This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This cauliflower lasagna is the perfect blend of comfort food and nutrition! It’s brimming with layers of crisp-tender cauliflower lasagna noodles, rich ground beef and marinara, and gooey melted cheese. I told you this ground beef and cauliflower is comfort food at its finest! In the middle of the cold winter months, keto lasagna with cauliflower is a staple meal at our house.
And of course, even though traditional lasagnas take a lot of time to put together, this ground beef cauliflower casserole is easy to throw together. You can easily eyeball the quantities or be off on the timing, and it doesn’t matter if you estimate this or that. It will still turn out amazing. The ingredients are very simple and versatile, and you probably have most of them on hand. Just how I like it. 🙂
Cauliflower noodle lasagna is pretty flexible as well and you can make substitutions if you need to. Ground chicken or turkey works just fine instead of the beef. And if you have some other veggies on hand, they can stand in for the cauliflower. (For the record, in my opinion the cauliflower is the best, but you can swap it out if you must.)
This cauliflower lasagna recipe was originally published in February 2016 and was updated in October 2019.
What Is Keto Lasagna?
My keto lasagna takes all of the hearty and comforting flavors of traditional lasagna, but… it’s lasagna with cauliflower instead of noodles! Smart, right? Just like low carb keto chili, there’s no need to add additional starchy ingredients.
How To Make Cauliflower Lasagna
- Roast cauliflower. In order for our cauliflower noodles to taste great, we roast them BEFORE we assemble the beef and cauliflower casserole.
TIP: If you’re picturing cauliflower lasagna noodles as actual sheets, you can make those using this cauliflower pizza crust recipe. However, I think it’s unnecessary and roasted cauliflower is just as delicious!
- Make sauce. Cook some onions in a skillet, then add ground beef, garlic, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and half of the fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper and to taste.
- Assemble the cauliflower lasagna keto layers. Layer the cauliflower lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking dish, top with tomato meat sauce and a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the roasted cauliflower lasagna. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese bubbles.
- Garnish and serve. Top with thinly sliced basil ribbons and dig into your cauliflower beef casserole.
Is Lasagna Keto Friendly?
Most traditional lasagnas would NOT be considered keto-friendly as they are made with pasta noodles!
This version is made with cauliflower lasagna noodles, which means it’s grain-free, gluten-free, low carb, and keto. It still has all of the hearty and comfort of a traditional lasagna, but without the carbs.
How Many Carbs In Keto Lasagna with Cauliflower?
This keto lasagna with cauliflower has just 10 grams of net carbs per serving. Not bad for an entire meal!
Can You Make Ground Beef And Cauliflower Lasagna Noodles Ahead?
Yes, this ground beef and cauliflower lasagna can be made ahead of time! You can assemble the entire cauliflower noodle lasagna and bake right before serving, or prep some of the components separately so that the day-of, you can assemble and bake!
Roast the cauliflower pasta noodles and set aside and make the meat sauce. Refrigerate the components until you’re ready to assemble and then bake. It’s the perfect meal to make ahead!
How To Freeze Ground Beef Cauliflower Casserole
If you’re looking for low carb recipes with ground beef and cauliflower, AND a comfort meal that’s freezer friendly, you’ll want to save this low carb cauliflower casserole recipe. I’ve done it a few times and it works perfectly!
If you line the pan with foil before cooking, you can just freeze it right in the pan. Then, once it’s hardened, take it out by grabbing the foil edges. Wrap the top in more foil, and finish with plastic wrap.
The wrapping will avoid freezer burn, and the foil means you can throw it in the oven straight from the freezer – so convenient! Bake until it’s hot.
More Keto Lasagna Recipes
If you like cauliflower lasagna, check out how I use other veggies to make keto lasagna:
- Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna – This uses thin strips of zucchini for the noodles and pesto sauce for the filling.
- Keto Eggplant Lasagna – Similar to the zucchini one, but using eggplant instead and classic marinara.
- Lasagna Stuffed Peppers – Stuff some lasagna layers inside bell peppers.
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats – All the flavors of lasagna, in the form of keto pasta!
More Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Recipes
Whether you are low carb, keto, or just love to eat lots of veggies, cauliflower is an important part of any diet!
- How To Make Cauliflower Rice – The must-have staple. So many ways to eat and enjoy this recipe!
- Keto Mashed Potato Cauliflower – The creamiest and best mashed cauliflower! Top it with sauteed chicken, steak, or serve it as a side.
- Cheesy Low Carb Cauliflower Tots – All of these cauliflower recipes are delicious, but this may be the most fun!
- Cauliflower Hummus – This will fool anyone, tastes just like real hummus without the carbs.
Tools To Make Ground Beef Cauliflower Casserole
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Casserole Dish – These glass casserole dishes are a staple to have in your kitchen, but also this ground beef cauliflower casserole. 🙂
- Skillet – These are my favorite skillets, and they are perfect for this delicious cauliflower ground beef recipe. These are nonstick and gives you two sizes to choose from.
- Spatula – This silicone utensil set has the ideal spatula for this recipe. Plus, it won’t scratch your cookware.
Keto Cauliflower Lasagna Recipe
Keto Ground Beef Cauliflower Lasagna Recipe
See how to make keto lasagna with cauliflower! This cauliflower lasagna recipe is made with cauliflower lasagna noodles, layers of ground beef marinara, and gooey cheese.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Lightly grease a round 9 in (23 cm) or square 9x9 in (23x23 cm) casserole dish (line with foil if desired).
Toss the cauliflower with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, cook the onion in a skillet for 8-10 minutes over medium-low heat, until translucent and slightly browned.
Add the ground beef. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
Stir in the garlic, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and half of the fresh basil. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes, until heated through.
Pour the tomato meat sauce over the cauliflower. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese bubbles. Top with the remaining fresh basil ribbons.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition info will vary slightly depending on the brand of marinara sauce.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂