This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
My friend showed me how to make these cream cheese stuffed mini peppers last year, and I’ve been obsessed ever since. They’re healthy, delicious, and equally perfect for lunch boxes, appetizers, or healthy snacks. These remind me of jalapeño poppers, but without the heat.
Sprinkle the stuffed mini sweet peppers with some everything bagel seasoning or your favorite seasoning blends (taco seasoning is so good!) for a burst of flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
- Crunchy peppers, creamy cheese
- Just 3 ingredients
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- So many ways to customize
- Naturally healthy, low carb, keto, and gluten-free
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for stuffed mini sweet peppers, what each one does, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Mini Bell Peppers – I choose a variety pack that contains different colors (red, orange, and yellow), but any color works. If you like heat, you can even swap these with jalapeño peppers instead.
- Cream Cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese for best flavor. You can also experiment with other savory cream cheese flavors, such as smoked salmon or garlic herb, OR make those flavors yourself by stirring in lox, minced garlic or garlic powder, fresh herbs, etc.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – These stuffed mini bell peppers are best with some everything bagel seasoning to give it extra flavor. (Other flavor ideas below.)
How To Make Stuffed Mini Peppers
This section shows how to make cream cheese stuffed mini sweet peppers with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Slice. Cut the peppers in half. Remove the ribs and seeds.
- Fill. Fill the pepper halves with cream cheese — or any other dip or filling you like.
Tips for making variations:
- See variations below for other fillings ideas.
- If your filling has multiple components, mix them in a bowl first.
- If you want warm stuffed mini peppers, add the filling and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F, until the peppers are soft and filling is hot.
- Sprinkle. Top with everything seasoning for the classic version, or complimentary fresh herbs if your filling already has different flavors in it.
- Italian Sausage – Mix together cooked and crumbled Italian sausage with cream cheese (and maybe a dash of Italian seasoning), add to the peppers, and top with mozzarella. Bake until tender.
- Grilled – Stuff mini peppers with cream cheese, ranch crack dip, or buffalo chicken dip, and grill until the peppers are tender and the stuffing mixture is hot.
- Warm Goat Cheese – Stuff peppers with goat cheese and bake at 425 degrees F oven until cheese is soft and hot.
- Caramelized Onion – Spoon caramelized onion dip inside the peppers and top with a sprinkle of thyme or chives.
- Crab – Scoop cold crab dip inside the peppers and serve cold.
- Spinach Artichoke – Make stuffed peppers with spinach artichoke dip, transfer to a baking dish, and bake until hot and melty.
- Jalapeño Popper – You can make any of these flavors with jalapeños instead of sweet peppers, but for the classic flavor combo, you’ll need jalapeño peppers, cream cheese, cooked bacon, green onions, and cheddar cheese. Follow my recipes for regular jalapeño poppers or air fryer jalapeño poppers.
- Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Meal Prep: You can easily meal prep these a few days ahead, which is perfect for bento box lunches. However, if you like your peppers extra crisp, you can cut the peppers in advance but add the filling right before serving.
- Freeze: It’s not recommended for the cold stuffed mini peppers, but you can freeze cooked varieties for 2-3 months. Raw ones won’t work because the freezing process ruins the texture.
More Healthy Cold Appetizer Recipes
If you like these cold cream cheese stuffed mini peppers, you might also like some of these other cold appetizers:
Easy Stuffed Mini Peppers Appetizer Recipe
Stuffed Mini Peppers (3 Ingredients, 10 Min!)
Cream cheese stuffed mini peppers make the best quick snack or appetizer, with endless options! Just 10 minutes and 3 ingredients for the basic version.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Cut the mini bell peppers in half and remove the seeds.
Fill the pepper halves with cream cheese. Sprinkle with everything seasoning.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 4-6 stuffed mini bell peppers, or 1/4 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Can you heat the pepers up in the oven or air fryer at all. If so what do I set it on & for how long.
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Jill, I have never tried to heat these peppers before, but if you do, please let me know the results.
Looks so good!
I absolutely LOVE this recipe. Made it for my family and they all love it too!!
So so SO delicious and easy to make. I’ve already made them twice in 4 days, this will be a staple in our home both for us and when we have guests. Thank you so much 🥯🌶🥯🌶
What a delicious little snack! I love how easy these peppers are to make!
Lauren Michael Harris0
I love these little mini peppers. They are such an easy, fun snack to make and even the kids will eat them! Much better than cookies after school!
These are such a great party appetizer idea, making my mouth water!😋🥰 Super simple, colorful, probably uber aromatic! Well done!😋🥰
This is the perfect recipe to me because of how quick, simple, and easy to make it is. Seems like a tasty snack everyone will enjoy.
I’m out of cream cheese, can I make these with goat cheese?
Maya | Wholesome Yum0
Hi Sue, Yes, definitely!
I love stuffed mini peppers. I loved your version seems like my weekend plan is set 🙂
This recipe on it’s own is amazing but I just read your variation suggestions and I’m drooling of your idea of adding crab dip to this recipe!!
I love that these can be used as an easy snack but they’re cute enough for a party app too!
These mini peppers were an instant hit with my family and got eaten in no time!
Great recipe! Super simple and delicious!
This is my fav snack! Love how cute they are and tasty, too!
I live in México and can’t get everything bagel seasoning. What else could I use ?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Cherie, Any savory seasoning you prefer would work well on this dish.
Anything with Everything Seasoning is delish! 😉 These were really a hit!
I needed an appetizer for a recent get-together and made the variation of this recipe for Mini Stuffed Peppers with Italian sausage. The whole tray disappeared within minutes. SO GOOD!
I love that this recipe is so simple and can be made ahead. I will add this to next weeks meal plans. Thanks for sharing.
These stuffed pepper with cream is so perfectly cool and amazing. They love it.
These stuffed mini peppers are the perfect snack for when you want something super tasty and easy to make.
Wholesome Yum A0
These stuffed peppers were so good! I just loved how creamy they were, and the everything bagel seasoning added the best flavor.
Fabulous n simple.
I could snack on these all day long!! They are great for entertaining or for snacking by myself! YUM!
Who knew that three ingredients could be make such a tasty snack? My whole family LOVES these stuffed mini peppers, from kids to adults. They’re flavorful, wholesome, and quick and easy to make!
These peppers are SO good! Filled with cream cheese, oh my goodness. Loved them!!
These were absolutely PERFECT! I needed something quick and easy for a friend’s house and everyone LOVED them. Thank you!