This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Paleovalley. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
This keto charcuterie board makes the perfect fancy appetizer, easy snack, or party food with minimal fuss! Learn exactly what is a charcuterie board, how to make a charcuterie board keto, and delicious keto charcuterie board ideas for all to love.
I used to be intimidated by charcuterie boards (how do people make them look so pretty?!), but a friend showed me how she assembles them, and it’s actually so EASY! I thought it would help to give you a tutorial of how to do it. Plus, this version is keto friendly.
The best charcuterie board needs the best ingredients — especially meats! That’s why I choose Paleovalley 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks for my homemade charcuterie board. Unlike typical charcuterie meats, these mouthwatering sticks contain 100% grass-fed beef and gut-friendly probiotics… all in a shelf-stable snack in 5 delicious flavors. Perfect for anytime snacking, too!
Get Paleovalley Beef Sticks For This Recipe Here
(Save an automatic 15% at the link above!)
What Is A Charcuterie Board?
A charcuterie board traditionally displays cured meats on a platter, but can also include finger foods and fruits. It’s the perfect pairing of sweet and savory flavors!
Many foods on charcuterie boards are naturally low carb, but not all of them… so I’ll show you how to make a homemade charcuterie board with a variety of keto friendly ingredients.
How To Pronounce Charcuterie Board?
There is so much debate over charcuterie board pronunciation! The correct way to say it is shar-coo-tuh-ree.
Why You’ll Love This DIY Charcuterie Board
- Meaty, cheesy flavor
- Crunchy, meaty, and chewy textures
- Takes minutes to prepare
- Easy to customize with your favorite meats and cheeses
- 100% low carb ingredients – even the fruits and crackers
- The perfect make-ahead keto appetizer or snack!
What To Put On A Charcuterie Board
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for a keto friendly charcuterie board, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
The best homemade charcuterie board combines sweet, savory, salty, and spiced elements. Pick your favorite ingredients, but make them varied for the most delicious flavor and prettiest presentation.
- Meats – I love using Paleovalley 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks because they taste delicious (in 5 flavors!), but you can also use traditional cured meats like sliced salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, or chorizo.
- Cheeses – Use a combination of hard cheese, semi-hard or semi-soft cheese, and soft cheeses. Cheddar, brie, gouda, manchego, mozzarella, and goat cheese are all delicious options. Get more ideas from my cheese list.
- Low Carb Crackers For Charcuterie Boards – I used flax seed crackers this time, but almond flour crackers, cheese crackers, cheddar parmesan crisps, or pork rinds would be delicious as well.
- Keto Fruit – Fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries), cherry tomatoes, and olives are classic options, but you can choose any keto fruits you like — even avocado! I used a mix of black and green olives, but kalamata olives are great, too. Try adding keto fruit dip for another sweet pairing.
- Keto Nuts & Seeds – Try pecans, almonds, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, or any other keto nuts you prefer.
- Garnishes – Use fresh herbs like rosemary for a keto-friendly garnish, or use jams and honey (or keto honey) for a more conventional board.
- Other Options – Peppers, pickled vegetables, and your favorite dips can all add variety to your board, too.
How To Make A Charcuterie Board
This section shows how to make a keto charcuterie board with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Arrange cheeses. Place the cheeses in a few different areas on a cutting board (I have this one, which is the perfect size for this charcuterie recipe). Brie works well kept in a wheel and sliced into wedges. Hard, semi-hard, and semi-soft cheeses, like cheddar and manchego, can be sliced and then fanned out.
- Add pickled items. Place the olives and mini dill pickles in small bowls and place on the board.
- Place meats. Slice the Paleovalley Beef Sticks into thirds and place in piles on different areas of the board.
- Arrange crackers. Add the flaxseed crackers in a few places on the board and fan out.
- Add berries. Arrange the berries in any larger empty areas.
- Fill in gaps with nuts. Fill in any remaining blank areas with nuts.
TIP: Fan out sliced items, including cheeses, crackers, and any sliced meats, if using. This technique makes it easier to see (and eat) them!
Tips For The Best Keto Charcuterie Board
The best part about these boards is that you don’t have to follow all the “rules”! For the best taste and presentation, though, keep these tips in mind:
- Make “anchors” on your board. Space out large items like cheese wheels, and use small serving bowls to hold dips, pickles or olives, or even nuts or fruit. These will also add more structure to your board for arranging the other foods.
- Create variety. Use ingredients with different flavors and textures for the best charcuterie experience. Don’t serve too much of one thing!
- Don’t forget utensils. Think spoons for olives or jams, spreaders for soft cheeses, etc.
- Assemble in your final location. No one wants to carry a charcuterie board across the room and worry that foods will topple off. Build your board where you’ll be serving it, so you don’t have to move it.
- Use labels. This is optional, but toothpick labels are a fun way to label various meats and cheeses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is charcuterie keto friendly?
Traditional cured meats in charcuterie, as well as cheeses and berries, are naturally keto friendly. If you’re on keto, avoid higher-carb items such as conventional crackers and high-carb fruits.
When to serve a charcuterie board?
People often use charcuterie boards as an appetizer, but it can also work as a light meal or snack platter. Do what works best for you!
What size charcuterie board do I need?
For this recipe, an extra large board like this works best (plus, it’s so pretty!). You can make smaller spreads using a more average-sized charcuterie board, or if one board is too small, you can also use more than one.
Keto Charcuterie Board Variations
Looking for more keto charcuterie board ideas? Try these mouthwatering options:
- Dessert Charcuterie Board – Include options like sugar-free chocolate, berries, keto graham crackers, sugar-free marshmallows, keto coconut clusters, or keto sugar cookies.
- Breakfast Charcuterie Board – Make keto pancakes or waffles and pair with breakfast meats, homemade nutella, and keto maple syrup.
- Antipasto Charcuterie Board – Pair cheeses like mozzarella balls, provolone, and parmesan with marinated artichoke hearts, marcona almonds, and pepperoni.
Store all items (except crunchy ingredients like nuts and crackers) wrapped tightly in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also prepare ingredients ahead of time and assemble just before serving.
More Keto Appetizer Recipes
It doesn’t take much to make an impressive keto appetizer! Try these other ideas:
Tools To Make Keto Charcuterie Board
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – The best charcuterie meat! They’re shelf-stable and made from the highest-quality ingredients… in 5 flavors!
- Serving Boards – The classic way to serve charcuterie. Get a small or large one.
- Small Bowls – Use them to add more contrast and visual interest to your board.
- Serving Utensils – Make it easier to serve items.
Keto Charcuterie Board
Keto Charcuterie Board
It's easy to make a keto charcuterie board! Learn about the best low carb charcuterie board ingredients, ideas, and how to assemble it to look beautiful.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the cheeses in a few different areas on a cutting board (I have this one, which is the perfect size for this charcuterie recipe). Brie works well kept in a wheel and sliced into wedges. Hard, semi-hard, and semi-soft cheeses, like cheddar and manchego, can be sliced and then fanned out.
Place the olives and mini dill pickles in small bowls and place on the board.
Slice the beef sticks into thirds and place in piles on different areas of the board.
Add the flaxseed crackers in a few places on the board and fan out.
Arrange the berries in any larger empty areas.
Fill in any remaining blank areas with nuts.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our free low carb support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1/12 of the large board
Nutrition info is based on the cheeses, berries, and nuts listed above, and may vary with other types.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Beautiful presentation. What Brie brands do people like?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Karey, I don’t have a preferred brand, I just go with what I can find in the grocery store.
Such a colorful and appealing display! Perfect for our Christmas Eve festivities!
We love charcuterie boards. There is something for everyone and you can mix and match just about anything you want on them. So fun to put together too!
Great idea!! I need to add a keto board this year! I love everything on there!
This was seriously the best and most helpful article I have found! I have been wanting to make a keto board for family gatherings but felt overwhelmed with where to start. This had all the info I needed! Thank you!
What a great spread & healthier!! Love the options this charcuterie brings!
Wow, this charcuterie is just amazing! You don’t even notice that it’s keto, it has so many delicious things on it!
This is really amazing! I love everything on this board! So good!
The great thing about this yummy keto charcuterie is that no one even noticed it was keto! So delicious for everyone!