They need to cool to crisp up.
Optional Additions To This Almond Flour Crackers Recipe
Feel free to add your own spices for a totally unique twist.
- Toasted sesame seeds or poppy seeds would make yummy almond crackers.
- Chopped herbs: rosemary, basil, and parsley would all be good for a savory low carb cracker.
- Italian with some garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Mediterranean with some basil and sun dried tomatoes diced up and baked in.
- Sweet! Yes, you can even make this keto crackers recipe sweet! Simply add your favorite keto friendly sweetener, some vanilla or almond extract, and maybe sprinkle with cinnamon. (You’ll only need a couple tablespoons of sweetener, max – don’t add too much or the dough will be too dry.) And then try dipping them in whipped mascarpone cream dip… mmmm.
What Do Almond Flour Crackers Taste Like?
One of the best parts about this low carb gluten free crackers recipe is that it doesn’t sacrifice taste.
No cardboard tasting substitutes for you! These low carb almond thins taste very similar to your favorite name brand buttery treats, but are just a little more dense. They have incredible crunch and sturdiness, just like a good cracker should. So, go ahead and enjoy ‘em with your favorite topping or scooped into a yummy, creamy dip.
How To Store Paleo Crackers
Another great thing about my keto friendly crackers is that they can be made ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container to eat in a few days or over the course of a week (but only if you can resist eating them all at once!).
TIP: Let your almond flour crackers cool completely before storing them, or they will not stay crispy and will spoil faster.
Can You Freeze Almond Flour Crackers?
Yes, you can definitely freeze this paleo almond cracker recipe! After they are cooled completely, store them in a freezer bag or freezer container.
Line the layers with parchment paper to help protect them and handle them with care so they stay together.
More Low Carb Crackers Recipes
If you like this paleo crackers recipe, you might also like these:
- Low Carb Keto Cheese Crackers – Just like the little cheese crackers you grew up eating, but made with wholesome and REAL ingredients!
- Keto Fathead Crackers With Coconut Flour – I took my popular fathead dough recipe and turned it into a cracker. It’s a nut-free option for crackers on keto.
- Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Graham Crackers – Like your keto crackers sweet? Try out these sweet, but sugar-free crackers.
What To Serve With Almond Crackers
The best keto crackers need cheese, right?! That’s one option, but I’ve got loads of others for you:
- Chicken Liver Pate – The amazing and silky pate we serve on special occasions is perfect with low carb crackers.
- Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip – Always a hit, everyone loves a scoop of artichoke dip atop their keto crackers with almond flour!
- Easy Bacon Cheese Ball – Mix together this easy cheese ball app for an impressive dish your friends will love.
- Cold Crab Dip – This dip can be made ahead and is fancy enough to serve guests! Everyone always loves it.
- Bacon Ranch Crack Dip – Pair this addicting dip with an assortment of veggies and delicious almond crackers.
- Keto Chili – Almond flour crackers add a nice crunch on the side!
Tools To Make Keto Crackers :
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor – Not necessary for these keto crackers, but it sure makes mixing up the dough easy!
- Classic Wooden Rolling Pin – You definitively need a rolling pin to roll out the dough for this low carb crackers recipe.
- Nonstick Sheet Pans – These are my all-time favorite pans for baking everything, from cookies to keto crackers!
Keto Paleo Low Carb Crackers Recipe With Almond Flour:
Pin it to save for later!
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
This reader favorite recipe is included in The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook! Order your copy to get 100 easy keto recipes in a beautiful print hardcover book, including 80 exclusive recipes not found anywhere else (not even this blog!), my complete fathead dough guide, the primer for starting keto, and much more.
Paleo Low Carb Keto Crackers Recipe (Almond Flour Crackers)
Crunchy, buttery keto crackers (almond flour crackers) made with 2 INGREDIENTS! Looking for how to make an easy paleo low carb crackers recipe? This is the one.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour and sea salt in a large bowl. Add the egg and mix well, until a dough forms. (You can also mix in a food processor.)
Place the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out to rectangle, about 1/16 (.2 cm) thick. (It will tend to roll into an oval shape, so just rip off pieces of dough and re-attach to form a more rectangular shape.)
Cut the cracker dough into rectangles. Prick with a fork or toothpick if desired. Place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until golden.
Serving size: 5 crackers, or 1/6 of entire recipe
Video Showing How To Make Low Carb Paleo Crackers:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Low Carb Paleo Crackers!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!