FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I love my greens, but in my Russian Jewish family, I didn’t grow up eating them much. Instead, we had a lot of chopped salads, like olivie, tomato cucumber avocado salad, and a variation of this easy Israeli salad recipe. Freshly chopped veggies are tossed with an incredibly simple Israeli salad dressing (it’s just a simple lemon vinagrette!) for a bright and crunchy salad. Let me show you how to make Israeli salad – it takes just a few minutes and you’re going to love it!
Bonus: If you have kids in the house that refuse to eat lettuce and other greens, this is a great way to get them eating salad! Not that I’d know anything about that problem. 😉
What Is Israeli Salad?
Authentic Israeli salad is a chopped salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and peppers. It’s often served with Israeli meals.
I kept mine as simple as possible, which makes it the best Israeli salad recipe in my book.
How To Make Israeli Salad
- Dice veggies: tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions.
- Make Israeli salad dressing. In a medium-large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper until emulsified.
- Assemble diced cucumber salad. Add diced vegetables and chopped and parsley to the bowl. Toss together.
Israeli Salad Dressing Ingredients
Make it with just four pantry staples:
- Olive oil – A must in dressings. Because the Israeli salad dressing is so basic, use high quality.
- Lemon juice – Gives the Israeli chopped salad bright flavor. Fresh is best, but bottled will work!
- Sea salt – After you toss the salad ingredients together, taste, and adjust salt if desired.
- Black pepper – Add more freshly cracked pepper to taste.
Israeli Salad Recipe FAQs
Is Israeli salad healthy?
Definitely! It’s basically veggies and olive oil.
Is Israeli salad keto friendly?
Yes, this healthy Israeli salad recipe is keto friendly, too. Each cup has 8.3 grams net carbs (a lot of these come from the carbs in tomatoes).
TIP: If you want to make it even more keto friendly, throw in some avocado. It’s not authentic, but will add healthy fats, and displaces the other veggies per serving a bit, which would reduce the carbs per cup.
What to serve with Israeli salad
Israeli salad can be served with just about anything. Here are a few ideas for you:
- Chicken – Especially chicken breast or chicken drumsticks
- Fish – Such as baked salmon or cod fish
- Lamb – Lamb kofta kebab fits well with the flavors
- Beef – Like juicy burgers or simple steak
- Eggs – It’s delish with scrambled or fried eggs with avocado
- Hummus – Serve Israeli salad in a wrap with cauliflower hummus (or regular if you’re not low carb)
Israeli Salad Recipe Storage Instructions
Can you make Israeli cucumber salad ahead?
This Israeli salad recipe is best fresh, but you can prep the ingredients ahead of time so that all you have to do is toss the ingredients together.
- Chop tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and onions.
- Make Israeli chopped salad dressing.
Because the salad doesn’t contain any lettuce, you can make it a few hours in advance. No need to worry about soggy lettuce.
How to store chopped cucumber salad
Store it in the refrigerator for 1-3 days. (You may need to drain it if it sits.)
More Keto Salad Recipes
If you like this simple Israeli salad, you might also like some of these other low carb keto salad recipes:
- Keto Coleslaw – A great side dish for summer meals or grilled meats! Five ingredients, five minutes, and just 2 grams net carbs!
- Classic Wedge Salad – My keto version of the classic wedge. Great with steak or all on it’s own.
- Chopped Avocado Caprese Salad – Classic caprese flavors get a healthy boost of avocado.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – If this salad doesn’t scream summer, I don’t know what does. Great to make-ahead as it gets better in the fridge.
Tools To Make Tomato Cucumber Chopped Salad:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Wooden Salad Bowl – This Israeli salad recipe looks gorgeous in this wooden salad bowl.
- Glass Storage Containers – Leftovers? Easily store them in these glass containers with lids.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Israeli Salad Recipe
See how to make Israeli salad with just 5 basic ingredients + ultra simple dressing! This easy Israeli salad recipe is a perfect side dish to anything and takes just 10 minutes to make.
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper in a medium-large bowl. Tilt the bowl and whisk until emulsified.
Add the chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, and parsley. Toss to coat.
Made this recipe? Leave a rating! ★★★★★
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.