This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Wondering if you can make zucchini chips in the air fryer? Yes, you can! I’ve been making baked zucchini chips for years, and recently decided to try them using my air fryer. They’re even better! These air fryer zucchini chips crisp up evenly, are much quicker than the oven, and make a delicious, naturally low carb snack.
If you love zucchini as much as I do, you’ll also want to give zucchini pizza bites, sausage stuffed zucchini boats, and zucchini roll ups a try! And for more crispy crunch, make cheesy air fryer zucchini or baked cheese crisps next. Looking for a dip for these chips? Try hot crab dip!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips: Why You’ll Love Them
- Salty and savory
- Light and crunchy
- Just 2 simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper)
- Easy to customize for different flavors
- No flour, breading, or eggs needed
- Super fast: 5 minutes prep time and 10 minutes to cook
- Healthy and delicious snack, appetizer, or side dish
Ingredients & Variations
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for crispy air fryer zucchini chips, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Zucchini – Look for a firm dark green zucchini that doesn’t have any nicks or cuts on it. The thickness doesn’t matter — any will do! If you have extra zucchini slices left over, make sauteed zucchini with them.
- Olive oil – Use extra virgin olive oil for best flavor.
- Sea salt & black pepper
You can also use similar ingredients and method to make air fryer kale chips.
Feel free to change it up by tossing the zucchini in different seasonings:
- Italian – Add Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spicy – Cajun seasoning or jerk seasoning would be perfect if you like some heat!
- Ranch – Toss in ranch seasoning.
- Lemon Pepper – Use lemon pepper seasoning, or simply add some lemon zest and extra black pepper.
- Parmesan – Add a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
Can You Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Without Breadcrumbs?
Yes! While many zucchini chips are made with breadcrumbs, you don’t need them and the chips get nice and crunchy on their own. Plus, they are less work to make without breading.
How To Make Zucchini Chips In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to air fry zucchini chips with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Slice. Cut the zucchini into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick.
TIP: Use a mandoline for slicing! This will ensure that your zucchini chips are even thickness and get crispy. It’s hard to slice that thinly using a knife.
- Dry. Use a paper towel to pat any excess liquid off of the zucchini slices.
- Season. Toss zucchini slices with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to evenly coat the slices.
- Air fry zucchini chips. Place zucchini slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer (make sure it’s preheated first. Cook until golden brown and crunchy. (Start checking the zucchini slices after 8 minutes.)
TIP: Don’t crowd the air fryer.
Cook in batches so that you don’t crowd the zucchini slices in the air fryer, or they won’t get browned and crispy.
Store leftover air fryer zucchini slices in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks in your pantry. If they get soft, you can crisp them up again in the air fryer for a couple of minutes.
Air-fried zucchini chips make a great snack all on their own, but if you want a little something extra, try a dipping sauce! They taste great with marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or even tahini sauce. They also make great dippers for all kinds of salsa, from classic fresh tomato salsa to salsa verde, or even guacamole.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you like these zucchini chips in the air fryer, you might also like some of my other air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Recipe
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips (Easy & Crispy!)
Learn how to make zucchini chips in the air fryer in just 10 minutes! These air fryer zucchini chips make a healthy, salty, and crispy snack.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Use a mandoline to slice zucchini into 1/8 in (0.3 cm) thick slices.
Pat any excess liquid off of the zucchini slices with a paper towel.
Preheat air fryer to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini slices, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss until all slices are coated.
Place the zucchini slices in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook for 8-12 minutes. Check at the 8 minute mark and remove any slices that are browning/crisping. Continue to check every couple of minutes until all slices are done. Repeat with all zucchini slices. Zucchini will crisp up a more while cooling.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1/4 of entire recipe, or about 20 zucchini chips
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂