This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Garrett Valley Farms. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
This slow cooker kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe is the dinner to make when you only have a few minutes to prep. It’s delicious, filling, and an easy and healthy slow cooker meal that you can just dump and go. If sauerkraut isn’t your thing, try Crock-Pot sausage and peppers instead!
I’m so excited to partner with Garrett Valley Farms on another recipe. Their sausages are made with high-quality ingredients and are so incredibly delicious!
Just like my fried cabbage and sausage recipe, the smoked kielbasa I use here comes from Garrett Valley Farms. I love their sausages because they are made from premium cuts of pork that are raised humanely and never given antibiotics. It’s smoked over hardwood and seasoned with real spices. And it makes this easy kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe the BEST!
How To Make Kielbasa And Sauerkraut In A Crock Pot
- Layer kielbasa. Place Garrett Valley Farms Smoked Kielbasa into slow cooker.
- Add brown sugar. Add onions on top of kielbasa. Sprinkle brown sugar substitute over onions.
FYI: If you are not sugar-free, you can use regular brown sugar. But this natural brown sugar substitute tastes just like the real thing, so it’s great for anyone watching their sugar intake, even if don’t have any special restrictions.
- Top with sauerkraut, tomatoes and broth. Layer on the drained sauerkraut and diced tomatoes, followed by chicken broth.
- Cook. Cook in slow cooker for 2-3 hours on High or 4-6 hours on Low.
Kielbasa Sauerkraut FAQs
Is kielbasa with sauerkraut healthy?
Yes, this slow cooker kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe is a healthy mix of vegetables and premium kielbasa.
Is kielbasa with sauerkraut keto-friendly?
Yes, this kielbasa and kraut recipe is made without any high-carbohydrate sides like potatoes, so each serving has just 8 grams net carbs.
Can I use turkey kielbasa?
Yes, Garret Valley Farms also has a turkey kielbasa that’s lighter in fat and calories, but just as flavorful.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can make kielbasa and kraut ahead if desired. Since we’re using a slow cooker, anywhere from 2-6 hours ahead will work, and you can use the warm function if you need it to stay warm for longer.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze kielbasa with sauerkraut?
Yes, you can freeze leftover kielbasa and kraut for 2-3 months.
How to reheat kielbasa sauerkraut:
Reheat leftovers in a hot skillet or microwave.
What Sides Go With Kielbasa And Sauerkraut?
This is a one-pot meal, so you don’t really need anything extra! But if you would like to include a side with this slow cooker kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe, try one of these:
- Starch or Veggies – Veggies such as keto fries, mashed cauliflower, or roasted zucchini pair well with this kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe. If your crowd isn’t low carb, feel free to add rice or potatoes.
- Salad – Salad recipes such as creamy cucumber salad, Israeli salad, or keto coleslaw work well on the side.
- Bread – Healthy bread recipes such as almond flour bread, keto dinner rolls, or low carb biscuits are a great side for kielbasa and sauerkraut in a slow cooker.
Tools To Make Kielbasa And Sauerkraut in A Slow Cooker
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Garrett Valley Farms Smoked Polska Kielbasa – This natural sausage is the star of kielbasa and sauerkraut in a Crock Pot! Amazing flavor.
- Slow Cooker – You can’t make kielbasa and sauerkraut in a Crock Pot without it! This is the one I have and it can be set with a timer so that it switches off to warm when it’s done cooking.
Kielbasa And Sauerkraut Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Kielbasa And Sauerkraut Recipe
See how to make kielbasa and sauerkraut in a Crock Pot - it's only 5 minutes prep time! This slow cooker kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe is an easy, delicious dinner.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place kielbasa at the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the onions over the kielbasa. Sprinkle brown monk fruit sweetener over the onions, if using.
Dump the drained cans of sauerkraut and diced tomatoes evenly into the slow cooker. Add chicken broth.
Cook for 4-6 hours on Low or 2-3 hours on High.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂