This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
My friend showed me how to make these cream cheese stuffed mini peppers last year, and I’ve been obsessed ever since. They’re healthy, delicious, and equally perfect for lunch boxes, appetizers, or healthy snacks. These remind me of jalapeño poppers, but without the heat.
Sprinkle the stuffed mini sweet peppers with some everything bagel seasoning or your favorite seasoning blends (taco seasoning is so good!) for a burst of flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
- Crunchy peppers, creamy cheese
- Just 3 ingredients
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- So many ways to customize
- Naturally healthy, low carb, keto, and gluten-free
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for stuffed mini sweet peppers, what each one does, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Mini Bell Peppers – I choose a variety pack that contains different colors (red, orange, and yellow), but any color works. If you like heat, you can even swap these with jalapeño peppers instead.
- Cream Cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese for best flavor. You can also experiment with other savory cream cheese flavors, such as smoked salmon or garlic herb, OR make those flavors yourself by stirring in lox, minced garlic or garlic powder, fresh herbs, etc.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – These stuffed mini bell peppers are best with some everything bagel seasoning to give it extra flavor. (Other flavor ideas below.)
How To Make Stuffed Mini Peppers
This section shows how to make cream cheese stuffed mini sweet peppers with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Slice. Cut the peppers in half. Remove the ribs and seeds.
- Fill. Fill the pepper halves with cream cheese — or any other dip or filling you like.
Tips for making variations:
- See variations below for other fillings ideas.
- If your filling has multiple components, mix them in a bowl first.
- If you want warm stuffed mini peppers, add the filling and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F, until the peppers are soft and filling is hot.
- Sprinkle. Top with everything seasoning for the classic version, or complimentary fresh herbs if your filling already has different flavors in it.
- Italian Sausage – Mix together cooked and crumbled Italian sausage with cream cheese (and maybe a dash of Italian seasoning), add to the peppers, and top with mozzarella. Bake until tender.
- Grilled – Stuff mini peppers with cream cheese, ranch crack dip, or buffalo chicken dip, and grill until the peppers are tender and the stuffing mixture is hot.
- Warm Goat Cheese – Stuff peppers with goat cheese and bake at 425 degrees F oven until cheese is soft and hot.
- Caramelized Onion – Spoon caramelized onion dip inside the peppers and top with a sprinkle of thyme or chives.
- Crab – Scoop cold crab dip inside the peppers and serve cold.
- Spinach Artichoke – Make stuffed peppers with spinach artichoke dip, transfer to a baking dish, and bake until hot and melty.
- Jalapeño Popper – You can make any of these flavors with jalapeños instead of sweet peppers, but for the classic flavor combo, you’ll need jalapeño peppers, cream cheese, cooked bacon, green onions, and cheddar cheese. Follow my recipes for regular jalapeño poppers or air fryer jalapeño poppers.
- Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Meal Prep: You can easily meal prep these a few days ahead, which is perfect for bento box lunches. However, if you like your peppers extra crisp, you can cut the peppers in advance but add the filling right before serving.
- Freeze: It’s not recommended for the cold stuffed mini peppers, but you can freeze cooked varieties for 2-3 months. Raw ones won’t work because the freezing process ruins the texture.
More Healthy Cold Appetizer Recipes
If you like these cold cream cheese stuffed mini peppers, you might also like some of these other cold appetizers:
Easy Stuffed Mini Peppers Appetizer Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers (10 Min!)
Cream cheese stuffed mini peppers make the best quick snack or appetizer, with endless options! Just 10 minutes and 3 ingredients for the basic version.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Cut the mini bell peppers in half and remove the seeds.
Fill the pepper halves with cream cheese. Sprinkle with everything seasoning.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 4-6 stuffed mini bell peppers, or 1/4 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂