This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Garrett Valley Farms. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
While there are lots of homemade crusts you can make that are low carb (this keto pizza crust is the most popular!), it’s even easier to make pizza in a bowl. No need to fuss with a crust. This keto pizza bowl recipe has all the delicious elements of pizza, with none of the extra carbs from a flour crust — it’s a cauliflower pizza bowl instead!
It’s easy to make recipes more keto friendly when you get high-quality ingredients. For the best Hawaiian flavors on my pizza, I chose Garrett Valley Farms Canadian style bacon. Unlike others that contain ingredients like corn syrup, nitrates, or preservatives this one is squeaky clean, humanely raised, and makes the very best keto friendly pizza bowl! Try these clean meats in my recipes for pigs in a blanket, bacon wrapped hot dogs, and kielbasa and sauerkraut, too.
Find Garrett Valley Farms Meats Near You
What Is A Pizza Bowl?
A pizza in a bowl combines pizza toppings in a bowl or dish with a crust alternative at the bottom, usually in the form of ground meat or vegetables. It’s an easy way to cut down the carbs in traditional pizza!
A Marco’s pizza bowl is one of the most popular restaurant options for this kind of meal, but it’s so easy to make one at home that tastes even better.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Pizza Bowl Recipe
- Tastes like pizza without the carbs
- Cheesy comfort food
- Get your veggies in
- Lets you enjoy pineapple on keto in a small amount
- Easy to customize
- Super simple to make
- Takes just 20 minutes
Ingredients For Pizza In A Bowl
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for pizza in a bowl, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Garrett Valley Farms Canadian Style Bacon – The best Canadian style bacon makes the best pizza in a bowl! This one is made with premium pork loin and delicately seasoned.
- Garrett Valley Farms Sugar Free Dry Rubbed Bacon – This is the best sugar free bacon, and adds a crispy texture on top of the pizza. You’ll need to cook it before adding it to the pizza — I recommend the oven bacon method.
- Pineapple tidbits – Yes, pineapple can be keto in small amounts! You can always omit, but this ingredient makes it a true Hawaiian pizza recipe.
- Cauliflower – This makes the bottom “crust” for the pizza. If you prefer, you can replace the roasted cauliflower florets with cauliflower rice instead. Cooked ground beef or Italian sausage should work as well, which is what I do in my skillet crustless pizza recipe.
- Marinara sauce – Find one with lower carbs and no added sugar.
- Mozzarella cheese – I used part skim here, but fresh mozzarella will work too.
- Olive oil – Avocado oil works as well.
- Salt & pepper
How To Make A Pizza Bowl
This section shows how to make a low carb pizza bowl with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep cauliflower. Toss cauliflower with oil and seasonings.
- Roast. Remove when cauliflower is browned and tender.
- Assemble. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and layer with roasted cauliflower florets, marinara, mozzarella, Canadian bacon, more cheese, crumbled bacon, and pineapple tidbits.
TIP: Feel free to double the size of your pizza bowls. These make a light meal that goes well alongside a salad. For a full meal, make it in larger ramekins and double all the ingredients except the pineapple – keep that the same so that carbs aren’t too high.
- Bake. Return to the oven until bowls are hot and cheese melts.
Just like regular pizza, this crustless pizza bowl recipe is so easy to customize. Try these flavor combos:
- Classic pepperoni – Replace the Canadian bacon, bacon, and pineapple with pepperoni.
- White pizza – Use alfredo sauce instead of marinara, and shredded chicken, red onion, and halved cherry tomatoes for the toppings.
- Meat lover’s – Try a combo of pepperoni, cooked sausage, Canadian bacon, and crumbled bacon for the topping layers.
- Barbecue chicken – Swap red sauce for keto barbecue sauce, then top with cooked chicken, chopped red onion, cilantro, and a combo of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses,
- Spinach feta – Layer alfredo sauce, steamed spinach, and a combination of feta, provolone, and mozzarella cheeses.
- Chicken bacon ranch – Swap red sauce for ranch dressing and top with cooked chicken, bacon bits, and diced tomatoes.
- To meal prep: Assemble pizza bowls and don’t bake. Store in the fridge until ready to bake.
- To reheat: Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F, or 450 degrees F if not previously baked. You can also microwave it.
- To freeze: You can freeze a no crust pizza bowl after assembling it, either before or after cooking.
More Keto Pizza Recipes
There are so many ways to have pizza on keto that fits your macros. If you like the idea of a cauliflower pizza bowl, you’ll love these too:
Tools To Make a Cauliflower Pizza Bowl
- Ramekins – These are the perfect size for these small pizza bowls.
- Baking Sheet – I use this for everything, it’s super durable.
Easy Hawaiian Pizza Bowl Recipe
Hawaiian Keto Pizza Bowl Recipe
Skip the crust and make keto pizza in a bowl instead. This easy cauliflower pizza bowl recipe tastes like Hawaiian pizza (+ 6 other flavor options!), in less time and fewer carbs.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C).
In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until tender and browned on the edges. When done, leave the oven on.
Place four 8-ounce oven safe ramekins on a baking sheet. Layer each ramekin with these ingredients in this order: 1/4 of the roasted cauliflower florets, 1 tablespoon marinara, 2 tablespoons mozzarella, 1/4 of the Canadian bacon pieces, 1 tablespoon mozzarella, 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon, and 1 tablespoon pineapple tidbits.
Place the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and pizza bowls are hot.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 pizza bowl
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
This is so good I’m on my 2nd round. I used an extra tbsp of sauce on each and a birds eye cauliflower roasters. Really good you can’t go wrong with this if you like pizza.
I love anything that makes me feel like I’m eating pizza without the added calories and carbs. I especially love that you used roasted cauliflower and not just plain cauliflower rice.
Enriqueta E Lemoine0
This keto pizza bowl is simply genius, I’m just waiting for my pineapple to get ripe to make these bowls. Yummy for my tummy!
This is a great idea of how to make pizza flavors healthy and in one bowl! Cannot wait to try this recipe!
Ahhhh…who would have thought this pizza bowl is actually delicious and keto-friendly! Best of all, I can enjoy this all summer long
All the flavors that I love about Hawaiian pizza but I’m still on track! Love this one.
This is such a great way to satisfy a pizza craving without all the carbs! And who doesn’t love pineapple 🙂 Thanks for the recipe!
I love pineapple pizza but always feel a tad guilty! I can’t wait to try this pizza bowl… what a genius low carb option!!
Who needs the crust, when this tastes so good?! Loved the cauliflower in it. What a great way to use it!
Wow, what flavor this bowl has and thanks for all the variations you gave, that is so helpful. I really like the cauliflower version,
Wow, this is delicious!! Love all the ingredients together! My new favorite way to eat pizza!
Great idea! This bowl has all of my favourite pizza flavours, yes even the pineapple!!
Full of flavor and simple to prepare, this recipe is a keeper!
This Keto Pizza Bowl is full of all the flavors that I love! I love that you get the same taste of a delicious pizza without the calories of a traditional pizza.
It was delicous, love this pizza bowl.
Loved it! If you are looking for a low carb pizza recipe, give this a try.
What a clever idea! I loved this. All the flavors of a Hawaiian pizza but with low carb, healthy ingredients.