Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
I’ll admit it, some days I just don’t want to make dinner! That’s when I turn to my almost-no-cook solution: Air fryer brats. Like other air fryer sausages, cooking brats in the air fryer is super fast with no prep whatsoever. You just need a simple side dish for a satisfying meal!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Brats
- Savory, smoky flavors
- Crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside
- Only 1 ingredient!
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Faster than the oven or grill
- Minimal cleanup, perfect for busy days
Ingredients & Substitutions
Brats are the only ingredient you need! This air fryer bratwursts recipe is based off 3.8-ounce uncooked bratwursts. You’ll need to adjust the cooking time as needed if you have larger or smaller bratwurst links.
Bratwurst come in various flavors at the grocery store, including traditional, beer brats, jalapeno, bacon, or even cheddar cheese-filled options, so you can choose your favorite to suit your taste.
How To Cook Brats In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make brats in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Arrange the uncooked brats in the air fryer basket in a single layer, without touching each other.
- Cook. Cook brats, turning halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees F.
How Long To Cook Brats In The Air Fryer?
Cook air fryer brats at 370 degrees F for for 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Warm in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 2-3 minutes, just until heated.
- Freeze: You can freeze bratwurst cooked or raw. Wrap and store in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge or a bowl of cold water (still in the bag) before reheating.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Brats
For a well-rounded meal, try some of these simple sides:
- Side Salad – Pair your brats with coleslaw or a light and refreshing cucumber salad for a quick 5-minute side. For a more filling option, potato salad or cauliflower potato salad makes a hearty combo.
- Veggies – Start some brussels sprouts or asparagus in the oven before making your brats in the air fryer for a quick and easy side. Alternatively, you can make your entire meal in the same appliance by serving these sausages with air fryer sweet potatoes or air fryer cauliflower.
- Beans – Enjoy your brats with a side of smoky baked beans or a 3 bean salad.
More Fast Air Fryer Recipes
I love my air fryer for quick and weeknight meals (especially when I don’t want to cook). Here are some more easy air fryer recipes perfect for busy nights:
Air Fryer Brats (Fast, Easy Method!)
These air fryer brats make a fast, delicious, no-fuss meal! Making brats in the air fryer is so easy, with minimal cleanup.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F (188 degrees C) for a few minutes.
Arrange the brats in the air fryer basket in a single layer, without touching each other.
Cook air fryer brats for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) and the outside is golden brown.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 1 bratwurst
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂