This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Garrett Valley Farms. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
These baked bacon wrapped hot dogs are delicious in a keto hot dog bun and your favorite condiments, but to be honest, they are also SO good all on their own. Let me show you how to make bacon wrapped hot dogs in the oven – this recipe takes minutes to prep and requires just 4 ingredients. It’s sure to become your new favorite.
Just like my kielbasa and sauerkraut and fried cabbage and sausage, these oven baked bacon wrapped hot dogs are made with Garret Valley Farms hot dogs AND bacon! I love their sausages and bacon because they are made from premium cuts of pork that are raised humanely and never given antibiotics. Plus, they are sugar-free and use natural ingredients.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Ingredients
This bacon wrapped hot dog recipe is made with just 4 ingredients:
- Garrett Valley Farms Sugar Free Grass Fed Hot Dogs
- Garrett Valley Farms Sugar Free Dry Rubbed Bacon
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Prep. Cut diagonal slits in each hot dog, about an inch apart.
- Wrap. Wrap bacon around hot dogs and secure with toothpicks on each end.
- Season. Sprinkle with garlic powder and chili powder.
- Bake. Place hot dogs on prepared baking sheet with rack on the top. Bake until bacon is crispy.
Baked Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs FAQs
Can you cook bacon wrapped hot dogs in the oven?
Yes, you can! While they are often cooked on a grill, you can also easily make them in the oven.
How long do you bake bacon wrapped hot dogs?
These hot dogs take about 15-20 minutes in the oven. You want to cook them until the bacon is crispy.
Where did bacon wrapped hot dogs originate?
Deep-fried bacon wrapped hot dogs were originally a street food sold in Mexico [*]. We’re making a better-for-you at-home version for you to try yourself.
Are bacon wrapped hot dogs keto?
Most bacon wrapped hot dogs are keto, but you’ll want to make sure that you are aware of any additional ingredients as sometimes bacon has added sugar, and hot dogs contain extra fillers.
This recipe is made with sugar-free bacon and cleaner hot dogs, and each serving has just 1 gram net carbs – definitely keto.
If you have leftover baked bacon wrapped hot dogs, store them in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat them in a hot skillet or the microwave until heated through.
You can also prep them ahead. Slice the hot dogs, wrap them in bacon, and season them. Then store in the refrigerator for up to a few days, until you’re ready to bake.
What To Serve With Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Keto Hot Dog Buns – The BEST keto hot dog buns, fluffy and light, just like the real ones!
- Sugar-Free Ketchup – Hot dogs definitely need some ketchup.
- Side dishes – Veggie sides like coleslaw, keto fries, creamy cauliflower potato salad, or roasted zucchini all pair well with the hot dogs.
- Pickles – My fave are my homemade sugar-free pickles.
Tools To Make Baked Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Garrett Valley Farms Sugar Free Grass Fed Hot Dogs & Sugar Free Dry Rubbed Bacon – Both delicious and free from added junk.
- Baking Sheet with Rack – In order to get the bacon crispy, you need to bake the hot dogs on a rack. You’ll also use this setup for baked bacon!
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs In The Oven
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs In The Oven
Learn how to make bacon wrapped hot dogs in the oven! This delicious, EASY baked bacon wrapped hot dogs recipe is ready in just 20 minutes.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Cut diagonal slits in each hot dog, about an inch apart. Wrap the bacon around the hot dogs and secure with toothpicks on each end.
Sprinkle the bacon wrapped hot dogs with garlic powder and chili powder.
Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs on the baking sheet fitted with the rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram - I'd love to see it!
Serving size: 1 bacon wrapped hot dog
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂