FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Just as often as I make creamy cucumber salad, I make this cucumber radish salad recipe with sour cream and dill. It’s a variation of the same wonderful summer side dish! Like many Russian salads I grew up with, we forego the greens for heartier veggies and creamy dressing. Cucumber and radish salad combines cool cucumbers, crunchy radishes, and a creamy sour cream dressing flavored with fresh lemon juice and aromatic dill.
How To Make Cucumber Radish Salad
This cucumber radish dill salad takes just 10 minutes to make! Here’s how:
- Wash and trim radishes and cucumbers. The cucumbers are pretty straightforward. For the radishes, you might need to scrub them and cut off more to get rid of the root and greens.
- Slice veggies thinly. I like to make super thin rounds – they make a great texture for radish cucumber salad! The thinly sliced radishes are pictured below, but you’ll want to do the same with the cucumbers.
- Make sour cream dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Assemble Russian radish and cucumber salad. Stir in sliced cucumbers and radishes, and toss to coat with dressing.
Cucumber And Radish Salad FAQs
Is creamy radish salad keto?
Yes, cucumber and radish salad is keto. Each 1 cup serving has just 3 grams net carbs. But you don’t have to be keto to enjoy it!
Is cucumber and radish salad healthy?
Yes, absolutely! This salad is loaded with fresh cucumbers and radishes – it’s a delicious way to eat veggies.
Can you make it with only radishes or only cucumbers?
Sure! Just increase the amount of the other veggie by the amount of the one you excluded. The cucumber-only version would be a lot like my popular cucumber salad recipe.
Can you use dried dill?
Yes. Use 2 teaspoons dried dill to replace 2 tablespoons fresh.
Can you use different veggies?
Sure! Feel free to throw in anything you like. Firm veggies are best, so that they hold up to the creamy dressing.
A few years ago, I published a variation of this recipe that used sugar snap peas instead of cucumbers. It still came out to 5 net carbs per serving, but sugar snap peas are not typically on the keto food list, so making it with cucumber is still a bit more keto friendly.
Can you make it dairy-free?
Yes. Instead of the sour cream dressing, use the vinaigrette dressing from my tomato cucumber avocado salad recipe.
Cucumber Radish Salad Storage Instructions
Can you make radish & cucumber salad ahead?
Yes, cucumber and radish recipes like this salad can be made 1-2 days ahead.
It can get just a bit watery, though. Another option is to prep the dressing and slice the veggies and then toss together right before serving.
How to store salad with radish and cucumber
Cucumber and radish salad recipes should be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
More Keto Summer Salad Recipes
If you like this cucumber and radish salad recipe, you might also like some of these other low carb keto salad recipes:
- Israeli Salad – Make this one while the cucumbers and tomatoes are abundant!
- Keto Coleslaw – Traditional coleslaw and a great side for grilled dinners.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – I make this salad all summer long when the cucumbers are fresh! It goes with any meal.
- Cucumber Dill Salad – A similar idea, but with an oil-based dressing instead.
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh – Light and freshing, just like this radish cucumber salad!
Tools To Make Cucumber And Radish Salad
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Mandoline Slicer – A mandoline is the fastest way to get thin, uniform slices out of your veggies.
Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe
A healthy, easy, and creamy cucumber radish salad recipe with simple ingredients! See how to make cucumber and radish salad in just 10 minutes.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Stir in the cucumbers and radishes.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Video Showing How To Make Cucumber Radish Salad:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Cucumber Radish Salad!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂