This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I’ve been making air fryer bacon ever since I got my air fryer a few years ago, but recently I tried turkey bacon in the air fryer for the first time… and it was amazing! I was really surprised by how crispy and delicious it turned out. If you’re looking for a lighter alternative to traditional pork, air fryer turkey bacon is a great option to try.
Cooking air fryer recipes is a great way to whip up some quick proteins. Although I’m used to cooking up main dishes like crispy air fryer chicken wings, air fryer sausage, air fryer chicken legs, air fryer lamb chops, or air fryer salmon, this little appliance is just perfect for turkey bacon!
Can You Cook Turkey Bacon In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook this bacon in an air fryer! In fact, it’s one of the quickest and easiest ways to cook up a delicious batch of this breakfast staple.
Choosing Turkey Bacon
- Cured Vs. Uncured – I suggest opting for nitrate free uncured turkey bacon slices. It is leaner, packs more protein, and has slightly less sodium than others. However, this method works with any turkey bacon you like.
- Fillers – Turkey bacon is made from ground turkey meat, but some brands also add fillers, sugar, or other ingredients. Be sure to read the label carefully to make sure you are getting a product that fits your lifestyle.
- Flavor – Like pork bacon, turkey bacon comes in a variety of flavors, from traditional smoked to maple or applewood-smoked. Choose a flavor to complement your meal.
How To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make turkey bacon in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Arrange. After preheating the air fryer, place turkey bacon strips in the air fryer basket in a single layer, without overlapping. (Cook in batches if necessary, but don’t crowd the pieces in the basket.)
- Air fry. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip. Turn the bacon onto the other side and spread out to ensure the pieces are not touching.
- Air fry again. Continue cooking until crispy.
TIP: Don’t overcook!
The bacon will crisp up more as it cools, so even if it doesn’t seem crispy enough, don’t overcook it.
How Long To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Air Fryer?
Air fry turkey bacon for 4 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until crispy.
- Store: Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Reheat: Warm leftovers in the microwave on a paper towel. You can also reheat turkey bacon in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
Can You Freeze Cooked Turkey Bacon?
Yes, you can freeze cooked turkey bacon. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Ways to Use Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Now that you know how to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer, here’s how to use it up.
- Breakfast – Eggs are a classic choice and you have lots of options: Baked eggs, fried eggs, coddled eggs, a perfect omelette, or even an egg casserole. If you want something different, try coconut flour pancakes or peanut butter overnight oats.
- Appetizers – You can easily swap bacon for turkey bacon in healthy appetizer recipes like deviled eggs with bacon, spicy jalapeno poppers, and crack dip.
- Vegetables – Vegetable recipes like brussels sprouts au gratin, Southern fried cabbage, broccoli cauliflower salad, and zucchini noodle salad could all use some crispy turkey bacon.
- Mains – Main dishes like ranch chicken, bacon cheeseburger soup, or chicken bacon ranch casserole that use cooked bacon can easily use air fryer turkey bacon instead.
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
Are you an air fryer fan? If so, you’re going to love these recipes! Here are some of my other favorites:
- Air Fryer – The best air fryer with plenty of space in the basket.
Crispy Turkey Bacon In The Air Fryer
Turkey Bacon In The Air Fryer (Fast & Crispy!)
Learn how to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes! It's easy, healthy, and the perfect addition to your breakfast.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F (199 degrees C) for 5 minutes.
Add 5-6 slices of bacon to the air fryer basket in a single layer, without overlapping (or just barely at most).
Cook turkey bacon in the air fryer for 4 minutes.
Flip the bacon and spread out to ensure the pieces are not touching (they will have shrunk a bit from their original size). Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, until crispy. (Bacon will crisp up more as it cools.)
Repeat steps 2-3 with the remaining bacon.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 2 slices
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂