This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Garrett Valley Farms. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
You know I love a quick stir fry meal, and you’ll want to add this fried cabbage and sausage recipe to your list. It turns basic ingredients into deliciousness. This is a naturally keto cabbage and sausage, made with high quality andouille sausage and cajun seasoning for the best flavor… making it a veggie, protein, and flavor packed meal in one pan.
But even if you just want a simple weeknight dinner and aren’t low carb, you’re going to love this 30-minute meal. Be sure to let me know what you think of this easy smoked sausage and cabbage once you try it!
If you haven’t tried cooked cabbage, you are missing out! I love coleslaw as much as anyone, but cabbage is so delicious and satisfying when cooked. Try my Southern fried cabbage recipe for another healthy twist on braised cabbage.
I love getting my andouille from Garrett Valley Farms (I use it for making keto jambalaya, too!). Not only do their smoked sausages taste great, but they are made with minimal ingredients and use premium cuts of pork that are humanely raised and never given antibiotics. No nitrates, nitrites, or other artificial ingredients added! You can taste the difference in every bite.
And, many of their sausage options (including the andouille) are completely sugar-free!
How To Make Fried Cabbage And Sausage
This fried cabbage and sausage recipe couldn’t be easier! Let me show you how to make it:
- Brown. Heat oil in a large braiser pan (this one is the perfect size) and brown sliced andouille sausage on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Saute. Wipe down the pan and add butter and onions. Saute onions until soft and starting to brown.
- Steam. Add shredded cabbage to the braiser, cover, and cook until cabbage is starting to wilt, but still crisp-tender.
- Season. Add diced tomatoes, cajun seasoning, salt to taste, and cooked sausage. Stir fry until cabbage has wilted and extra liquid has evaporated.
Smoked Sausage And Cabbage FAQs
How many carbs in sausage and cabbage?
The amount of carbs in sausage and cabbage will vary based on what else is in the recipe and the brand of sausage you use.
Each serving (a generous 1 1/2 cups – enough for a full meal!) of this fried cabbage with smoked sausage has 8.9 grams net carbs. The full nutrition stats can be found below the recipe card.
Is cabbage and sausage keto?
Some cabbage and sausage recipes are keto, but not all of them! Some add sugar to the mix, or use sausages with sneaky fillers.
Because we used a super clean Garrett Valley Farms Sugar-Free Smoked Andouille Sausage to make this fried cabbage and sausage recipe, and we’re not adding any sugar, this recipe is keto friendly.
Is cabbage and sausage healthy?
Yes! Cabbage and sausage is packed with protein, veggies, and natural ingredients, making it a healthy meal (not to mention easy!). It also happens to be naturally low carb, paleo, and even whole30 friendly.
What kind of sausage should I use?
This dish has a cajun flavor profile and goes perfectly with smoked andouille sausage. If you want something more mild, Garrett Valley Farms also makes a delicious smoked kielbasa.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can make this ahead. You can also prep all of the ingredients and cook the entire dish in just 20 minutes. Simply slice the sausage and shred the cabbage, and you’ll be ready to cook.
How to store fried cabbage and smoked sausage:
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Can you freeze cooked cabbage and sausage?
Yes, you can freeze leftover cabbage and smoked sausage stir fry. Store in a freezer-safe container for 2-3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
How to reheat sausage and cabbage stir fry:
Reheat leftovers in the microwave, but preferably in a hot skillet on the stove.
What To Serve With Keto Cabbage And Sausage
You don’t really need to serve sausage and cabbage with anything – the whole point is it’s a one-pan meal! That being said, if you want to add something, here are some ideas:
- Salad – Salad recipes like Greek salad, creamy cucumber salad, or chopped Mediterranean salad pair well with this smoked sausage and fried cabbage recipe.
- Bread – Bread recipes like almond flour bread, fathead dinner rolls, or keto garlic cheese bread pair well with fried cabbage with sausage and tomatoes.
- Desserts – Who doesn’t love to end a meal with dessert? Dessert recipes like keto brownies, chocolate peanut butter fat bombs, or low carb chocolate cookies are a the perfect ending to a meal of keto fried cabbage and sausage.
More Easy One Pan Meals
Get protein and veggies all in one dish with these easy recipes.
- Keto Teriyaki Chicken And Cauliflower Rice
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites With Lemon Zucchini Noodles
- Crock-Pot Sausage And Peppers
- Whole30 Chili
Tools To Make Sausage and Cabbage
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Garrett Valley Farms Sugar-Free Andouille Sausage – Try it and taste the difference! With so few ingredients in this dish, this is the star.
- Braiser Pan – This 3.5 quart braiser is the perfect size for this smoked sausage and cabbage recipe.
Easy Fried Cabbage And Sausage Recipe
Fried Cabbage And Sausage Recipe
A super EASY fried cabbage and sausage recipe! This keto combo of smoked sausage and cabbage makes a healthy, delicious dinner in just 30 minutes.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Wipe down the pan and add the butter.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, until soft and starting to brown.
Add the cabbage. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the cabbage is starting to wilt near the bottom of the pan.
Uncover and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until cabbage is slightly wilted but a little crisp-tender.
Add the drained diced tomatoes, cajun seasoning, salt to taste, and cooked sausage. Increase heat to medium-high.
Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until cabbage is wilted and extra liquid has evaporated.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups, or 1/6 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂