This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Oven baked lamb chops is how I usually prepare them, but after I discovered how surprisingly well air fryer filet mignon turned out, I decided to give lamb chops in the air fryer a try, too… and they were a big success! Air fryer lamb chops are more hands-off than the oven version, taste super juicy, and are ready in just a fraction of the time. They are easy enough for a quick healthy dinner, but nice enough for a special occasion or entertaining.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe
- Lightly seasoned to let the lamb flavor shine
- Cooked to juicy, tender perfection (never dry!)
- Quick and easy to make
- Ready in less than 15 minutes
- Made with simple ingredients and dried herbs
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for lamb chops in the air fryer, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Lamb Chops – This air fryer lamb chops recipe was tested using rib chops (the kind that are from a rack of lamb, separated into individual bones), but lamb loin chops would also work. The cook time may take a couple of minutes longer if you use lamb loin chops. (You can learn more about the difference in my baked lamb chops post.)
- Olive Oil – Or any neutral, heat-safe oil. Avocado oil is another great option.
- Spices – Dried rosemary, dried thyme, sea salt (or kosher salt), and black pepper.
VARIATION: Make a lamb chop marinade.
- Olive oil – One tablespoon is enough for coating the chops, but if you want a marinade, use 1/4 cup instead, and add the other ingredients below.
- Lemon juice – A tablespoon of acid, such as lemon juice (or vinegar), can help tenderize the meat. If you add this, marinate the lamb chops for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours, to let the acid do its thing.
- Garlic – Add 2 cloves of minced garlic, or 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Spices – I used rosemary and thyme, but dried basil or dried oregano would also make nice additions. You could also just use Italian seasoning for simplicity and a variety of herbs.
How To Make Lamb Chops In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to cook lamb chops in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Preheat. This is not required, but preheating your air fryer will help get a nice crust on the meat.
- Season. Drizzle lamb chops with oil in a large bowl and season with rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Coat the meat evenly in the mixture.
- Cook. Place lamb chops in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure to leave room between the pieces, so they aren’t crowded. (Cook in batches if necessary.) Air fry (see below for recommended cook times), and flip halfway through.
- Rest. Let the lamb rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How Long To Cook Lamb Chops In The Air Fryer?
Air fryer lamb chops take about 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
However, the best way to know for sure is to use a meat thermometer; you can use an instant-read thermometer like this, but my preferred method is a probe thermometer, which you can insert after flipping the chops and it will beep when the desired internal temperature is reached.
Air fry lamb chops to 120 degrees F for rare, 130 degrees F for medium rare, 140 degrees F for medium, 150 degrees F for medium well, or 160 degrees F for well done. The temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees more after cooking.
TIP: Cooking lamb chops above medium is not recommended.
They may taste gamey if they are overcooked.
- Store: Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in a 350 degree air fryer for a few minutes or heat in a hot skillet, just until warm. Be careful to not overcook!
- Freeze: You can freeze lamb chops for 2-3 months. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, so they don’t get freezer burn. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
What To Serve With Air Fried Lamb Chops
Lamb is commonly served with potatoes, but I prefer to serve mine with a healthy side dish, such as:
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Try some of these other easy air fryer recipes next time:
Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe
Air Fryer Lamb Chops (Quick & Juicy!)
Learn how to make lamb chops in the air fryer perfectly every time! These easy air fryer lamb chops are juicy, flavorful, and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
In a large bowl, drizzle the lamb chops with olive oil. Season with rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Turn to coat evenly.
Place the lamb chops in the air fryer in a single layer, with the pieces not touching each other, or at most minimally touching. (If your air fryer is too small, cook in two batches.) Cook for 7-8 minutes, turning at 4 minutes.
Remove the lamb chops from the air fryer and place on a plate. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 lamb chop
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂