FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This keto broccoli salad recipe with bacon is the perfect salad to make ahead or take to parties! My low carb broccoli salad is a favorite in the summer months while it’s hot, but it’s also great for parties or weeknight meals as it comes together quickly and can be made ahead… because it gets even better with age! But beyond the convenience, this hearty broccoli bacon salad also has incredible flavor.
Don’t get me wrong – light salads filled with greens definitely have their place. But when you want something more substantial, this broccoli bacon cheese salad is your answer. It has just the right amount of richness and flavor, while still feeling light and full of fresh ingredients. It’s truly the best of both worlds.
This easy keto broccoli salad recipe with bacon and cheese was originally published on July 6, 2016, and updated in November 2019 with additional tips and pictures.
How To Make Keto Broccoli Salad
This easy low carb broccoli salad with bacon and cheese comes together in a few simple steps and just 10 minutes.
Here’s how to make the best broccoli salad recipe:
- Mix up broccoli salad recipe keto ingredients. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, red onion, bacon bits, sunflower seeds, and cheddar cheese.
TIP #1: If you prefer softer or crisp-tender broccoli, you can blanch it first and let it cool before making broccoli salad.
TIP #2: If you prefer to make a paleo or dairy-free version, use shredded carrots instead of the cheddar cheese. The carb count will be a little higher, but still low carb overall. I love it both ways!
- Mix broccoli avocado salad dressing. Whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, white vinegar, garlic salt, powdered erythritol, and pepper until smooth.
TIP: The sweetener is optional, but will make this taste like a more traditional sweet broccoli salad. You’ll want powdered sweetener so that the dressing is not gritty.
- Mix together dressing and broccoli mixture. Stir the dressing into the vegetable mixture until well incorporated.
- Finish with avocado. Right before serving, gently fold in avocado.
Is Broccoli Salad Keto?
Yes, this easy keto broccoli salad is keto, like all the recipes on this site. However, many broccoli salad recipes have sugar added to the dressing.
How Many Carbs In Broccoli Salad With Bacon?
Each 3/4 cup serving of broccoli and avocado salad has just 5 grams of net carbs.
Can You Make Broccoli Bacon Salad Ahead?
Yes, you can definitely make this low carb broccoli salad recipe with bacon ahead of time.
What’s even better than a salad that you can throw together quickly? One that you can throw together in advance. Obviously.
Keto bacon broccoli salad is a great choice to make ahead. Without leafy greens to wilt or turn slimy, it easily keeps in the fridge for a week – or maybe even longer, but it never lasts that long at our house. In fact, refrigerating actually brings out the flavors!
TIP: Make sure that you add the avocado right before serving so that it doesn’t brown. If you’re serving it later for a party, you can always toss the avocado with citrus to keep it fresh.
More Keto Low Carb Salad Recipes
If you like this keto broccoli bacon salad, you might also like some of these other keto low carb salads:
- Chopped Keto Antipasto Salad – This chopped salad has all of the Italian flavors you love, without any of the carbs. It’s always a hit.
- BLT Stuffed Avocado Salad – Stuff your salad INSIDE an avocado half for a portable and super fun option.
- Low Carb Broccoli Cauliflower Salad – Another great broccoli bacon salad keto option. This one also has cauliflower and peppers.
- Broccoli Cranberry Salad – Obviously I love broccoli salads and this one has a sweet touch from the cranberries.
- Healthy Broccoli Salad – Simply swap the sugar with a sugar-free sweetener and use sugar-free dried cranberries.
Tools To Make Low Carb Broccoli Salad
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Nesting Bowls – These are the best bowls. There are plenty of sizes so that you can mix the keto friendly broccoli salad and the dressing and then easily combine the two.
- Avocado Saver – If you love avocados as much as we do, this is a necessity! It’s also super handy to add the avocado for this broccoli and bacon salad right before serving, so keep your avocado fresh!
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any extra broccoli salad recipe with bacon in these airtight containers.
Low Carb Keto Broccoli Salad Recipe With Bacon And Cheese:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Low Carb Keto Broccoli Salad Recipe With Bacon And Cheese
This KETO broccoli salad recipe with bacon, cheese, avocado and sweet creamy dressing takes just 10 minutes!. Low carb broccoli salad bursts with flavor and crunch. Perfect for meal prep, weeknights, holidays and more!
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Broccoli Salad Dressing:
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Mix broccoli, red onion, bacon bits, sunflower seeds, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk mayonnaise, olive oil, white vinegar, garlic salt, powdered erythritol and pepper until smooth. Stir the dressing into the vegetable mixture until well incorporated.
- Fold in the avocado right before serving.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Video Showing How To Make Broccoli Salad With Bacon And Cheese:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Broccoli Salad With Bacon And Cheese!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂