Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
Bacon wrapped recipes are a major favorite here at Wholesome Yum, and I love seared scallops. This time, I’ll show you how to cook bacon wrapped scallops in the oven! This delicious appetizer looks fancy, but is super easy. And who can resist scallops and bacon? When you pair them with my fave lemon butter sauce, I’d say these are the best bacon wrapped scallops ever. 😉
It’s always a big hit, but you don’t have to tell anyone how simple they are to make – much like other bacon wrapped recipes, like bacon wrapped asparagus, easy bacon wrapped shrimp, or bacon wrapped chicken. Just 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes to cook, and just 4 simple ingredients.
Scallops are fantastic on their own, but with bacon? Major upgrade. If you love bacon as much as I do, you’ll want to try some of my other bacon recipes like cheesy bacon ranch chicken, deviled eggs with bacon, wedge salads, and of course, learn how to make bacon in the oven so that you can have perfect bacon each and every time.
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Let me show you how to make bacon wrapped scallops – just a few easy steps:
- Assemble. Cut bacon slices in half and arrange on a cutting board. Place a scallop at the bottom and roll up so that the bacon wraps around the side of the scallop. Secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange. Place the scallops onto an oven-safe rack fitted over a baking sheet. Spread them out so they don’t touch.
- Bake. Broil the bacon wrapped scallops in the oven, flipping halfway through. Drizzle with lemon butter sauce right before serving if using.
TIP: Place the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler.
How long do you cook bacon wrapped scallops?
The exact cooking time will depend a little on the size of the scallops, but generally you will cook them for 5 minutes, flip, and then another 4-7 minutes.
If they are small, flip after 4 minutes and cook another 3-4 minutes.
Can you cook bacon wrapped scallops from frozen?
Yes, you can, but they cook more evenly if you don’t. I highly recommend letting your scallops thaw before cooking.
If you do want to cook bacon wrapped scallops from frozen, follow the same recipe using frozen scallops, and bake for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees, instead of broiling.
Can you make them ahead?
Scallops are best made fresh. Don’t add them to the lemon juice until right before broiling, as they will start cooking from the acid in the lemon juice.
How to store bacon wrapped scallops:
Store any leftover bacon wrapped scallops in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can bacon wrapped scallops be frozen?
Scallops are best to freeze before cooking them. Freeze in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet until frozen solid, and then transfer to a freezer bag. But unless you’re lucky enough to live on the coast where they are fresh, they are most often found frozen to begin with. Just wait to thaw them until the day before you’re ready to make this recipe.
Can bacon wrapped scallops be reheated?
Reheating scallops is not ideal, since they get a bit rubbery much like other seafood, but of course you can still reheat leftovers. Gently reheat the scallops in a hot skillet or under the broiler, just until hot.
What To Serve With Bacon Wrapped Scallops
These can be served as an appetizer, or turn them into a meal by adding a side. Here are some pairing ideas:
- Healthy Appetizers – Serve up these broiled bacon wrapped scallops as a meal made up of appetizers along with frozen air fryer chicken wings, stuffed mushrooms, roasted artichokes, or Asian turkey meatballs.
- Side Vegetables – Vegetable recipes such as roasted asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, or pan fried brussels sprouts pair very well with scallops and bacon.
- Salads – Salad recipes such as Italian artichoke salad, classic wedge salad, or caprese salad skewers pair well with scallops.
- Steak – Scallops make an excellent appetizer before a steak dinner, like a sirloin steak recipe or filet mignon.
Don’t forget the lemon butter sauce!
Tools To Make Baked Scallops and Bacon
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Baking Sheet with Rack – This pan is the key to crispy bacon. The rack improves air flow.
- Fancy Toothpicks – Serving bacon wrapped scallops in the oven for a crowd? Use these modern and fancy toothpicks!
Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe In The Oven
Learn how to cook bacon wrapped scallops in the oven! This delicious scallops and bacon combo with lemon butter sauce needs just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to the Broil setting. Place an oven-safe rack over a baking sheet.
Pat the scallops dry. Toss the scallops with lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Arrange the short (halved) bacon slices in a row on a cutting board. Place a scallop at the end of one slice and roll up. Secure with a toothpick and place onto the rack over the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining scallops and bacon.
Broil 6 inches from the heating element for 5 minutes. Flip the scallops and broil for 4-7 more minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
If desired, drizzle with lemon butter sauce right before serving.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 4 bacon wrapped scallops
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂