FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I had a major Italian comfort food craving… lasagna specifically. But I wanted it to be a little simpler, and you know, a little lower in carbs. Lasagna stuffed peppers it is! This keto stuffed peppers recipe will fill that comfort food craving in a light and healthy way! And I think you’ll love it as much as we do. 🙂 These low carb stuffed peppers are packed with layers of meat sauce, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
Italian food is perfect for a gluten-free, lower-carb, and keto makeover, don’t you think? You can get SO much flavor, without the carbs. And these keto stuffed bell peppers are the perfect example of that.
Of course, my top priority with my easy stuffed peppers idea was how to keep it simple, without too many ingredients. Making your own marinara sauce is delicious, so if you have the time to do it for this recipe, by all means go for it. But I’ll be the first to admit, there is definitely something to be said for convenience foods that help make meals come together quickly! Fortunately, marinara is the kind of thing that can be store bought without having weird or artificial ingredients in it – just watch for no added sugar or preservatives.
My goal was to make my gluten-free, low carb lasagna stuffed peppers with all the comfort and deliciousness of lasagna, but without the carbs or complicated steps. Don’t be intimidated by the long cooking duration. Most of it is totally hands off. Once you’ve made the meat sauce, layer it along with ricotta and shredded mozzarella inside your bell peppers, then bake.
The result is pure comfort food, minus the carbs and totally gluten-free. It totally satisfies the need for lasagna. No noodles required! 😉
How To Make Keto Stuffed Peppers
- Make the meat sauce. Brown the ground beef then add in the marinara and Italian seasoning. Let the stuffed peppers keto filling simmer a bit.
- Prepare the peppers. Chop off the top of the peppers and scoop the seeds out.
TIP: If the peppers are wobbly when you stand them upright, slice a tiny bit off of the bottom so that they will stand up.
- Assemble your easy keto stuffed peppers. Layer meat sauce into the bottom of the peppers, then add ricotta cheese, and shredded mozzarella on top. Repeat with the layers until peppers are filled to the top, with mozzarella being the top layer.
- Bake. Your keto stuffed bell peppers are done when the cheese is melted and golden brown, which will take about 40 minutes.
Are Stuffed Peppers Keto Friendly?
Yes, these no carb stuffed peppers are definitely keto friendly! At just 8 grams net carbs per stuffed pepper, they make a great keto dinner option.
Can You Make Lasagna Stuffed Peppers Ahead?
Yes, you can make lasagna stuffed peppers ahead of time. There are a couple options:
- Make the lasagna meat sauce and cheese mixture ahead. When you are ready to eat, you just need to layer and bake the low carb stuffed peppers.
- Bake the keto friendly stuffed peppers, cool and store in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or stove when you are ready to eat.
Can You Freeze This Keto Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Yes, and this keto stuffed peppers recipe freezes quite well! Simply cool them down and freeze. You can wrap them individually with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or wrap the entire casserole container up well and freeze.
The low carb stuffed bell peppers will last about 2-3 months in the freezer. When you are ready to eat them, reheat in a 350 degree F oven until hot.
What To Serve With Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
One thing that I love about this keto stuffed bell pepper recipe is that there are already veggies included! But sometimes you want a little extra on the side. 😉 I love serving it with a low carb salad, here are some side ideas for keto friendly stuffed peppers:
- Chopped Mediterranean Salad – This dressing is SO flavorful. It’s a bright addition to any meal.
- Italian Marinated Artichoke Salad – The flavors of this salad pair perfectly with this keto stuffed peppers recipe.
- Zucchini Noodle Salad – If you love a crunchy salad, this one is for you!
- Low Carb Garlic Bread – Turns out you can get extra veggies in garlic bread form. It’s the best of both worlds. 🙂
More Low Carb Stuffed Peppers Recipes
- Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers – A low carb twist on the favorite bar snack.
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Stuffed Peppers – Everyone loves this flavor combo!
- Paleo Stuffed Peppers – Try this recipe with low carb stuffed green peppers or red ones!
- Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole – Swap the rice with cauliflower rice to keep it low carb.
- Fajita Whole30 Stuffed Peppers – Try out Mexican flavors in your next low carb stuffed pepper recipe!
Tools To Make Low Carb Keto Stuffed Peppers:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Paring Knife – Your lasagna stuffed peppers need to be cut with precision, and this knife makes it easy.
- Ceramic Nonstick Chef Pan – I love these white pans. No sticking and they clean up easily!
- Baking Casserole Dish – Your low carb peppers will stand out in this white baking dish.
Keto Low Carb Lasagna Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Low Carb Keto Lasagna Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This low carb keto stuffed peppers recipe is the best kind of comfort food! Layers of meat sauce and cheese fill lasagna stuffed peppers for easy low carb lasagna with just 7 ingredients.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
To prepare the meat sauce, heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the ground beef. Cook until browned (about 10 minutes), breaking apart the meat with a spoon or spatula.
Stir in marinara sauce and Italian seasoning. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes while preheating the oven and preparing the peppers.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone mat.
- To prepare the peppers, chop off the tops and scoop out the seeds and ribs inside. Slice a tiny layer off the bottoms (without making a hole if possible) so that the peppers are stable standing upright.
To assemble the lasagna cups, layer 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 mL) each of meat sauce, ricotta cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese inside the bell peppers. (You'll want a little more meat sauce compared to the other two layers.) Repeat until peppers are filled to the top, with mozzarella being the top layer.
Place the peppers on the lined baking sheet and tent with aluminum foil, making sure the foil is not touching the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 10 more minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Nutrition facts are based on whole milk ricotta and 85/15 ground beef.
Serving size: 1 stuffed bell pepper
Video Showing How To Make Lasagna Stuffed Peppers:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Lasagna Stuffed Peppers!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂