FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’ll love this cheesy and crunchy air fryer eggplant! Cooking eggplant in the air fryer is super quick, making it a great veggie side dish for just about any meal.
My go-to ways to prepare eggplant are sauteed eggplant and roasted eggplant, but when I want a crispy exterior AND the fastest prep time, this eggplant air fryer recipe can’t be beat. On the other hand, if you have a little more time, be sure to try eggplant in an eggplant lasagna… it’s SO good!
Can I Air Fry Eggplant?
Yes! Making eggplant in the air fryer is fast and delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Eggplant Recipe
- Savory, cheesy flavor with caramelized edges
- Crunchy exterior and soft interior
- Easy & healthy
- Cooks in just 10 minutes
Air Fried Eggplant Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for eggplant in the air fryer, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Eggplant – Look for a deep purple eggplant, with a smooth skin that’s not dented or bruised. Small eggplants are preferred to larger ones, because they are less bitter and have fewer seeds.
- Olive Oil – I recommend extra virgin olive oil, but light olive oil or even avocado oil will also work fine.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – You can buy pre-grated or grate your own, just make sure it’s super finely grated, not shredded, so that you get that crispy exterior. We’re using this in lieu of an actual breading, and I think it makes the best air fried eggplant!
- Italian Seasoning – You can use homemade Italian seasoning or store-bought. Or feel free to add other spices, like garlic powder or paprika.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
How To Cook Eggplant In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make cooking eggplant in air fryer with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Slice. Cut eggplant crosswise to make circles that are 1/2 inch thick.
TIP: Cut off leafy end after slicing. This will allow you to have more to grab on to.
- Season. Drizzle eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Air fry eggplant. Arrange the slices in a single layer and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the eggplant is soft and cheese is golden brown.
TIP: Cook in batches and don’t crowd the air fryer basket. Batches ensure that it browns properly.
- To store: Store leftover eggplant in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- To reheat: To maintain crispness, reheat the eggplant slices in the air fryer again, or briefly pan fry. Microwaving will leave it rather soggy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like eggplant air fryer recipes like this one, you might also like:
Tools To Make Air Fryer Eggplant Recipes
- Air Fryer – This is my favorite one, from a familiar brand. It has a large basket, it’s easy to use, and cooks evenly.
Easy Air Fryer Eggplant Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Air Fryer Eggplant Recipe
This healthy, EASY air fryer eggplant recipe is ready in 15 minutes, with just 4 ingredients! Making eggplant in the air fryer is faster than other methods, plus this one has a delicious crispy, cheesy coating.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Slice the eggplant crosswise to make circles, about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick. Cut off the leafy end only after you are done slicing, so that you'll have more to grab onto as you slice.
Drizzle or brush the eggplant slices with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the eggplant is soft and the cheese is golden brown. Repeat in batches with remaining eggplant slices.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 4 slices, or 1/4 entire recipe
Video Showing How To Make Air Fryer Eggplant:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe — it’s located directly above the ingredients list. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make Air Fryer Eggplant!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂