This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
When cooking appetizers for a party, I like to make a lot of cold apps and just one or two warm ones. The nice thing about cold appetizers is that you don’t have to time them perfectly. If people get there a little later, or just want to nibble throughout the party, they’ll still taste just as good! A smoked salmon platter is the perfect solution.
The only thing better would have to be a smoked salmon platter of cucumber bites. When it comes to easy cold appetizers, they are among my favorites. They are so quick and easy!
These beauties are another flashback to my daughter’s first birthday party last month. It was one of the simplest things I made for the party, but I loved them so much that I knew I had to post them anyway. The natural sweetness of cucumbers, saltiness of smoked salmon, fresh dill aroma, and tartness of Greek yogurt all go together incredibly well.
The smoked salmon platter recipe requires only five ingredients, and no cooking at all. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
My only advice with this smoked salmon appetizer recipe is do not make it too far in advance. The cucumbers will release moisture as they sit, so you’ll end up with a soggy mess. I made that mistake with some of the apps for the birthday party, and they just weren’t the same without the fresh cucumber crunch. Other than that, there is virtually no way you can go wrong with these.
These smoked salmon cucumber appetizers are perfect not only as party apps, but also as a snack or even a light lunch. For a lunch option, you could slice the cucumbers lengthwise to make longer boats instead of the small slices. Either way, they will be fantastic for the upcoming summer months. When it gets really hot outside and you don’t feel like cooking, cold appetizers like these are the best.
Tools To Make Low Carb Salmon Cucumber Bites:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Whisk – This stainless steel whisk is dishwasher safe and great for whisking together the Greek yogurt mixture that’s used to top this cucumber appetizer recipe.
- Platter – You will need to serve your salmon cucumber bites on a platter. This one is the perfect size to use when entertaining.
Smoked Salmon Platter Cucumber Bites (Low Carb, Gluten-free):
Pin it to save for later!
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites (Low Carb, Gluten-free)
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 large English cucumber (sliced)
- 8 ounces Smoked salmon (sliced thinly and cut into pieces the same size as the cucumber slices)
- 1/2 cup Full-fat Greek yogurt (or softened whipped cream cheese for lower carb)
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp Garlic salt
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, fresh dill, and garlic salt.
- Arrange the cucumber slices in a single layer on a platter. Spoon a dollop of Greek yogurt onto each cucumber slice, then top with smoked salmon. Garnish with additional dill if desired.
Serving size: ~4 slices, or 1/8 of entire recipe
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!